Prevent Photoshop 7 Auto Blur

Question

Im trying to make a 32bit icon for visual studio and VB6, but when i go to resize the origianl icons to the 128x128 size, photoshop auto blurs the image! :angry: Is there a way around this?

8 answers to this question

Any time you resize (up or down) a raster image you will loose quality. The best bet is to work in an illustration (vector) program, but if you cannot, you will have to manually tweak each edition of sizing to compensate for the quality loss.

Im trying to make a 32bit icon for visual studio and VB6, but when i go to resize the origianl icons to the 128x128 size, photoshop auto blurs the image! :angry: Is there a way around this?

Are you creating the icon in RGB color mode?

It's not BLURRING the image, it's resampling the image, so it doesn't become jagged and pixely. I dunno why you'd want a jagged pixely icon, unless that's what you're looking for, in which i'd just pixel draw the icon itself.

If you grab a 32x32 icon and blow it up to 128x128, it's not gonna look good... you should grab the original 128x128.

yeah sadly there is no 128x128 icon for visual studio (that i can find) .

i want a crappy looking icon so that i can manaully tweak it and make it not look like crap

i think its in RGB mode...

yeah sadly there is no 128x128 icon for visual studio (that i can find) .

i want a crappy looking icon so that i can manaully tweak it and make it not look like crap

i think its in RGB mode...

Well... here is a 128x128 Visual Studio PNG, if that will help. ;)

post-31-1070846283.png

kick ars, dont suppose youve got one of those for VB6?

plus, where did you find that at?

I downloaded the 96x96 version and enlarged it a little. ;) And I'll try to find it. :D