WP 8.1 Internet sharing not working.

Like many others I downloaded and installed WP 8.1 to my phone, everything appears to be working fine with the phone and the update is quite an improvement overall, however I'm having one problem with my HTC 8x (T-Mobile) I cannot maintain the internet sharing feature working for more than just a few minutes.

I mostly share my internet connection with my Samsung Galaxy (Android tablet) and with my Windows Dell Venue 8 Pro tablet, however once I start sharing it works fine for a little, ( around 8 minutes or so) and then boom, the internet is not shared anymore.  

Anyone else experiencing this?

See if you can toggle the "automatically disable this connection if inactive for a period".

It could be that your phone isn't detecting that data is moving through it properly.

See if you can toggle the "automatically disable this connection if inactive for a period".

It could be that your phone isn't detecting that data is moving through it properly.

Thanks but there's no way of toggling this, I don't have such an option that I can see or am I missing something?

post-2344-0-93602300-1397706841.jpg

There's an app that lets you share as well, Tether-X iirc.   You could give that a try but it works by having you setup a proxy on your other devices.  I found a guide for it at WPCentral.

http://www.wpcentral.com/windows-phone-internet-sharing

Go down a bit and you'll see it.   Give that a try and see if it keeps working, if it does then there could be a bug of some sort in the 8.1 preview that HTC would have to either fix or MS would.   It could be a driver thing that firmware updates might fix, I don't use it so I don't know for sure.  One of the downsides to preview build, there's going to be bugs and we still have to wait for the OEMs to do their own fixes as well.

There's an app that lets you share as well, Tether-X iirc.   You could give that a try but it works by having you setup a proxy on your other devices.  I found a guide for it at WPCentral.

http://www.wpcentral.com/windows-phone-internet-sharing

Go down a bit and you'll see it.   Give that a try and see if it keeps working, if it does then there could be a bug of some sort in the 8.1 preview that HTC would have to either fix or MS would.   It could be a driver thing that firmware updates might fix, I don't use it so I don't know for sure.  One of the downsides to preview build, there's going to be bugs and we still have to wait for the OEMs to do their own fixes as well.

Thanks, I used to have this app installed and removed it a long time ago, totally forgot it existed, thanks for reminding me, I'll check it out.