Jeremy Clarkson 'begs forgiveness' over N-word footage

There is very little that actually offends us :) You could personally call us every bad offensive name under the sun and 9 times outta 10, we will call you 'mate' and shout you a beer. One of the good things about living here I guess. 

• Like 2

Guys, no using racial slurs, If you want to you'll have to go with "N-word" or something censored.   Let's keep it clean and follow the rules.

What if he was just humming his favorite new track off the latest Jay-Z album? What would the up-roar then be?

Note: I don't know if Jay-Z actually uses this word in his content, so if not, substitute that with someone who does.

Guys, no using racial slurs, If you want to you'll have to go with "N-word" or something censored.   Let's keep it clean and follow the rules.

Please clarify?

When we have a member who seems to argue the spelling of the final few letters is the issue, is "n*gga" and "n*gger" apropriate use?  Or what?

This has been a mature discussion and nobody has used the words in a derogatory fashion, rather they are being used in a factua and historical context.  If you lay out a way of writing it that we can ahere to, then that would probably be of use?

Note: I don't know if Jay-Z actually uses this word in his content, so if not, substitute that with someone who does.

He does.  Often.  And sleeve notes spell it both ways.

I'd also like to point out that region is relevant too this too.  Over here, the N-word is much less used in racial slurs than places like the USA.  If Jezza were deliberately trying to be racist, he'd be far more likely to use the word "Sambo", which has similar connotations.

It's just as stupid as the "slope" debacle a week or so ago, when he was referring to a bridge he and the boys had built that "had a slope on it", which it did! It was as wonky as anything! So what that it also had a Asian chap on it. We don't USE the word "slope" as an insult in the UK!

• Like 1

Really? One example? Anyway, context is king. If you would have bothered listining to the song, you would understand that Nas is saying that Black people are persecuted on the daily by racists and the system. People still want be them and are proud of what they are. He emphasises this by using racial slurs used against other minority groups.

It's just as stupid as the "slope" debacle a week or so ago, when he was referring to a bridge he and the boys had built that "had a slope on it", which it did! It was as wonky as anything! So what that it also had a Asian chap on it. We don't USE the word "slope" as an insult in the UK!

Had to actually Google that. Urbandictionary says "A derogatory term for people of Asian decent. It is an acronym for Silly Little Opium Peddling Easterner."

Wow. That's.. wow! Who comes up with this stuff?

Had to actually Google that. Urbandictionary says "A derogatory term for people of Asian decent. It is an acronym for Silly Little Opium Peddling Easterner."

Wow. That's.. wow! Who comes up with this stuff?

Usually the red top tabloids...

For the people asking about free speech..

free_speech.png

(And YES, I know the 1st is a US only thing, but the jist of the it stands!)

Anyway..

He shot the segment, made sure to mumble over the word so he DIDN'T say it.. reviewed it before the final cut, decided it was still too ambiguous, and re-shot it. WHAT MORE CAN YOU ASK?

He never called anyone, anything, publicly.. In fact he never called anyone anything to begin with. 

• Like 1

Load of fuss about nothing, people are hearing it because they want to or because that's what they have been told hes saying.

Who care what he said.  If he wasnt a TV show host, this would be just another day.  And a ton of people say worse things than that.  He just got caught.

Just another day in a human world.

Piers Morgan is a spiteful human being. Comparing Jeremy Clarkson, who listened to the unaired show and actively requested a retake because it sounded racist, and then went and reshot it, to Ron Atkinson who called someone a "Lazy N***" live on air is dishonest, to say the least. Anybody calling for him to be sacked over this is a tool. I'm not Clarkson's biggest fan - him being painfully arrogant even though I do think he is hilarious - but he basically did his job, corrected a mistake before broadcasting, and now people want him burnt at the stake. Crazy. Some people just love to jump on the 'racism' bandwagon. People love being a victim, and having someone to complain about.

+10 - good analogy

*no one touches him* *Leave Clarkson ALone!*

• Like 2

I always thought it was catch a tiger by the toe, what is this other version everyone seems to assume he was saying?

I always thought it was catch a tiger by the toe, what is this other version everyone seems to assume he was saying?

It was changed to Tiger sometime in the 70's or 80's. I forget which.

When i was at school in the early 80's it was 'Niger' (add a 'G'). Of course nobody thought anything of it, we certainly weren't being racist.

Understandably times have changed and it'snot cool to be saying that word unless you happen to be some sort of gangster and then apparently it's perfectly acceptable.

• Like 1

Even after watching the video I can't even hear the word, he just mumbled something that sounded "Nuhh huh" 

Its only because they know the rhyme used to contain the word, I think its so mumbled he could rightfully claim he never even said it. 

We also had toy Gollywogs as featured on the jam jar labels. Not once did I even remotely equate them with the black kids at school.

• Like 2

Don't understand why people get all upset over this.  One, you have to try REALLY hard to make it out in that clip.  Plus it was unaired cutting room floor stuff.  And most importantly, black people use the N-word on a daily basis far more than any actual racist.  This is nothing to be bent out of shape over!

• Like 2