How do you eat pizza - with your hands or fork and knife?

220 members have voted

1. 1. How do you eat pizza?

• With your hands.
    • With fork and knife.
    • I don't like pizza.

Usually with my hands, unless there's too many toppings and the crust can't support the weight of all the toppings, then I eat it with a knife and fork until I can safely pick it up with my hands without everything falling off.

It depends on the consistency really. I'd rather not have a messy pizza flopping downwards, so I'll generally cut a corner off with a knife and fork, eat that and then eat the rest with my hands.

I use my hands for most of the food, so definitely hands for pizza as well.

I enjoy my food more if I am using hands, I feel so comfortable with that.  :)

Unless, I am in some awkward situation of following "manners" and have to use fork and knife.

Don't worry I do wash my hands squeaky clean.  :D

My preference is to eat pizza klingon style, with my hands, but that doesn't work in public. In public, I am forced to act civilized and use a fork. Pisses me off too, because it slows my eating :oink:

My preference is to eat pizza klingon style, with my hands, but that doesn't work in public. In public, I am forced to act civilized and use a fork. Pisses me off too, because it slows my eating :oink:

Why 'forced'? Surely you are free to eat the way you want and then just wash your hands afterwards?

Both. I cut it with a knife and fork, and then depending on the company I either grab a slice with my hands or I cut the slice further and go at it with a fork. When I was younger I would normally sit in our favourite pizzeria and just use a knife and fork - I wasn't a fan of crust so I would start from the middle and work outwards.

Does it matter? Pizza is pizza. :laugh:

Woah there fella. In the real world, a question like "How do you eat pizza" isn't as black and white as "with my hands" or "with a knife and fork". Typically, I would eat a pizza with a stable base with my bare hands, you know, like a man. However, I have been known to resort to a knife and fork if the base proves to be unstable, or the pizza itself too sloppy.

Why 'forced'? Surely you are free to eat the way you want and then just wash your hands afterwards?

People stare. My ability to consume food horrifies the average human. I go to the gym 5-7 days a week and eating is what I train for.

Pizza is intended to be eaten with your hands.  I understand that some people may want to use a fork to avoid getting messy, but personally I'm willing to wash my hands afterwards in order to enjoy the experience properly, regardless of how floppy or messy the pizza is :D .

Also, I vote for "I don't like pizza" to be stricken from the poll.  Impossible (as the results clearly indicate)!

Wow. This poll shows me that there are 24 to many people on this planet earth eating pizza the wrong way.

There is simply only one occasion when eating pizza with a knife and fork is acceptable.

When it is a everything pizza and the toppings are spilling off.

Wow. This poll shows me that there are 24 to many people on this planet earth eating pizza the wrong way.

There is simply only one occasion when eating pizza with a knife and fork is acceptable.

When it is a everything pizza and the toppings are spilling off.

No no DL. The poll shows that there are of now 132 people on this planet who need to learn how to use cutlery. :shiftyninja:

If one of my mates was easting pizza with a knife and fork, they'd be asked to leave.  Forever.

If it just came out of the oven I'll generally eat it with a fork and knife to start.  Once I get about halfway to the crust then I'll usually pick up and eat the rest if it's cooled enough.  Only other time would be if it's too floppy and they cut the pieces too thin to where you can't fold it properly.  That being said the majority of time I'll eat it with my hands.

I always eat it with hands, I used to work in a pizza restaurant many years ago and the owner once saw me eating one with my hands in front of customers and he had a real go at me and told me to eat it with a knife and fork. That's the only time I've ever known anyone to eat a pizza with a knife and fork

When in a restaurant, I use a fork and a knife.

When at home, I fold two slices together ? and use my hands :D