Help me pick a new TV for the Computer

I definitely need a new screen. Was using a 55" Samsung DLP for PC gaming, movies, youtube, etc.. Would like you to help me decide on a nice 55" or higher for said purposes.  No more DLP though (for fear that parts are no longer available if need to repair). My last one just died and the part will not be restocked claimed by various sites, including shopjimmy.

Now I've had my DLP since 09, so I've kinda lost touch with what exactly is available these days... Is OLED still viable? Too Expensive? Plasma still have burn issues?  Washed out? I know Plasma has evolved, but haven't experienced the new ones yet.. What about 2k screens?  Or simply conventional LED screens?  Whatever can tolerate heavy PC use. (im sure they all can these days and maybe I have to pay at least 800).

Yea I'm way out of touch.. Lets keep it under $1200, ebay seems to have a nice 2k screen at a $500 bid, not sure how high these go, but if you think something like this is good, lemmy know ;)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LG-55LA9650-55-Full-3D-2160p-HD-LED-Plus-Internet-TV-/221416441645?pt=Televisions&hash=item338d72c72d

opt out of smart TV

opt in to good response time & refresh rates

OLED and LED in general are very bright and very low power compared to plasmas. like 1/8th consumpition. LCD are in between.

Plasmas don't have burn-in anymore as they have dimmer timers which prevent it should the picture not be changing.

Ensure your audio will be routed correctly. Some do HDMI audio, some need a TV toslink OUT to get sound to your surround. Your computer HDMI may also do HDMI-CEC which will turn on TV and put on correct imput automatically then shut off when you power computer down. Handy.

As for above 1080p it makes sense if your video card can do 2k or 4k, but I doubt you'll get below the $1200 price point at this time. 5 days remaining on that auction. wait until 12hr before and it'll probably jump in bids.

Rest is up to you. Go visually look at the walls of TVs and see which picture you like. Most places show a bluray movie to sell them, so the quality is great or as good as it'll get. When you narrow down to a few (samsung and sony stick out) find the models and search for a good price.

Not sure about decent fps, but the 7950 claims to support 4k output. If you have a good recommendation that would be most welcome :)   It would be a shame if my card does output 4k but would be forced to play at a lower res just to speed things up (defeating the purpose of having a 4k at all).

But I haven't decided to go for 2k/4k yet anyway. Main point is as long as I get good response from the screen and minimal screen door effect (if it even still exists).  I had an LCD before my DLP and it was unbearable, which is why I went for the DLP.  I may be ok with just simple 1080p, but as long as it's 55+ inches and handles whatever top settings my card can put out.

Bare minimum, Kmart has some Vizio 55" LED screens.  For some reason they don't have floor models playing that particular screen.  It's $480 right now, very tempting, but don't wanna jump the gun.  Television boxes aren't too specific for PC spec/resolution.  It may not even look attractive if set to 1080 desktop.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUy2pozjkEQ

(nevermind I just noticed this is a smart TV, so I guess this is out)

ok, lets get rid of '2k' from the get-go. Full HD is '2k' which is the standard 1920x1080. The ridiculous term '4k' is 3840x2160, which is Ultra HD. So you can say FHD or UHD.

That LG ebay link is going to skyrocket in price after 4 days... lets disregard that.

Vizio is garbage. You'll regret sinking any money into that. I'd stick w/ LED at this point. I dont care for plasma, although you might. LCD is just outdated, imo. OLED is too expensive.

That 7950 may support UHD (4k), but you wont be gaming at that resolution. You'd have to turn down all the settings to Medium or less to play smoothly. You'll need to get two cards to get playable framerates.

If you plan to have the tv for several years, invest in a nice Samsung LED tv. The 6000 or 7000 series are going to be amazing. I have a MY2012 Samsung 7500, and it still blows me away.