How much power can an extension cords handle?

lol no...

hmm.  i was certain it was you. i mean, i did post a picture of my own grow-op

so i expect everyone to only post pictures of themselves and their belonging here.

hmm.... maybe i should just dial down my sarcasm gauge

I'm gonna call an electrician.

I'm surprised I haven't heard a suggestion to run 10 extension cords all from different sockets haha...

Is this your grow op?

Are you answering your own question or are you being serious?

Yeah all sarcasm aside, the average house doesn't have the service for this.  Most are wired for either 60 or 100 amp service.  So forget multiple extension cords, its still too much power.  Best case you'll trip a breaker pretty quick.  Worst case (particularly if you try to avoid tripping a breaker by distributing the load over multiple circuits) major house fire.

You could probably hire a diesel generator with enough output to run them cheaper than a commercial electrical install, depending on the amount of time you're looking to have them running.

You might also consider that you will have power requirements for other equipment depending on what your doing in this warehouse so a separate supply and breaker board is a necessary requirement.Also not the voltage drop on any great length of cable will damage the equipment running on it too.

Did the warehouse ever have power?  If so get the local utility to re-establish service.  If not, see about getting service to the site.  Either way contact a qualified, licensed electrical contractor and they should be able to answer your questions.

• Like 2

Guys, i think the OP is trolling hard because he even said and i'm quoting:

Haha wow, all these posts are hilarious!

what he's asking is dangerous and doesn't make sense, even if he wants to save money or to conceal whatever he's planning.

• Like 1

Guys, i think the OP is trolling hard because he even said and i'm quoting:

what he's asking is dangerous and doesn't make sense, even if he wants to save money or to conceal whatever he's planning.

I don't care if he's trolling or not... All I did was to make sure he isn't doing that otherwise he will burn the place down...

If he did, he can NOT blame us for giving him the wrong info..

You can NOT know what age he is in... he could be a teen who does not know anything about electricity/wires ... something like that. His dad will be mad at him for burning the place down.

Hi all, I'm trying to run an extension cord to a warehouse on my property that has no power, if I wanted to power it from the house, what gauge cord would I need to run 15 1000 watt lights plus a few other things?

AAHHH! They DO exist!

LOL