video remove software

Question

Hi,

I have a small video file (.wmv format).

I want to remove some part of it.

which software can help me ?

I searched google ...there are many splitter/joiner tools ....but I don't  want split and again join ......I want to mark part of the video and press delete to remove that part from the main video .........Is there any lightweight software ?

exactly I followed these steps. 

They don't work.   they did not remove the scenes from main movie.

Please check at your side.

Just tried to remove some scenes from a WMV file using Freemake and it works fine. Something must be wrong with your video.

http://imgur.com/a/tXXih

Just tried to remove some scenes from a WMV file using Freemake and it works fine. Something must be wrong with your video.

http://imgur.com/a/tXXih

yup....  may be ....I tested with another video .....this time it worked !

anyway,  conversion time  is taking long.  This is a headache .  I am saving as same format.

I tested with a  a 4/5 minute video clip...it took a long conversion time .......Can it be faster conversion time ?   is there any other software which could save time ?

Ok -- here lets see if we can make this as simple as possible with pictures.  So we have an example to work with - I grabbed this wmv

https://archive.org/details/Windows7WildlifeSampleVideo

Its 30 sec wmv, got some animal scenes -- so a few seconds into into the video there is some seals

post-14624-0-83604100-1394472593.png

I want to cut that section out So I go to just before it starts an hit split, then go to where the section I want to remove ends and hit split again.

post-14624-0-76854900-1394472618.png

Now I highlight that section and delete it

post-14624-0-84268800-1394472668.png

Then I just save the movie, it only takes a few seconds to do this..  If it is taking long, which how long do you think is long?  Might be your computer?  What speed is it, what kind of HDD or SSD do you have?

post-14624-0-85959200-1394538011.png

It really should only take a couple of minutes to do something so simple - its possible your confused with the word trim?  Trim is used when you want to "trim" off an end or both ends -- if you want to cut out something in the middle you need to isolate that section by splitting it out.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for  your time.

bit confused with this...

so I go to just before it starts an hit split, then go to where the section I want to remove ends and hit split again.
This will create a split in the movie.. I then go to the end of the scene I want to remove and hit split again.

Is  it you are hitting split   3 times  on the movie ?

What I understood is ....

first hit split =>  start point of the movie I want to remove.

second hit split =>  end point of the movie I want to remove.

third hit split => where to hit this ?   and also  this is for what ?  I am confused  right at this part.

That was just bad editing on my part - no you don't hit split 3 times..  When I inserted a picture I must of typed something twice.  Reread it - I fixed it.

You hit split and the beginning and end of the part you want to remove and then select it and delete.