Large-scale local administrator password reset

While that would be another way to skin the cat.  How do you really easy match up what computer got which password that way when in 2 different files.  This gives you simple listing computer - password in 1 place to view.  Print it out and put in your vault and you have your passwords when/if ever needed.  If you have a lot of computer, its unlikely you get them all done in one run - people out sick, laptop offline, etc.  So this way just delete the the lines of machines that work via the output and you have script to run later to catch the machines that offline/etc/  Use that list to send out WOL, etc..

First run would get majority - but always had a few straggler machines to work through.

Problem I see with GP -- are you 100% that machine did it?  With this method you have instant feedback if password was changed or not, etc.  And if you save the log, you have validation in audit that you changed all the passwords, etc.

Problem I see with GP -- are you 100% that machine did it?  With this method you have instant feedback if password was changed or not, etc.  And if you save the log, you have validation in audit that you changed all the passwords, etc.

That is a very valid point against GP that I did not consider.

Yeah, back when I was doing this sort of stuff we needed to validate that passwords actually were changed every 90 days. So the output of the command showing computer xyz administrator password successfully changed made audit on that item very quick.