Star Wars: Episode VII

We still don't know any details about new characters?  It's good to see the originals are back but what about all the new faces coming?

Rumours of who the cast are playing!

Daisy Ridley will be playing a member of the Solo Family.

Max Von Sydow will be providing his voice only to a character that will run right through the new Trilogy.

Luke Skywalker will be the 'Obi Wan' type character of the new trilogy.

Han Solo is the High Commander of the New Republic

Leia is now the 'Queen Regent of the Republic'

The Big bad is not a Sith Lord

Rumours of who the cast are playing!

Daisy Ridley will be playing a member of the Solo Family.

Max Von Sydow will be providing his voice only to a character that will run right through the new Trilogy.

Luke Skywalker will be the 'Obi Wan' type character of the new trilogy.

Han Solo is the High Commander of the New Republic

Leia is now the 'Queen Regent of the Republic'

The Big bad is not a Sith Lord

I'm cool with that being the case as long as

Luke doesn't lose his head like Obi Wan and is only part of movie 7 with small cameos in 8 and 9 etc

I'm cool with that being the case as long as

Luke doesn't lose his head like Obi Wan and is only part of movie 7 with small cameos in 8 and 9 etc

why ?

why ?

I'd rather not reuse the same plot elements.

He wasn't mentioned on the first cast list :(

Surprise Cameo in the end as a setup for movie 8!  You read it here first.

I don't know, sounds kind of meh at this point. 

If Solo's daughter, Jaina, is in this movie, that means that Jacen is too (They are twins). And since the news are saying that Han Solo has a 'gigantic' role... then that means...

This new trilogy will be about Darth Caedus people! The best character in al the SW fictions.

Edit: Another hint that could support my theory is that they already said that the Sith are not the bad guys in this new movie. Jacen Solo, as a Jedi, fought against the Yuuzhan Vong, an outer galaxy race that nearly destroyed the new republic.

Thats how he became a war hero, a Jedi leader and latter he was known as the greatest Jedi traitor, even greater than Vader.

If Solo's daughter, Jaina, is in this movie, that means that Jacen is too (They are twins). And since the news are saying that Han Solo has a 'gigantic' role... then that means...

None of them exists in the movie universe. Solo could be divorced form Leia and married to a twi'lek rogue with a kid named Ti'ki for all we know in this movie. 

And lets hope, if they read any of the EU for inspiration, that any of the books with yuuzhan Vong is ignored along with the ridiculous dark empire crap. 

but according to their own statements you shouldn't expect anything from the EU. 

but according to their own statements you shouldn't expect anything from the EU. 

I hope for the contrary. I actually find Jacen Solo's story fascinating... and I used to hate the SW universe.

I'd hate for this new trilogy to mirror events from the past 2, let's keep it original please.

And lets hope, if they read any of the EU for inspiration, that any of the books with yuuzhan Vong is ignored along with the ridiculous dark empire crap. 

God I hated those things soooo much. I stopped reading the EU books because of those.

Only thing I want from the EU, is Thrawn!

I hope for the contrary. I actually find Jacen Solo's story fascinating... and I used to hate the SW universe.

The entire EU is officially non-canon. Expect nothing.

They have officially said EU has been thrown out of the official Canon timeline. 

They might use some parts of EU books/stores/universe for inspiration, but that's about it, and even that they have not even hinted at. 

Which is good because after Yuuzhan Vong and Dark empire there was nothing Star Wars about it. it was a ridiculous who could build the biggest stupid superweapon contest and in the comics, none of the machines even resemble Star Wars. and everything was super this and super that and organic super weapon robots crap...

not even touching the absolutely idiotic steam powered spaceships in the nebula...ungh...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...