Vintage Packard Bell Items hope:

Is this personal project anything like trying to be a modern day Tom Sawyer ? 

You need to do something but trying to get everyone else to do the work ?  And you want it free ?

All of a sudden I have gone from possibly telling you where you can get anything like that - to telling you to find it yourself or abandon the project.

• Like 1

I don't get it...what is so special about old PB computers?  It's not like these were hard to get back in the early '90s.  Now an old ibm ps/1 or ps/2 from the '80s would be fun.

Not sure, but you could probably use generic parts to complete your build providing your motherboard and processor are in working order.  Any floppy drive should work, generic SDRAM (or whatever was around back then) should work and ANY floppy drive should work.  I think finding recovering media and/or drivers would be the most difficult part, although i am sure you could find a copy of Windows 95/98 somewhere.

Is this personal project anything like trying to be a modern day Tom Sawyer ? 

You need to do something but trying to get everyone else to do the work ?  And you want it free ?

All of a sudden I have gone from possibly telling you where you can get anything like that - to telling you to find it yourself or abandon the project.

The OP has done work. Re-read posts 24 & 25 for instance.

Jeez, lighten up. Were you being asked for a kidney or something? Anyway, no one is forcing you to help.

I got my items, many thanks to the people who helped me out. This thread can be closed or removed. Preferrably removed.

Call Electronic Discount.  They have a sort of museum in the store - I have seen a 10KB IBM hard drive there the size of a washing machine.

attachicon.gifCapture.JPG

That is funny.

I remember in 1979-1980 I was in the 4th year of primary school.

My teacher Mr HoneyJones was chatting to use about computers and their speeds and all that etc.....

He then said that it will take x time to process y information.

Lets say 10 minutes.

He then said this computer, (in a picture) that looked about the size of a car, if it wanted to do the calculations faster in a matter of seconds, a computer the size of a sky-scrapper would be needed.

How wrong was he huh.