So I've been following this for a couple of months since they showed off some alpha footage. It actually looked pretty fun and now that they have had so much good feedback from those videos they have decided to polish it up and actually release it. The release date is... April 1st so I was expecting the pre-order page to be a joke but it's legit! They've also released a trailer in the style of a Dead Island parody, it's pretty spectacular!

Anyone else been following the game or interested in getting it?

http://goat-simulator.com/

I'm going to start Age of Wonders III on 31 march, so I don't have time for Goat Simulator... it's tempting to try it out though... I might buy it next month.

This game is ground breaking. This right here, is why you need a dedicated PhysX card.

• Like 2

This has to be a joke.

Nope, it's real :p It's sitting in my Steam library waiting to go live at some point today!

Just hoping it goes live soon, I'm off to work in a bit and I'm dying to have a go before! Also the goat puns are amazing!

Also, for anyone interested. 

About the Game

Goat Simulator is the latest in goat simulation technology, bringing next-gen goat simulation to YOU. You no longer have to fantasize about being a goat, your dreams have finally come true! WASD to write history.

Gameplay-wise, Goat Simulator is all about causing as much destruction as you possibly can as a goat. It has been compared to an old-school skating game, except instead of being a skater, you're a goat, and instead of doing tricks, you wreck stuff. Destroy things with style, such as doing a backflip while headbutting a bucket through a window, and you'll earn even more points! Or you could just give Steam Workshop a spin and create your own goats, levels, missions, and more! When it comes to goats, not even the sky is the limit, as you can probably just bug through it and crash the game.

Disclaimer: Goat Simulator is a completely stupid game and, to be honest, you should probably spend your money on something else, such as a hula hoop, a pile of bricks, or maybe pool your money together with your friends and buy a real goat.

Key Features

You can be a goat

Get points for wrecking stuff - brag to your friends that you're the alpha goat

Steam Workshop support - make your own goats, levels, missions, game modes, and more!

MILLIONS OF BUGS! We're only eliminating the crash-bugs, everything else is hilarious and we're keeping it

In-game physics that spazz out all the time

Seriously look at that goat's neck

You can be a goat

And earlier one of the devs made a goat pinball map in the level editor so it looks pretty powerful!

ULxaykh.jpg

Oh also... IT'S LIVE!

About freaking time to be honest. I've been wondering if somebody would ever design a proper goat simulator, extra props for not making it some stupid Farmville wanna-be too but enabling it with modern technologies to bring the real goat experience to life. And to top it off they're focusing primarily on a single player game and not shoehorning it into some inane "social game". I am so pre-ordering this.. you guys can keep your consoles, this is why I love the PC. Blah blah 1080 60FPS.. no goats? No thanks.

I'll pick it in the next Steam sale. It could be fun for a little while.

I also found it funny that the developer said they are only going to be fixing crash related bugs. All other bugs will be considered "features" because they may have hilarious results. Like the goat models with meter long necks.  :rofl: (llamas? lol)

"Press the any key?" lol

The whole game is just a joke :p Basically they left in every bug/error that didn't crash the game... it's amazing! I've never laughed so much in such a short period of time in my life. I had to stop playing for a bit because my throat's killing me from laughing and I need to work soon :(

Did find a house with the devs in it though and upstairs is a TV with a playable version of Flappy Goat on it :p

8MIGoXE.png

BTW, this isnt the only goat simulator out there....

In 2013, there was one where you could pet a goat.

I guess there is a market for this....