Hannibal

ok that's pretty darn sick.

the fact that this wasn't an isolated case and a bunch of others came that close to having similar things happen is crazy.

i guess i shouldn't be surprised, but its still pretty... unnerving...

Makes you wonder what kind of bizarre psychological misfire caused something like this to take place. It would be interesting to see what kind of history both these men had, it would make for a very very odd movie I think.

Hannibal (and Silence of the Lambs and Red Dragon) didn't have anything to do with weird perverts meeting up with other people who were willing to be killed, and eaten in a variety of ways... a movie about this topic would have alot more to do with that whole group of people inolved in that i think. I think i'd prolly be too grossed out to watch it though, the thought of any of those situations is quite disturbing.

Not to mention background on what got these people to the point where eating each other/being eaten wasn't just a good idea, but a fantasy would alone make for an interesting documentary at the least.

:x there goes my lunch

new guaranteed-to-work diet idea: read this story everytime you get hungry for food.

Stages of typical neowin reader that gets exposed to this story --> :rolleyes: :huh: :unsure: :| :blink: :ermm: :wacko: :omg: :s :x

That story is very weird. :yes: And creepy. :| But Allan Hall (the writer) has too much anger and stupidity.

He calls Armin Meiwes a "pervert." He says Meiwes contacted other "perverts." He refers to Joerg as an "internet freak." He calls Andreas a "German sicko."

Everyone knows that it is an odd story, but there is no need to call them perverts and sickos.

That story is very weird. :yes: And creepy. :| But Allan Hall (the writer) has too much anger and stupidity.

He calls Armin Meiwes a "pervert." He says Meiwes contacted other "perverts." He refers to Joerg as an "internet freak." He calls Andreas a "German sicko."

Everyone knows that it is an odd story, but there is no need to call them perverts and sickos.

Um. They..uh...ate genitals. I think that wholly qualifies.

callaway - dont like, dont read. Subject line was pretty explicit enough anyway. I'm tempted to say "and your point is?" but maybe not.

nowimnothing - yeah i see your point, should make an interesting movie. Fascinating probably. Couldn't help linking to Hannibal though, there were similarities.

DsnBehind - this is the Sun, the tabloidest (if there is such a word) paper in the UK. In order to keep its position as "best selling paper in UK", it must try and show strong "popular" opinions. If you read more articles from them you'll understand.

:laugh: was talking to my friend on the phone last night, and he said he read a story while having a snack and he had to stop eating immediately. i say "let me guess... german cannibal?" too funny. how did i know? :happy:

Assume this is the same story as reported at CNN?:

http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/europe/12/03...rial/index.html

How the heck people on *either* end of this had their desires "survive" evolutionarily (or even come into existence) over the centuries is beyond me.

Is this going to be some new "genetically" founded thing where it's just supposed to be dealt with "nonjudgementally" as the way people can just be? Hey, no one was forced to do anything beyond their will here, right?

Oh, boy, desiring to be killed and eaten by another person (and carrying through with it) is a new one for me. I'm apparently far from having heard it all, despite what I thought. :pinch: I can just see the new serial killer / murder defense coming down the line. :no:

this is strange because i heard a story just like this last year, well i think it was last year i was in spain at the time :x :blink: :huh: :wacko: :alien: :no: :unsure: :dontgetit: :omg: :| :s :ermm: :/ :argue:

i was kinda curious about all those "descriptive" words he threw in there, it didn't seem like it was.. well.. newspaper-worthy in a regular paper. of course, at the time i didn't have a clue what that newspaper was, and now from reading this thread i have a better idea so it sort of makes more sense. but i still find that a little overboard for "journalism" to write it that way.