Looking for image swap/lightbox script

Go to solution Solved by the better twin,

Question

flynempire

Hi I am looking for a way to have images on a webpage whereby one principal image is show large size and then underneath you have small thumbnails of other views of the image.

I would like that when you hover over the thubnails the principal one gets swapped out for a new one. It would also be nice that if you clicked the large one it would pop up larger in a lightbox window.

Is this possible?

Thanks

2 answers to this question

the better twin

Yeah its easy enough with the multitude of jQuery plugins available. 

The "with fancybox" example is almost there with this one and I believe one of the options of the plugin is to change it from a click event to a mouseover (thumbChangeEvent).

flynempire

Damn it! You are awesome :)

Thanks

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Steven P.
      This Windows 10 Setup Script lets you fine-tune around 150 functions for new installs
      by Steven Parker

We all know that Windows 10 installs a bunch of stuff you don't need or want, including apps like OneDrive or Skype that are not easy to remove. There's also a bunch of programs you can find online that claim to remove some or all of the native apps and telemetry that Windows collects and sends back to Microsoft, all with varying results, some even cripple other parts of the OS in order to achieve it, which isn't nice.

Neowin was contacted by Dmitry who is maintaining a PowerShell script called the Windows 10 Setup Script on GitHub that should ideally be run on new installations; it can fine-tune Windows 10 to your liking right off the bat. In fact, due to the complexity of the script, you must also only run the version that supports your Windows version. Right now the ones that are supported are versions 1809 (LTSC Enterprise 2019), 1903, 1909, 2004, as well as a separate test script for 21H1.

The developer touts 150 different functions of the script, such as setting a task to clear TEMP folders, uninstalling OneDrive the "correct way" and the ability to change the location of user folders programmatically, and the obvious privacy related tweaks, some of which can be viewed below (the full list is here):

For example, the script for version 2004 is 3488 lines, and the developer recommends that users configure the whole script to their own preference.

Advanced users will likely have no issues modifying the script, but for others who aren't familiar with PowerShell, the script contains comments and documentation to help you on your way.

In order to run it on the system, it requires that you set the execution policy to Bypass, as Windows 10 will refuse to run the script otherwise.

To run it:

Open an elevated PowerShell prompt with Windows+X and selecting the option (if you changed this to Command Prompt, search for PowerShell in the Start menu and open as Administrator instead. Run the command: Set-ExecutionPolicy -ExecutionPolicy Bypass -Scope Process -Force Run the PowerShell script or Start.cmd as administrator afterwards Depending on how you edited the script, the program will show you a form-based set of options for removing programs or other options.

All in all, you should only try this on new installs, and if you decide to do it on your system without reinstalling, run a backup first so you can roll back. It goes without saying that this requires a bit of patience and is probably not for the average user, but more the power user.

In any case, if you are able to set up the script to how you like, you should be able to easily tweak newer versions of it for later versions of Windows. Dmitry is also offering some user support and listening to feedback by maintaining a few topics on various communities such as Reddit, and the feedback from users appears to be positive with over 32k downloads so far. You can find those links at the bottom of the Windows 10 Setup Script GitHub page.

Let us know in the comments if you give it a whirl yourself and what you think of it.

• By kukubau
      Hi all

I have a project assignment tomorrow at noon, call it homework. I have to write an algorithm, write the pseudocode and draw a flowchart.

Given an array of strings, output the total number [n] of characters in the list. Basically to count all the letters that occur in my string list. All the model algorithms similar I've found are counting the occurrences of a certain letter in the string. I don't need that, I just want the number of strings to be printed, but I don't have any restrictions how many times they should occur or not.

Example: a = ["Tom", "has", "books"] => n = 11; for a = [] (empty array, with no elements), n = 0.

I am a total beginner so bare with me.

I have found a javascript "pseudo"code that does what I need, but I have to translate this in a layman's pseudocode and draw a diagram.
      String input = ["Tom", "has", "books"]; int count = 0; for (int i=0; i<input.length(); i++) {     if (input.charAt(i) != ' ') {         ++count;     } } System.out.println(count); Muchos gracias.

kukubau

• By Gerowen
      So our home server runs Debian Linux.  I recently set up a cron job that runs a script I wrote to perform regular backups of our "Storage" drive to our "Backup" drive.  The backups are running properly because new files are included in the "Backup" drive after the job runs, but after the first run, the log file I set up does not get updated.  There's no output from rsync detailing the files that have been updated (even though I can see that the new files were indeed duplicated to the backup drive), not even the "date" line I have set to be written to the log before rsync runs.

The very first entry was written just fine, but none after that, even when I manually run the backup script instead of just letting cron run it as root.  I can still manually edit the log file if I want to.

Would you guys care to take a look at this script and give me some hints as to why new entries are no longer being added to the log file?

#!/bin/bash #Backup script   #A break to make it easy to tell backups apart from one another in the log echo "~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~" >> /home/marcus/backuplog.txt   #Set the date as a variable and writes it to the log file BACKUPDATE=`date +%Y%m%d%H%M%S` echo $BACKUPDATE >> /home/marcus/backuplog.txt echo "" >> /home/marcus/backuplog.txt   #Backs up Minecraft server cp -R /home/marcus/Downloads/minecraft_server /mnt/storage/Backups/minecraft_server_backup_$BACKUPDATE >> /home/marcus/backuplog.txt   #Backs up entire storage drive rsync -av /mnt/storage/ /mnt/backup >> /home/marcus/backuplog.txt echo "" >> /home/marcus/backuplog.txt   #Resets permissions on backup script and backup drives chown marcus:marcus /home/marcus/backup.sh chmod 770 /home/marcus/backup.sh chown -R marcus:marcus /mnt/backup chmod -R 770 /mnt/backup chown -R marcus:adams /mnt/storage chmod -R 775 /mnt/storage exit
    • By rr_dRock
      Good morning, evening, afternoon, or night to all.
      I'm having some issues with a shell script. Each line works individually in terminal, but when run from a .sh they fail.
      Hopefully someone can tell me what I borked. (Staples is the USB key I'm using, sleep is in there for troubleshooting)
      I am absolutely terrible at scripting, but I have to do this across approximately 100 macs across the enterprise so ARD is my only choice, and I dont feel like doing it one by one. I have looked far and wide, and can find nothing about HDIUTIL giving errors when run in terminal (specifically no such file or directory)
      If I mount the dmg myself through terminal, the script then gives a "Unexpected E0F while looking for matching '"')

hdiutil mount /Volumes/staples/mac/Image/fcc12110.dmg sleep 5 sudo installer -package /Volumes/FirstClassClient12110.pkg/FirstClassClient12110.pkg -target "/Volumes/Macintosh HD" sleep 10 cd ~ hdiutil unmount "/Volumes/FirstClassClient12110.pkg/" sleep 10 networksetup -setairportnetwork en1 SFS_WIFI BLANKBLANKBLANK networksetup -setairportpower en1 off lpadmin -p HP_LaserJet_3015 -D "RM162 - BW" -L "AD Art" -E -v socket://ourlovelyprintserver/RM162-BW -P "/Library/Printers/PPDs/Contents/Resources/HP Laserjet 3015.gz"  

Thank you!
    • By Geoffrey B.
      I am looking for a command that when executed will silently (no prompts) uninstall the Lync client on an end user's PC. 

Also as an added issue we have 3 versions floating out there.
      Lync 2010 (x86) Lync 2013 (x86)  Lync 2013 (x64) At first my plan was to use WMIC, however, some machines state that it is not installed when infact it is. so i need an alternative.

/node: PCNAME product where name="Microsoft Lync MUI (English) 2013" call uninstall /nointeractive /node: PCNAME product where name="Microsoft Lync 2010" call uninstall /nointeractive