Windows Phone 8.1 Thread

WP 8.1 Survey  

152 members have voted

1. 1. Are you satisfied overall with the update?

• Yes
    • No give me more features
    • No, undo the changes
    • Don't own a Windows Phone
  2. 2. Will this update make you share Windows Phone more?

• Yes
    • No. I have always been spreading the word
    • No not yet, maybe the next update
    • I don't know

The new Games update removes the damn thing from the App List. Good luck trying to launch it if you don't have it pinned.

Sigh. Well done, once again. Maybe selling off Xbox won't be such a bad idea after all.

The new Games update removes the damn thing from the App List. Good luck trying to launch it if you don't have it pinned.

Sigh. Well done, once again. Maybe selling off Xbox won't be such a bad idea after all.

You do realize that this is essential a beta O.S right now right? And on top of that all the core Apps like games are essentially in beta as well, but getting weekly updates. 

I'm sure all this will be worked out by RTM

I haven't auto-updated games yet, I wait for my phone to do it on it's own and not do it manually.  But my issue right now is with the inability to get any Xbox Music app updates because someone on the Xbox apps team thought it a smart idea to region lock this app to only countries that can get a Xbox Music Pass subscription.    So now my phone still has the original stock Xbox Music app that comes with 8.1 by default, it's retarded to think about.  If this was an optional app download I could understand but from the moment you've decided to make this the default music player for everyone on 8.1 why in gods name would you limit it in the store?

Why can't the guys who make the bing apps make the Xbox apps as well?  I've never had any issue with the Bing apps on WP or on Windows 8 since the start.  Right now it feels like they have some interns working on the Games app and Xbox Music to.

Just ask Cortana.

Just ask Cortana.

About that. How do you start apps with voice now? This was working just fine with 8, but it doesn't work at all with 8.1. (Without Cortana)

About that. How do you start apps with voice now? This was working just fine with 8, but it doesn't work at all with 8.1. (Without Cortana)

start <app name> is working for me (just like it always did)

Just ask Cortana.

This no longer works, neither does going to the store and tapping view. It just closes and returns to the start screen. If you didn't pin the app, you are out of luck on accessing the games hub.

start <app name> is working for me (just like it always did)

I've tried dozens of times, it just starts searching for whatever I say.

There's was an update yesterday that fixes this issue...

Update is installed for the new dev preview, i do not notice anything different so far.

There's was an update yesterday that fixes this issue...

Ye, updated to that as well. Either they've been trolling us, or some of the devs need to have their brains checked.

Installed it, didn't resolve my WiFi calling issues (was hoping it would). Back to 8.0 for now. :(

Installed it, didn't resolve my WiFi calling issues (was hoping it would). Back to 8.0 for now. :(

I'm having issues with wifi calling on my lumia 521 too. Texts also do not arrive, when wifi calling is on.

I'm having issues with wifi calling on my lumia 521 too. Texts also do not arrive, when wifi calling is on.

At least I am not alone. I do not get much signal around my apartment so WiFi calling is a must for me. Otherwise I'd just stick with 8.1. :/ I can literally just enable WiFi calling, put my phone down and watch it randomly drop to 'No service'. I get a call and 50% of the time it'll drop to 'No service' when answering said call. Your text issue is also something I get.

Guess the only thing I can do is wait on T-Mobile which will be a while.

The noise between music tracks bug is still there. Bummer.

That's probably more a bug/problem with the app and not the OS itself.  I can't even get any of the Xbox Music updates because they've region locked the dumb thing it seems.   If you're in a country that doesn't have Xbox Music Pass you can't get the app, really stupid.

That's probably more a bug/problem with the app and not the OS itself.  I can't even get any of the Xbox Music updates because they've region locked the dumb thing it seems.   If you're in a country that doesn't have Xbox Music Pass you can't get the app, really stupid.

It's not the app. It happens with MixRadio, Listen and DeliTape as well. Maybe the cyan firmware will sort it out. I just hope I don't end up stuck with final 8.1 and cyan and still have this as I use the music player a lot on this phone. I could go back to 8.0 but I'd miss too much stuff from 8.1.

Speaking of music, deleting songs added form the cloud to the collection in xbox music still doesn't really delete it.  Do a phone search, or ask Cortana to shuffle tracks, and even though the app might say the library is empty, they'll still be queued up for playback.  I don't know if the issue is with the OS, or the app.  Only a complete reset of the phone clears the songs.  I'm not even sure the relevant team is aware of this glitch, and I'm also not really sure where to report this.

• 5 months later...

It looks like most if not all of the Lumias will get Cyan by the end of the year.    As long as the carriers move faster and don't delay things.

Does anyone else listen to podcasts over Bluetooth in their vehicles with their Windows Phone? I have a 1520 with Cyan and 8.1 Update and a lot of the time when a podcast ends and I go to start a new one my phone will restart itself. This also happens if I am listening to a podcast and then switch to Pandora or some other music app. I'm thinking it has to be a system issue with Bluetooth and audio playback. I'm just looking for confirmation.

Does anyone else listen to podcasts over Bluetooth in their vehicles with their Windows Phone? I have a 1520 with Cyan and 8.1 Update and a lot of the time when a podcast ends and I go to start a new one my phone will restart itself. This also happens if I am listening to a podcast and then switch to Pandora or some other music app. I'm thinking it has to be a system issue with Bluetooth and audio playback. I'm just looking for confirmation.

Do it everyday and occasionally have problems where the Car's entertainment system reboots but the phone stays on. :laugh:

What podcast app are you using? Have you tried others?