It could be a re-imagining of Wrath, the Anti-Batman.

Possibly, but I thought it said somewhere that the new villain wasn't based on any character from the comics?

Despite my feelings, the trailer is really awesome.

Possibly, but I thought it said somewhere that the new villain wasn't based on any character from the comics?

Oh, I must've missed that then! :)

It's not but it was done by the DC people, not RockSteady.  I bet we'll see him/her/it in the comics after the game.

Also, those shots of the city are great, finally there's more space between buildings and it doesn't feel like you're stuck in a closely packed area where the "streets" are more like allies than actual roads where cars can drive on.

• Like 2

There is no multiplayer in Arkham Knight. Rocksteady is focused on "making the best single-player experience it can" and doesn't feel it needs multiplayer.

Hehe. It's funny that an announcement about a lack of multiplayer is considered good news. No more shoehorned MP BS. They're learning. Slowly.

Revealing The Story Of Batman: Arkham Knight

To coincide with our April cover for Batman: Arkham Knight, every other day we'll be posting an exclusive feature detailing an aspect of the game. While the CGI trailer hinted at some of the characters that will be in the game, we wanted to kick things off by having the developers at Rocksteady Studios explain the premise and new details on the game's plot.

For the first time in Rocksteady's Arkham games, renowned Batman writer Paul Dini will not be involved. The studio is still consulting with DC's chief creative officer Geoff Johns but are relying on their team of in-house writers to craft the story. Game director Sefton Hill is leading the writing team, and he pulled in senior script writer Martin Lancaster (who has worked on the Crysis and Killzone series) to help shape the plot.

Source: GameInformer (Contains a video with more info regarding the new villain. But be warned, it also spoils the ending of Arkham City)

Batman Arkham Knight Superman Rumors: News Reports Of Justice League Saving The World Easter Egg As The Man Of Steel Appears To Set-Up Potential New Videogame Franchise

The Batman "Arkham" franchise is known for its amazing easter eggs that gives gamers a good insight into the world of "Arkham". Who could forget the easter egg of Harley Quinn's pregnancy? Well, it seems like a rumored easter egg of the Justice League and Superman will set-up the next franchise of Rocksteady!

"The World's Finest" aka Superman and Batman is a hot topic recently with the creation of the "Batman vs Superman" movie and the countless what-if fights the two have waged. It seems like the last game in the "Arkham" franchise would like to drop its hat into a ring to fan the flame of the Batman/Superman hype.

It has been rumored that in the upcoming Batman: Arkham Knight videogame, Rocksteady will drop in hints that the Justice League exists in the game "world" via radio messages Batman will come across in the game. Batman will pass by open radio's where the newscasters will report on various members of the Justice League are saving one part of the world.

It doesn't stop there though, it has been speculated that Superman himself will make an appearance. In the rumors, Superman will stop by at Gotham City and he will ask Batman if he could help out. Batman will reject Superman's offer (either in an annoyed "I don't need help" tone or it will be a simple and politce refusal) and either way, Superman will leave and he won't be seen in the game again.

This rumor is gaining some steam because Rocksteady has been toying with the idea of making another superhero game after they're done with the Batman "Arkham" franchise and a good Superman game is something gamers have been wanting for a long time.

Source: KDrama Stars

• 2 weeks later...

New Batman: Arkham Knight Images and Rocksteady Interview

Sony PlayStation has released more images from Rocksteady Studios' highly-anticipated Batman: Arkham Knight which feature the title character, a villain created in conjunction with DC Comics, as well as an interview from GDC with Rocksteady's Dax Ginn talking about the Batmobile, the Arkham Knight and more.

In the explosive finale to the "Arkham" series, Batman faces the ultimate threat against the city he is sworn to protect. The Scarecrow returns to unite an impressive roster of super villains, including Penguin, Two-Face and Harley Quinn, to destroy The Dark Knight forever. The game will be released on October 14 for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC.

arkhamknightnew7.jpg

arkhamknightnew1.jpg

arkhamknightnew6.jpg

arkhamknightnew3.jpg

Source: SuperHeroHype (Click the link for more images!)
  • Like 2

just saw the trailer and it looks really good. the inheritance bit of thomas wayne was pure genius. and that's one mean batmobile.

I really hope that when they upped the scale of the city that we also have more places we can enter.  Being outside most of the time is ok but I'd like more internal settings to, and not just some small things like what Origins had.

I really hope that when they upped the scale of the city that we also have more places we can enter.  Being outside most of the time is ok but I'd like more internal settings to, and not just some small things like what Origins had.

I'm hoping for the same tbh! Would be nice because that would also mean that the game takes longer to finish.

Looks very good. Trying to finish Arkham City thanks to the weekend Steam sale, and while definitely a good experience, i get this cloying feeling when i play it. Like they really tried to cram too much into it and made the world too complicated. Even navigation isn't simple. Certainly it's great if you want a challenge and more immersion. I don't know, Arkham Asylum just flowed much better, and was still plenty deep.

Hope Knight goes back to that kind of feel, though it's hard to describe what that feel is - Arkham City is by no means a bad game.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

The sections with the Batmobile look good. 

Just recently finished Arkham City (working towards finishing the side quests atm) but need to get cracking with Arkham Origins.

The sections with the Batmobile look good. 

Just recently finished Arkham City (working towards finishing the side quests atm) but need to get cracking with Arkham Origins.

I found origins to be a good bit shorter compared to City, so it shouldn't take you long.  The boss fights in Origins are a nice mix though, I really liked them.

I found origins to be a good bit shorter compared to City, so it shouldn't take you long.  The boss fights in Origins are a nice mix though, I really liked them.

Ah okay, I tried to make City last a little longer by upping the difficulty but then I just found it impossible. I heard there were quite a few technical issues with Origins so hopefully with Rocksteady behind the game it should be the best yet. 

• 2 weeks later...