Mac OS X Desktops: 2Q 2014

I lost track of where I found this desktop, but I would love to find these metalic dock icons. Extensive searching has drawn a blank. Any help most welcome.

post-520851-0-30345700-1401905503.jpg

Screen%20Shot%202014-06-04%20at%2012.53.

I noticed your background has richer color, is it a Retina MBP? Has apple included a different image in those versions, or is the screenshot better?  Can you post the wallpaper in HD?

I noticed your background has richer color, is it a Retina MBP? Has apple included a different image in those versions, or is the screenshot better?  Can you post the wallpaper in HD?

I always edit my wallpapers to have richer color and vibrance, check out my Screenshots and Wallpaper gallery on DeviantArt, i promise you will find a lot of goodies.

It's a mod that he made himself! ;) You can grab it right here on his deviantART page: Yosemite Mod

So my Mac mini that I've been having problems with for a while finally bit the dust and in stead of buying a replacement logic board at $500+ for a three year old system, I chucked it and bought a brand new 27" iMac. Couldn't be happier with the decision, even if new Retina iMacs are on the way.

post-23147-0-00419800-1402198435.jpg

I can swear at one time like some 5-6 years ago, back when I used to do a lot of theming and customizations, I made my Windows 7 PC desktop look exactly like that using third party utilities like Finderbar, Rocketdock (it even had that Aero blur), custom theme and icons. The UI really is a downgrade from previous versions of OS X.

I can swear at one time like some 5-6 years ago, back when I used to do a lot of theming and customizations, I made my Windows 7 PC desktop look exactly like that using third party utilities like Finderbar, Rocketdock (it even had that Aero blur), custom theme and icons. The UI really is a downgrade from previous versions of OS X.

I'll have to respectfully disagree with you. I'm actually liking it quite a bit.

But to each their own :-)

I'll have to respectfully disagree with you. I'm actually liking it quite a bit.

But to each their own :-)

I'm not talking about the features. Of course there's a lot of improvement there. But as far as the UI goes, it really looks predated. Compare these two for example. Which one do you think looks more modern?

post-23147-0-00419800-1402198435.jpg

e01866f5aa48e7c99d0bf0304195ec98-d6l19jn

I'm not talking about the features. Of course there's a lot of improvement there. But as far as the UI goes, it really looks predated. Compare these two for example. Which one do you think looks more modern?

Oh I knew what you meant. I meant that I liked the new UI, or at least elements of the new UI. It gives it an iOS 7/8 feeling, but I suppose I was expecting this UI, so it is exactly what I thought it would be, or at least really close to it.

Anyone using this on a MacBook Air last model? How's the battery life? any improvements?

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone using this on a MacBook Air last model? How's the battery life? any improvements?

I am running Yosemite on a 2013 Macbook Air. Battery life is as good as it has been with Mavericks.