broke my 928 screen

would you think that contacting verizon would be the best first step?

Do you have insurance on the phone? If so, isn't your deductible $50-$100? I would definitely go that route if that's the case.

Without insurance, local shops will probably charge you around $300, parts and labor. To replace the screen yourself, which you can follow any of the many videos online to do so, would be around $200 for just the part.

Source: I repair cell phones.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for all the help guys. I'll try to see what prices I'll get from Verizon, Nokia, and third party stores.

Let us know what repairs cost you. ;)

FWIW, my wife broke the screen on her 1020 two weeks ago and I was able to get it repaired at a local shop here in Alaska for $210, which included parts and labor. I was charged $179 for the new screen and $30 for labor. The shop didn't do the best job on it though, the screen kind of bumps out a little bit now. I even took it back and had them look at it again and they got it a little better, but it's definitely not as good as it was.

I did not take the insurance from AT&T, however I still took it to them first. The rep in store said they would have charged me a $200 deductible even if I had the insurance, so to me having it is a waste of money. Yes I would have received a new device, but paying $10 a month over 18-24 months seems like a waste of money to me when I can have it repaired for the same price as the deductible.

I have 2 928s with broken screens now, and I don't have the $200 I'd need to repair one of them.  It's a slick phone, but damn does it suck when it breaks.  I don't have a phone now for the foreseeable future.

did a quick look around the usual places and it looks like the cheapest i would be able to repair one if someone brought me one is about $150 Thankfully I have never broken a screen on my phone but i would be devastated if i did.