Only covenant that matters is Sun Bros  :woot:

• Like 3

Does anyone actually say that in the game? i mean i do the gesture while standing on the cliffside in Majula and then say it to my monitor, but in the game i haven't heard anyone say it in nearly 20 hours of play :laugh:

Does anyone actually say that in the game? :laugh:

No, maybe in DS1?

Yj5tXbc.jpg

ZAwPM4s.jpg

I have almost finished the game. This is definitely GOTY to me.

No, maybe in DS1?

I have almost finished the game. This is definitely GOTY to me.

Hahaha awesome pics by the way! And thought it might actually be from DS1, never did get too far into that one, unlike DS2, which i agree is GOTY material without a doubt.

• Like 1

Done with the game. Took me about 66-67 hours to finish. Epic game.

Congratulations Rambo! Nice job and also hurrah for awesome pics!

Praise the sun!

post-121333-0-07599500-1399656847.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks bro. Now i am on NG+. It's great, there are some new enemies. I also missed 3-4 bosses in my previous playthrough.

• Like 3

Thanks bro. Now i am on NG+. It's great, there are some new enemies. I also missed 3-4 bosses in my previous playthrough.

Royal Rat Authority by any chanced? Missed it on my first playthrough, done on second pre-patch. Was a right bitch pre-patch!

Royal Rat Authority by any chanced? Missed it on my first playthrough, done on second pre-patch. Was a right bitch pre-patch!

Royal Rat Vanguard. :p Yeah RRA was an annoying boss.

Also I did not fight King

Vendrick and Ancient Dragon.

• Like 2

Royal Rat Vanguard. :p Yeah RRA was an annoying boss.

Also I did not fight King

Vendrick and Ancient Dragon.

I thought RRV was mandatory on the way down to you know where?

Yeah I ignored the last one you posted, died soo many times I just gave up.

I thought RRV was mandatory on the way down to you know where?

Yeah I ignored the last one you posted, died soo many times I just gave up.

DS2Wiki says Grave of Saints area can be skipped if one makes it all the way to the bottom of The Pit in Majula.

• Like 2

Royal Rat Vanguard must be the best name ever for a boss. Love it. Love the writing in general, it's a lot more savvy than the previous two Souls games, which took themselves a little too seriously i thought.

EDIT: so wait, this Rat was in DS, not DS2? I'm confused! Someone hand me the Ring of Mental Faculty Retention

Royal Rat Vanguard must be the best name ever for a boss. Love it. Love the writing in general, it's a lot more savvy than the previous two Souls games, which took themselves a little too seriously i thought.

EDIT: so wait, this Rat was in DS, not DS2? I'm confused! Someone hand me the Ring of Mental Faculty Retention

RRV and RRA are both DS2 :P

• Like 2

RRV and RRA are both DS2 :p

Hahaha man i'm clueless, thanks for setting the record straight :rofl:

Either way finally got past the "boss that is actually three" with a little help from friends...amazing how the most impossible situation becomes quite manageable with co-op. Especially when one of your friends is a level 100+ mage with this staff that emits some weird blue light...don't ask me the technicalities, not a Souls afficionado. That thing brought down "one of the three" in like three shots!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hahahaha finally met RRA and was laughing so hard seeing my summon running around under RRA with such precision, i died. Literally. RRA got me. I feel bad for the summon, he was really good.

I blame Audio, you told me about RRV and RRA...those names are hilarious. Next time anyone asks what engine Dark Souls 2 uses i'll just say PCP. They must have been on that at least!

EDIT: wait a minute, did i stumble upon a glitch? why was there a summon sign? I read that there are not supposed to be summons in certain areas...maybe i'm the one who's on PCP. Curiouser and curiouser.

qYGhiMD.png

Hahahaha finally met RRA and was laughing so hard seeing my summon running around under RRA with such precision, i died. Literally. RRA got me. I feel bad for the summon, he was really good.

I blame Audio, you told me about RRV and RRA...those names are hilarious. Next time anyone asks what engine Dark Souls 2 uses i'll just say PCP. They must have been on that at least!

EDIT: wait a minute, did i stumble upon a glitch? why was there a summon sign? I read that there are not supposed to be summons in certain areas...maybe i'm the one who's on PCP. Curiouser and curiouser.

qYGhiMD.png

I done RRA alone, but summons should be okay. It's in a PVP area.

Next up for you neo, back to Demons Souls <3 

Demons Souls > DS1 > DS2 for me. Don't get me wrong I love DS2, but DS1 was the better world/game, DS2 had better gameplay. Now that From are nailing what they want with gameplay mechanics, the next focus is on creating a better world.

To say I'm hyped about Project Beast is an understatement, I'll be sorely disappointed if it's not at E3.

• Like 1

Demons Souls > DS1 > DS2 for me. Don't get me wrong I love DS2, but DS1 was the better world/game, DS2 had better gameplay. Now that From are nailing what they want with gameplay mechanics, the next focus is on creating a better world.

To say I'm hyped about Project Beast is an understatement, I'll be sorely disappointed if it's not at E3.

What do we know about Project Beast though? I've only seen a few screenshots, but I don't really know if it's going to be "Souls" like game.

Thanks dude :D though there is a definite possibility i got the boss fights mixed up due to the typically "augmented" state i'm in when doing Dark Souls 2 :drool: ...also met the skeleton dudes and Najka in the same session and they may have all gotten mixed up in my head...definitely did not manage the latter two solo, both with summons. I applaud you for taking on RRA solo, that guy is tough. I don't know who's the pet in that relationship :rofl:

For sure, played all three in sequence, but Demon's kicked my butt, and Dark Souls also proved more of a challenge. As you said, From finally nailed the balance with their LSD-driven game design :laugh:

Am tempted to go back to Dark Souls, but does it even work on Steam now with the move from GWFL?

What do we know about Project Beast though? I've only seen a few screenshots, but I don't really know if it's going to be "Souls" like game.

It sure looks like a Souls entry, i'd say a safe bet that it's a Demon's successor, which scares me :cry:

I done RRA pre-patch as well (they nerfed him a bit).

Managed it with Hex magic. Great Resonant Soul is so OP for PVE, and sometimes PVP.

• Like 1

Flame Swathe and a fire sword makes the RRA pretty easy. I just swathed a large chunk of them, and then ran around the room taking swings every once in a while. I would imagine it's easier with chaos storm or something similar, but I didn't have it at the time.

• Like 1

Flame Swathe and a fire sword makes the RRA pretty easy. I just swathed a large chunk of them, and then ran around the room taking swings every once in a while. I would imagine it's easier with chaos storm or something similar, but I didn't have it at the time.

FS was really OP before its nerf. I managed to kill Darklurker first time with it lol... 

FS was really OP before its nerf. I managed to kill Darklurker first time with it lol... 

Did they nerf it? I thought I noticed it doing less damange... but I just figured it was because I was on NG++.

Did they nerf it? I thought I noticed it doing less damange... but I just figured it was because I was on NG++.

Thanks a lot for the advice guys, but even post nerf RRA is too much for me :D

Love the name, scared of the boss! And since we can you know, not face him technically...let's just say I've moved on hahaha! I know, no platinum/completion without him, but for now...maybe NG+