Chromecast sales revealed to be in the

I guess I need to look into these and see what they are capable of... I think I just have too much crap as it is... I have a roku (waste of money imho), apple tv (getting less and less use), g-box mx2 (android box with xbmc) - this is my newest device and seems to be the most useful, I can stream just about anything from my pc.   does chromecast offer anything that I dont already have in my other devices?

I would say on average in my household we use the Chromecast at least once a day every day. For the days we may not use it at all, we then use it 3 times on another day. 99% of the time it is either to "check out this video and/or website I just found online." Just much more convenient to send it to the TV rather than huddle around a phone or laptop. As such the $35 was more than worth it imho.

I would say on average in my household we use the Chromecast at least once a day every day. For the days we may not use it at all, we then use it 3 times on another day. 99% of the time it is either to "check out this video and/or website I just found online." Just much more convenient to send it to the TV rather than huddle around a phone or laptop. As such the $35 was more than worth it imho.

ok, so very similar to appletv streaming from our iphones/ipads.  I suppose just easier for you since you have the galaxy?

ok, so very similar to appletv streaming from our iphones/ipads.  I suppose just easier for you since you have the galaxy?

Yep and the way Chromecast works with YouTube overall on the phone or laptop is a much better implementation.

Once YouTube detects a Chromecast device on your network, a new icon appears on YouTube videos to the left of the full screen icon. That icon is for choosing the device to stream to. Chrome itself also has a beta extension that lets you cast entire webpages, so just a one click step basically.

Yep and the way Chromecast works with YouTube overall on the phone or laptop is a much better implementation.

Once YouTube detects a Chromecast device on your network, a new icon appears on YouTube videos to the left of the full screen icon. That icon is for choosing the device to stream to. Chrome itself also has a beta extension that lets you cast entire webpages, so just a one click step basically.

You can cast a whole tab with Chrome and I don't think that feature is in beta.  What is in beta is casting your whole screen including the desktop.