Star Wars: Episode VII

Are they finally done with cgi?

That would be good news.

Not done with CG as a whole, but they are learning from the catastrophe of the prequels where the entire thing was one gigantic green screen.

Here is an example of how something can look more real without CG

Not done with CG as a whole, but they are learning from the catastrophe of the prequels where the entire thing was one gigantic green screen.

Of course you can't avoid cgi. But a good mix of cgi and models works far better than just cgi on a green screen all over the place.

• Like 2

Of course you can't avoid cgi. But a good mix of cgi and models works far better than just cgi on a green screen all over the place.

Ya, I mean look at the star ship enterprise from the next generation.

The latest Indiana Jones should also be showing them not to go with but only 10% green screen.... if GL could do what he did with the originals than by God they could do the same thing but better in this one.

Twin engines better than Quad? Hmmm. It also doesn't seem to have S-Foils either. I don't think it's an X-Wing anymore. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to guess here but the budget for this movie has to be massive, maybe the biggest yet?  They're building lots of stuff and not doing much green screen from the sounds of it.  $200million is a sure bet but I think it's going to be higher for sure.

It will be all the better for minimal green screen. The over use of it this past decade or so has NOT exactly been the best thing for cinema...

CGI should be used to ENHANCE effects, not be the sole cause of said effects.

• Like 3

I'm going to guess here but the budget for this movie has to be massive, maybe the biggest yet? They're building lots of stuff and not doing much green screen from the sounds of it. $200million is a sure bet but I think it's going to be higher for sure.

Walt Disney Studios Chairman said between $175-200 million: http://collider.com/star-wars-episode-7-budget/

N2HMvTf.png

The site, Indie Revolver, has been very busy with Star Wars VII spoilers. They've supplied the internet with images of the new Stormtroopers as well concept art of Han Solo's new wardrobe. And now, they've posted concept art featuring our first look at the main villain. Oh yeah, and he's holding Darth Vader's helmet. What?! Yup.

They also have a description of the Sith Inquisitor. Besides having a robotic hand as previously mentioned by Badass Digest, they state:

"He?s tall and thin and terrifyingly creepy, with glowing red eyes to match his red lightsaber. He?s got some robotic upgrades, like Vader ? but no mask. The cybernetic bits weave in and out of him. He?s got a human upper lip, a steel jaw." - Indie Revolver

Is the Sith Inquisitor going to be the main antaigonist or something? because he was in the Old Republic video game and the prequel series was about the old republic and they wouldn't want him only if they weren't going to have Episode VII be about the Sith Inquisitor trying to prevent the Jedi from reforming the Jedi Alliance.

"My source told me that The Emperor "100%" will appear in Star Wars Episode VII and VIII. Don't look for confirmations from this from Ian Mcdiarmid, because he's not portraying the Emperor this time. Will this big bad resemble the craggy old man of Return of the Jedi?

Source

"My source told me that The Emperor "100%" will appear in Star Wars Episode VII and VIII. Don't look for confirmations from this from Ian Mcdiarmid, because he's not portraying the Emperor this time. Will this big bad resemble the craggy old man of Return of the Jedi?

Source

It's possible that he could come back like how Obiwan could speak to Luke in the Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi.

It's possible that he could come back like how Obiwan could speak to Luke in the Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi.

I hope that's the case and nothing more, I'm all for something new, it's been forever.