Xbox One Update: April 2014

I sure wish Sony approached the OS like MS do, with beta testing. To be fair it is MS' gold star, with Windows :p Some prefer to get things once it's as stable as, I like to live on the edge. If there's a beta, I'll get it. The only downside is I can see it sometimes fragments XBL.

Out of the known issues, I've experienced 2 of them.  The Blu-Ray drive not waking up and the Xbox not responding to "yes" or "no" when using "xbox turn off".  What's sad is this is the second time that bug has popped up.  It happened during the last preview update where it wouldn't respond to "yes" or "no" for "xbox turn off".  I forgot there was supposed to be an update to the game dvr recording quality.  I've recorded a couple of clips, so I need to check them out to see how they look.  As of right now, especially with Titanfall, the recording quality is absolute garbage.  Here's a clip I recorded two weeks ago before the preview updates.  Looks like one of those crappy cellphone video recordings:

http://1drv.ms/1nBLflk

I sure wish Sony approached the OS like MS do, with beta testing. To be fair it is MS' gold star, with Windows :p Some prefer to get things once it's as stable as, I like to live on the edge. If there's a beta, I'll get it. The only downside is I can see it sometimes fragments XBL.

Windows is garbage. I can't stand their updates. Too often and too frequent. They should have made the OS properly in the first place.

A new build of the April update preview has rolled out. Here's what fixed compared to the 1st April update preview build:

Thanks, added to OP.

Stuck at 80% ...   for awhile now..  Not sure what to do. I hate to do hard reset during update...  I don't want to get it damaged.

Update:  It works now... I had to reboot and update it again.. It went though. 

Whew.

• 2 weeks later...

Windows is garbage. I can't stand their updates. Too often and too frequent. They should have made the OS properly in the first place.

Yeah let them just break out their crystal ball ...  :rolleyes:

Yeah let them just break out their crystal ball ...  :rolleyes:

I agree to an extent, as welcome as the frequent updates are,you have to admit the some of the features being added should have been there from the start. I guess that time must have played a factor in their OS

Sounds like a new update is being pushed out to previewers today which also brings new features with it.

Javascript is not enabled or refresh the page to view.

Click here to view the Tweet

Yup got pushed to my X1 yesterday. There's also a controller updated in that.

I really dig how Microsoft is doing these update previews.

I wish I was part of the preview program, I hate waiting for official releases :laugh:

It sounds like another nice collection of fixes and new features.  Being able to redeem a license that you get via a message to your X1 is a small but very welcomed addition. 

More Details on the Upcoming Xbox One System Update

We?re still working on our next Xbox One system update and have been receiving some really great feedback from members with early access. Tonight, I wanted to let you know we?re pushing a few more features to the members previewing new system updates that you may be hearing about.  Here are a few details on those features.

• Blu-ray player supports 50 Hz video output for content recorded at 50 Hz. We?ll also be updating the Blu-ray Player app in the coming days to round out these improvements.
  • Controller and headset adaptor firmware updates will reduce audio static and improve wireless connectivity.
  • Silent reboot after system updates and system update on demand now available. After this update, if your console is in Instant On mode, the update will happen automatically and return to standby upon completion. This means you won?t need to power on your console after an update moving forward. If you want to take future updates when available without waiting for your console to do it on its own, we?ve added this option under system settings. It will only show as available when there is an update to take.

13708196244_03fb6e41b4.jpg

We?re committed to delivering innovation through system updates, and on behalf of the Xbox team, I can?t say enough how integral fan feedback is to this process. Some features previewed won?t always make it to launch right away because we want to help ensure the best experience for our fans before pushing a new feature.

Also, these features may roll out over several days to this audience.

The engagement from our Xbox One community continues to be incredible, in large part thanks to the input and feedback from our fans. Select members far and wide that have been previewing system update features have been as generous with their time and input as we had hoped they would be. This feedback continues to help us make the future of Xbox One yours as much as ours.

So thank you to those who shared their thoughts with us and, hopefully, are having a little fun in the process.

We look forward to sharing news when our next Xbox One system update rolls out to the larger community.

http://majornelson.com/2014/04/07/more-details-on-the-upcoming-xbox-one-system-update/

Don't think this will be part of April's update but posting it here anyway:

Xbox One Will Be Getting External Storage Options Soon, Says Major Nelson

Written Thursday, April 03, 2014 By Richard Walker

Major Nelson has been chatting with the Reddit community recently, revealing a few interesting nuggets about what's coming next for Xbox One. Chief among these is external storage, as the console's 500GB HDD fills up surprisingly fast. I have about 79GB left at time of writing, if you're interested.

"Lots of good work going on to make the console even better - some you'll see soon, some will show up later. But: it is all good stuff :)," Larry 'Major Nelson' Hyrb revealed on Reddit, adding: "External game storage is coming soon....I need to check on media support."

The Major also assured people that Kinect is not spying on them, once again. "There are a TON of issues w/ this..#1 being privacy. Some people (incorrectly) think Kinect is always watching them." OK then.

Still, external storage for Xbox One, eh? That'll be handy.

http://www.xboxachievements.com/news/news-17770-Xbox-One-Will-Be-Getting-External-Storage-Options-Soon--Says-Major-Nelson.html

Added the above to OP

Probably not in April but I think May is a good bet.     This 1404 April update is looking like a nice sized one though, makes me wonder what else is on the way after.

Finally bothered to update and re-download the registration app.

If anyone wants an invite to the preview reply to this post with your GT or send it via PM if you don't want to share publicly. I'll send friend requests and put your names forward. Not sure if it's still a 1 time chance like the first wave on the forums so I'll collect as many as possible before doing so.

One post wonders need not apply ;)

Don't fall behind those updates Andy, this is not the time to be lazy :laugh:

Yes mom :p

If anyone wants an invite to the preview reply to this post with your GT or send it via PM if you don't want to share publicly. I'll send friend requests and put your names forward. Not sure if it's still a 1 time chance like the first wave on the forums so I'll collect as many as possible before doing so.

Last call on this, will be recommending people tonight so send/leave your GTs

If you could send me an invite, I would be extremely happy! GT is mattsmith33

Thanks! :)

A new build was released yesterday!

A new 1404 system update starting to deploy today!

We have started to deploy the latest 1404 update (xb_rel_1404.140411-1830). This update will be rolled out in two waves. The first group will be able to install the update starting at 4:30PM PDT on 4/12. Consoles in this first group that have not received the update in standby mode by 2:00PM PDT on 4/13 will be prompted to install the update when they connect to Xbox Live. We?re at a stage in previewing this update where new updates will primarily contain fixes and improvements. The following changes are contained within this build:

Fixes

• Ongoing fixes and adjustments to the user interface.
  • A new fix for consoles previewing the update to address an issue where the Blu-ray drive may fail to wake up after coming out of standby. This issue can result in the ?Do you own this game or app? (0x87de07d1)? error when a disc is already in the drive.
  • A fix for an issue affecting consoles previewing the update where booting from energy saving mode can take longer than normal.
  • A fix for an issue affecting consoles previewing the update where waking the console from standby with the "Xbox, on" voice command can take longer than normal to process.

Last call on this, will be recommending people tonight so send/leave your GTs

Gamertag --  BoDEAN96      Thanks in advance!

Ill take one. Thanks!!!!!

Gamertag is infinitegooch

I've submitted everyone that posted/PM'd so far.

Looks like I can do it as many times as I want, so if more want in I'll do another mass-invite.

Hey, I would also like to get in on the action.

Gamertag: zybare

Thanks!

I've submitted everyone that posted/PM'd so far.

Looks like I can do it as many times as I want, so if more want in I'll do another mass-invite.

Thank you for taking time to do this. Can you share with us what the process is?  Do you fill out a form?  Or is it a post on the beta forms?  I assume there is no guarantee if you submit our names that we will get an invite, can you provide any other info on the process?