The Fictional Operating Systems from a TV show or Movie Thread

Surprised no one has meantioned Jarvis from Ironman.....one of many images out there...

Um, that's Stark's HoloProjector, Jarvis is built into his mainframe, and isn't actually seen :p

I dont know why but I've been always more interested in present time fictional OSes. Futuristic OSes... of course they will be different, but current day one, I dont know, they have certain kitsch-ish feel about them. They are so interesting.

Um, that's Stark's HoloProjector, Jarvis is built into his mainframe, and isn't actually seen :p

Well, yea...if you want to be technical....

there is always one in the crowd....:P

• Like 1

Terminators are cyborgs.  One would assume some form of wireless communication.  Why the need for any sort of physical interface.

I know I'm going to regret posting this, but that's Skynet's mainframe, so the physical interface would be relevant as the true full wireless TX model doesn't exist, (The 600 CSM101 was just leaving prototype stage and entering production at this point)

(ok now I need a life)

I know I'm going to regret posting this, but that's Skynet's mainframe, so the physical interface would be relevant as the true full wireless TX model doesn't exist, (The 600 CSM101 was just leaving prototype stage and entering production at this point)

The T-600 didn't have wireless?  My PDA had wireless back pre-2000...

But if you are right, your argument is valid - :)

• Like 1

It's too bad none of these operating systems will ever come to be. They don't have a start menu, so they're all broken. ;)

I agree fully.

Maybe the bandwidth by far overclasses any wireless technology we could ever come up with :P

If I remember correctly, everything up to the Never shown 800 series (according to the comics I used to have, yes I had Terminator Comics) was programmed as a centralised OS and then the processor was set to 'read only'

(they're all set to read only, but TX, and possibly the T1000 had wireless capabilities)

edit OMG I need to stop..

It's too bad none of these operating systems will ever come to be. They don't have a start menu, so they're all broken. ;)

*cough* Win 8 *cough*