Star Wars: Episode VII

• 1 month later...

25-year-old Jesse Plemons is reportedly in contention for a lead role in J.J. Abrams' "Star Wars: Episode VII" at Lucasfilm & Disney.

Plemons has already taped an audition that was well-received, so much so he's coming to Los Angeles next week for a second audition and a scheduled meeting with Abrams. Several sources indicate he's a serious contender for this key part.

Plemons got his start playing Paul Walker's younger brother in "Varsity Blues" and starred in the role of Landy Clarke in the TV series version of "Friday Night Lights". He also had roles in "Battleship" and "The Master".

However, Plemons is best known for his role as Todd, the meth cook hired to work with Walter White in AMC's "Breaking Bad". Plemons starred throughout both parts of the show's fifth season.

x

You know what's sad - I almost wish JJ Abrams would go back and remake Episodes 1-3.  They were such a disaster, and a travesty to be put in the Star Wars franchise with the original Episodes of 4-6.  But I know that's not going to happen.  As long as JJ can bring back the original magic that existed in the original Star Wars Episodes, it will help remove the bitter taste left by the Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones, and Revenge of the Sith.

oh common, Jar Jar Binks was a classic.... :rofl:

You know what's sad - I almost wish JJ Abrams would go back and remake Episodes 1-3.  They were such a disaster, and a travesty to be put in the Star Wars franchise with the original Episodes of 4-6.  But I know that's not going to happen.  As long as JJ can bring back the original magic that existed in the original Star Wars Episodes, it will help remove the bitter taste left by the Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones, and Revenge of the Sith.

I hope they stick to the orchestra music, not bid off music rights to what ever artist wants to peddle their junk like all movies seem to do now days....

Well it HAS to be John Williams.

Well it HAS to be John Williams.

It's been confirmed a few weeks ago that he'll be making the OST for the upcoming films.

I'm still looking forward to see what comes out of all of it.  Lucas seems to be staying out of it and not playing a critical role, so I'd say it has a chance.

Disney continues to be an absolute juggernaut.

comLesw.png

• 1 month later...

'Star Wars: Episode VII' will take place 30 years after 'Return of the Jedi'

A new Star Wars film is getting closer by the day, and Lucasfilm and Disney have just announced some new information on the status of the production. Episode VII ? co-written and directed by J.J. Abrams ? is set to begin shooting this May at Pinewood Studios in London. For the first time, however, the team is giving an indication of what fans can expect to see when the film hits theaters in 2015. According to today's release, it will take place 30 years after Return of the Jedi, which capped off the original Star Wars trilogy, and "will star a trio of new young leads along with some very familiar faces."

The latter reference is no doubt a nod to what has been rumored for months: that Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, and Mark Hamill could return to the franchise to reprise their roles as Han Solo, Leia Organa, and Luke Skywalker. Jedi came out in 1983, just over 30 years ago, which would bring the ages of the older actors and their characters right into alignment. As for that new trio of leads, casting rumors have been running rampant, with Adam Driver (Girls) recently named as a likely candidate to play the villain. None of the casting information has been confirmed just yet, but with May the 4th ? unofficially known as "Star Wars day" ? and San Diego Comic-Con coming up, we wouldn't be surprised to see some very big announcements made before the end of summer.

Source: The Verge

So, since I don't read any of the SW books etc, who are the new main characters going to be/suppose to be for 7?

OUBQOiv.jpg

ugh. lets not do that, don't put numbers in the logo it's stupid, and it's not needed and it doesn't fit with how it's been done for the last 6 damn movies. 

So, since I don't read any of the SW books etc, who are the new main characters going to be/suppose to be for 7?

None from the books.

Disney decided to more or less throw out EU(yay) and separate that as a separate thing from the movies. 

So nothing that happened in EU happened here. That's not saying the movies won't reproduce some of the EU stories in a bigger or lesser regard, but the overall universe and chain of events are wiped. 

ugh. lets not do that, don't put numbers in the logo it's stupid, and it's not needed and it doesn't fit with how it's been done for the last 6 damn movies. 

None from the books.

Disney decided to more or less throw out EU(yay) and separate that as a separate thing from the movies. 

So nothing that happened in EU happened here. That's not saying the movies won't reproduce some of the EU stories in a bigger or lesser regard, but the overall universe and chain of events are wiped. 

That makes sense, just wondering what the fans think/expect at this point.  I haven't been keeping up much.

What is S7AR WARS? S-SEVEN-AR WARS?

What a terrible idea. I like the rest of what I hear, but this logo, that's not good.

hopefully this is just some tease crap and not something they'll keep for the final movie. It's logo need to tie in with the 6 previous one, not to mention the next two(and probably more to follow), and you're going to have to be damn creative to work in an 8 or 9 in that logo like that, so it'd just be stupid. 

Not to mention the fact they're working on several tv series as well.