Cortana appears on The Tonight Show, Siri isn't happy

Cortana appears on The Tonight Show, Siri isn't happy

While it hasn?t been made official by Microsoft yet, Cortana has been mentioned last Friday on the Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon. The forthcoming intelligent personal assistant for Windows Phone 8.1 got a ?Thank You? note from the show?s host. Watch the segment after the break. 

Jimmy Fallon says:

Thank you, Microsoft Windows Phone, for releasing your own voice assistant named Cortana. Whereas Siri put it when she heard the news, ?Oh, it?s on, bitch!?

It?s still unclear if Cortana will be the official name or if it will be called something else when announced in April. In case you missed it, a leaked video of Cortana has already surfaced. We?re really excited about Windows Phone?s upcoming voice assistant, and we look forward to its official announcement.

Source: WPCentral

lol...fallon's awesome.

I'm just hoping that ms sticks with the cortana name and not call it something like bing personal voice assistant or something....unnatural.  

Just shows you something about WP, sure it's behind the other two but it's share is growing and when you hear about it on shows like this when a year ago you never would've then, I think it's another sign of growth.

Just shows you something about WP, sure it's behind the other two but it's share is growing and when you hear about it on shows like this when a year ago you never would've then, I think it's another sign of growth.

It's possible that was a paid spot. Twice.

However, the first time he mentioned it earlier in the week he says "Microsoft announced..." which I don't believe they've officially announced anything, all just leaks, right?

It's possible that was a paid spot. Twice.

However, the first time he mentioned it earlier in the week he says "Microsoft announced..." which I don't believe they've officially announced anything, all just leaks, right?

Nothing official about cortana yet, not till build, all just leaks.

now if only it actually was released. i suppose those of us with the developers preview will get the update here in a month or so.