Finally bought a Wii U

:rofl:

If I have the screen at full brightness about 3-4 hours. If I have it at the lowest brightness setting about 4-5 hours. At about the 3rd/4th hour the battery light comes on and I am too nervous about the gamepad dying mid-race so I plug it in.

Got it. I know all about getting nervous half-way and plugging it in :D

As for the battery life, that's not that great, but doable. Not much worse than the PS4 controller, i get like 5-6 hours. If your setup allows for easy connection in terms of distance from the charger/USB port, then it's OK. Maybe you should get the big one? Battery, i mean :rolleyes:

How long is it for you?   :rofl:

Maybe you should get the big one?  :rolleyes:

Stop with your damn double entendres!  :laugh:

• Like 1

Stop with your damn double entendres!  :laugh:

Sure, no more double entries. I mean entendres. Meanwhile answer the question - did you get the bigger battery for your vibrating input device? The gamepad, I mean :rolleyes: (that was the last one)

He doesn't even have one  :devil:

Heh heh good one. Yes, it's true. Us hollows don't remember where we put it :x

Hahaha i always wondered why they provided a cradle/stand and a cradle/charger. Not that it hurts, just seems redundant and wasteful.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't worry I'll be joining the Wii U club soon based upon costliness impulse decision ever - I managed to snag Xenoblade from Argos for ?14.99, want a Wii U to play it in "upscaled Wii mode", as opposed to just digging out my Wii and playing it on that. lol.

I really want to wait for the ?150 price mark though. Things aren't cheap just now, at least not as cheap as they've been in past months.

Check http://www.thegamecollection.net

They've had a few bundles of the Wii U + 3 games for ?180. I think they're sold out at the moment, but maybe check in case they come back.

I;ve been playing a lot of MK8 and the short battery life is starting to become much more apparent.

I just bought a wii u as well, however for MK8 I don't use the screen controls because its not sensitive enough for the turns. I use the wii classic controller and it lasts a while on battery.

• Like 1

I just bought a wii u as well, however for MK8 I don't use the screen controls because its not sensitive enough for the turns. I use the wii classic controller and it lasts a while on battery.

Congrats, lucky for you! So tempted!

Screen controls? You only have the horn there.

Screen controls? You only have the horn there.

I thought the screen simply mirrored what was on the T.V.

If I am playing on the T.V. I drop the brightness of the gamepad to its lowest setting to conserve battery. It helps.

I thought the screen simply mirrored what was on the T.V.

If I am playing on the T.V. I drop the brightness of the gamepad to its lowest setting to conserve battery. It helps.

Why are you Juddy all of a sudden? :blush:

Why are you Juddy all of a sudden? :blush:

Lifelong nickname. My name is Justin, but that is taken.

I picked up the accessory set so I can play all of the Wii games I never got to:

GOT9uFO.jpg

• Like 2

I picked up the accessory set so I can play all of the Wii games I never got to:

GOT9uFO.jpg

Just wondering, why would anyone need an additional sensor bar?

• 1 month later...

I didn't know that pack existed, but I too recently got a Wii U, and just got one of these since I didn't have a Wiimote plus yet. :S 

I'm slowly picking up Wii games as well I didn't get to play yet.  For example, I still never tried Call of Duty games yet but I'm eyeing the Black Ops 2 for Wii U since it's going for $24 now. 

wii_ctl_luigi_le.jpg