Nokia Lumia 630/5 lacking.

I know 630/5 is the low end of Windows Phones but with this next gen of phones it should have for the 2014. When I think of a low end phone, I general see one to two year old hardware. The problem is that the hardware surprise that. The S3 has 1GB ram and 720p screen which 630 does not. I just wish they would have at least started at the 720p screen and it would be a killer low end phone and people would look at that over the S3 when buying a new low end phone.

Higher specs are nice but the price would reflect that, once MS owns the phones they could probably be more aggressive with the pricing than what Nokia could do on it's own but otherwise I see Nokia break it down like this.

Low-end = 800x480 with 512MB of ram

Mid-range = 720p with 1GB

High-end = 1080p with 2GB or more RAM.

If the 630 comes in at $150-$190 then the 530 will be between $100-$140 to start with no contract.  So from that a future 730 will be priced at $189-$199 I bet.    Carriers will just drop the price and sell you a contract though, it'll be interesting to see what price the 630 goes for as a pay-as you go device which is how the 520 is/was sold.  That could mean the smaller regional carriers can sell it for $100 or less with a pre-paid card.