Move Invision Board's "Content Spy" w/ Hook

Go to solution Solved by pqt,

Question

Mr.XXIV

This forum is inspired from Neowin's own forum.

I'm trying to figure out how to get the hook of the mini spy inside the forum container's board index instead of having it full width in the front page? Kinda hoping maybe the Neowin dev's could help me out on this. I prefer having what you have because it actually helps people get around on a forum.

http://psorxbox.com/forum/

2 answers to this question

pqt

I don't have content spy installed on my demo board but this should do it.

AdminCP > System > *sidebar* Manage Hooks > Content Spy (or whatever the hook for the mini spy is called) > Edit

RcSWEE4.png

> Files

kTErEge.png

Adjust the settings to this

WrQo8TL.png

Mr.XXIV

Appreciaite the help Austin! Didn't realize that's where you can visually manage the hooks. :D

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Antrix2k
      Hi all! I need to write an app, which using login/password from our IPS 4 forum. Can anyone help me with IPS hashing algorithm?
    • By Vlad Dudau
      UK government admits 'Snooper's Charter' would allow it to ban end-to-end encryption
      by Vlad Dudau

Theresay May, the UK's new PM, is a strong proponent of digital spying The UK government has publicly admitted that parts of the Investigatory Powers Bill (IPB), better known as the 'Snooper’s Charter', would allow it to force companies to ban end-to-end encryption.

In what may be viewed as a huge assault on the public’s privacy, not to mention digital security, the government would ask internet and communication service providers to “develop and maintain a technical capability to remove encryption that has been applied to communications or data”. As one member of the House of Lords put it, when debating the IPB, this essentially means that companies may not use end-to-end encryption, and could leave the public at risk, not to mention setting a supremely dangerous precedent.

Lord Strasburger explained:

That’s because developing the technical capability to break strong encryption is a costly and problematic endeavor. So in essence, the government aims to force companies to offer weaker encryption and develop backdoors in their services. This is exactly what privacy and advocacy groups like the EFF warned about months ago, when the FBI was trying to force Apple to hack its devices.

As usual the powers granted by the Snooper’s Charter are claimed to be in the service of national security and the fight against terrorism. Earl Howe, minister of state for defence, argued that “there will be circumstances where it is reasonably practicable for a company to build in a facility to de-encrypt the contents of communication.”

But of course, the wider implications of such demands, by a democratic Western government no less, are rarely brought up by their proponents. However, Baroness Hayter attempted to explain:

Her arguments bring to mind recent cases where authoritarian regimes such as Turkey, Russia and China, have demanded they have access to user data and banned companies from using strong encryption which the government couldn’t bypass.

Unfortunately, the Investigatory Powers Bill, like other important legislation around the world, is getting little attention while it passes through the legislative process with most of the public being unaware of the importance of encryption and strong digital safeguards.

Source: The Register | Image via Tes

• By danxiaogui86
      Does anyone know of such problem?
      I'm unable to resolve the issue after trying numerous attempt such as disabling the minijs.
    • By danxiaogui86
      Does anyone able to assist me in this error accessing the admincp?
      Your current IP address does not match the one in our records.
      I have tried to find the checkip to change from 1 to 0 but unable to find this option anywhere.
      Many thanks!