Selling loads of consoles does not necessarily equal financial succes. It's not like Sony (or MS) is making tons of money on each console sold.

No, but it will saturate the market with one console over the other, which will have a bigger impact overall. If a game comes out cross platform and more people have PS4s, then they'll likely get the better end of the deal.

As for Sony's financial situation, I've got to tell you guys as someone who works in retail, their PCs are awful. The quality just isn't there, and are probably the only computers I would advise someone against getting, just because of how often they come back to us. They're shoddy and overpriced, and I feel bad for anyone who is so adamant about the Sony name to buy one again. I just feel like they'll come back disappointed.

So I'm glad they sold off the PC division. I hope they can make enough cuts to the crap they don't do well in so that they can start turning the company around. Sony had a lot of excess fat, so to speak.

No, but it will saturate the market with one console over the other, which will have a bigger impact overall. If a game comes out cross platform and more people have PS4s, then they'll likely get the better end of the deal.

As for Sony's financial situation, I've got to tell you guys as someone who works in retail, their PCs are awful. The quality just isn't there, and are probably the only computers I would advise someone against getting, just because of how often they come back to us. They're shoddy and overpriced, and I feel bad for anyone who is so adamant about the Sony name to buy one again. I just feel like they'll come back disappointed.

So I'm glad they sold off the PC division. I hope they can make enough cuts to the crap they don't do well in so that they can start turning the company around. Sony had a lot of excess fat, so to speak.

It's like they are trying to be Apple in the laptop realm with the prices  :rofl:

except Apple do make genuinely well constructed hardware

Technically it's still a correct title, it just relies on people actually reading/doing some research before commenting about KZ2/KZ3 or Shadow Fall...

Technically I didn't say it was incorrect, just misleading. ;)

People actually read/do some research before commenting?

I am sure sony will come out of this fine as far as its entertainment and mobile departments go.   Though I think they need to decide pretty fast if they can stop the bleeding or hurry up and amputate before it gets infected and spreads. 

Ex-director of Driveclub has posted why he left the studio:

Hello, all.

This is my first post on NeoGAF, and whilst I'm not generally one to deal in internet speculation, I have to put the record straight with regard to Pete Dodd's comments above.

Everything he has said with regard to myself and Driveclub is incorrect. It's also libellous.

As Putty (who is a personal friend of mine, and has been for about 25 years) suggests, I left Evo in February for personal reasons. The personal reasons being that my son, who is 4 years old, has been diagnosed with Nephrotic Syndrome, which is a potentially life threatening condition. I live 220 miles (4 hours drive) away from Evolution Studios, and was away from home 5.5 days a week. Given the circumstances, I could not continue to work there.

Driveclub is a great game, and the direction hasn't changed since my departure. This has been confirmed by SONY in various press releases over recent days.

I have no problem in dealing with very large projects, as I've been working in the games industry for the last 19 years, and have worked on some very prestigious titles, so there is genuinely no truth to anything posted by Mr Dodds at all. My departure (and indeed the setup of my 'indie' operation, BigRedSwitch) is 100% driven by family necessity, not some professional failing on my part.

I left SONY on very good terms. There is no animosity there, and I was absolutely nothing to do with the recent redundancies - in fact, the news of those redundancies was probably linked on here before I knew about them.

The games industry is a tough place at the moment. My circumstances with my son mean that I've had to leave secure work in order to try to make my own way in the world. This may entail getting another job. With people who obviously know nothing about the situation blackening my reputation for the sake of internet 'fame', this could be made much more difficult. It's nothing less than trolling.

I've contacted Mr. Dodd on his email address on his site. Due to the factual inaccuracy of his statements, I've informed him that he needs to remove the statements and apologise for the damage they have caused, as posting incorrect information and claiming it's true is quite simply libel.

I'm sure you can all appreciate just how difficult things are for myself and my family at the moment. I'd genuinely appreciate it if you can take my statements as word from the origin, and realise that there has been no big cover-up when it comes to my departure from SONY/Evo.

Thanks, all.

Col.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=106121033&postcount=1393