Jeremy Clarkson 'begs forgiveness' over N-word footage

FloatingFatMan

I didn't realise we had so many racist users on neowin.

Ron Atkinson immediately got the sack by I.T.V. for calling the French defender for Chelsea, he called Marcel Desailly a 'f*cki*g lazy thick ni**er', it was picked up by troops listening to

an Arabic TV station.

Ron Atkinson was the first manager when Villa fielded a whole team without one Caucasian player in it.

So I found it odd why he made such a sentence.

B.B.C. should sack Clarkson on principle.

It's the usual though, public school boy, old school tie etc...

Why? Ron Atkinson actually used the word and specifically directed it at someone.

Clarkson didn't even say the word.  Huge frickin' difference dude.  Why should he be punished for not doing something? Leave your hate for the guy at home.

I didn't realize we had so many people who don't bother to look past the article title, either... and just ignore anything anyone else posts that contradicts their reality. I wish there were a word for that, like the convenient term "racist."

Oh, there's lots of words for it. Most of them would get me a warning though. .:p

I don't know, apparently the N word has two different meanings depending if you're black or not.

Which in itself is completely racist.

Either the word is derogatory, or it isn't. You don't get to say it's only derogatory when white people say it, that IS racist!

Dinggus
Which in itself is completely racist.

Either the word is derogatory, or it isn't. You don't get to say it's only derogatory when white people say it, that IS racist!

I know this.

FloatingFatMan

I know this.

Sorry, wasn't accusing, just commenting. :)

Dinggus

Sorry, wasn't accusing, just commenting. :)

I've quoted black people with their permission back when MySpace was popular and have had workers call me out on it and I tell them I was allowed to, then they'd file an EO complaint, in return I would argue it's racist they can call each other that when I couldn't. Obviously, I'd never call my black friends that, but all I did was quote them and others were offended.

MDboyz

... and not many news talking about shaq making fun as a disabled kid.

article-2615765-1D70F99E00000578-41_634x

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By zikalify
      Ex-BT boss will help diversify U.K. telecoms supply chain
      by Paul Hill

The government has announced that ex-BT CEO and former trade minister Lord Ian Livingston will lead a new task force that’s working to diversify the U.K.’s telecoms supply chain to reduce reliance on just a handful of firms. It comes after the U.K. banned Huawei from its 5G networks but had only a few companies it could turn to due to a lack of diversity.

With Huawei ploughing lots of money into research and development over the last decade and gaining a major lead in 5G, U.K. telecoms had a limited choice of alternative providers to choose from when Huawei was banned from networks. To address this, the government called for more competition in the sector.

The Telecoms Diversification Task Force, which includes senior figures from Vodafone UK and Openreach, will provide the government with independent expert advice as it works to make the network more diverse.

Commenting on his selection as head of the task force, Lord Livingston, said:

Network providers like Vodafone suggested that the removal of Huawei from the U.K.’s 5G networks would push up prices as alternative suppliers are more expensive. With more competition, however, prices could become more reasonable which will mean customers won’t be burdened with increased phone bills.

• By zikalify
      Uber: London operating license decision due on September 28
      by Paul Hill

Uber will find on September 28 whether or not it has been given an operating license in London. The operating license issue between the ride-hailing firm and Transport for London (TfL) has been going on for several years now. In November last year, TfL refused to give the firm a new operating license because it believed the firm was neither fit nor proper.

The battle between the two started back in 2017 when TfL denied Uber a license before a judge restored it on probation. TfL’s main issue with Uber is that it doesn’t believe the service is safe. In response, Uber implemented more safety checks but TfL was still able to find issues.

Drivers that make their living with Uber do not have to worry about the upcoming decision too much; if the judge gives the license back to the firm then life for drivers will go on as normal. If the judge refuses to issue a new license then drivers can continue doing their job while Uber appeals the decision which could drag things on for months or even years.

Ultimately, if Uber is forced out of London it shouldn’t hurt commuters too much because the capital is very well connected with trains, the underground, buses, bicycles, and black cabs.

Source: Reuters

• By zikalify
      U.K.: 20% of businesses used mobile data to stay afloat in 2020
      by Paul Hill

Research from O2 and Development Economics has suggested that one-fifth of businesses in the U.K. used mobile data to stay afloat during the coronavirus lockdown. The firm found that had mobile data not been available, £205 billion in economic output could have been lost.

O2 said that the figures were estimated using ONS data on economic output across the U.K. and employee activity monitoring. Between April and June, the U.K.’s GDP fell by 20.4%, O2 reckons that without mobile connectivity, more pressure would have been placed on the furlough scheme and GDP.

Commenting on the findings, Mark Evans, CEO at O2, said:

During the lockdown, mobile companies such as O2 offered customers discounted or free broadband to help them weather the economic impact. Vodafone, for example, gave small businesses free broadband while EE gave NHS staff unlimited mobile data until October due to the pressure health workers were under.

For its part, O2 says that it has extended 4G and 5G coverage to over 186,000 postcodes around the country since the lockdown started to ensure that people can stay in touch with their friends, family, and colleagues.

• By Usama Jawad96
      Nvidia is acquiring Arm for $40 billion
      by Usama Jawad

Earlier this year, it was revealed Nvidia was considering buying Arm from SoftBank. Then last month, SoftBank confirmed that it was indeed considering selling the UK-based chipset designer, which it purchased for $32 billion back in 2016. Today, Nvidia has confirmed the deal, valued at a whopping $40 billion.

In a blog post, Nvidia stated that the transaction allows it to create the "premier computing company for the age of artificial intelligence". Nvidia has clarified that Arm will continue to operate its open-source licensing model with the company's IP to remain registered in the UK. The firm will also be looking to expand its presence in the UK by building a new global center of excellence in AI at Arm's Cambridge campus, and will invest in an Arm-powered AI supercomputer as well.

Jensen Huang, founder and CEO of NVIDIA, stated that:

Regarding the financials surrounding the $40 billion deal, SoftBank will remain committed to Arm's long-term success with a 10% ownership stake in Nvidia. It will be paid $21.5 billion in Nvidia's common stock - which equates to 44.3 million shares -, $12 billion in cash, and up to $5 billion in earn-out construct. Arm employees will also receive $1.5 billion in equity. The transaction does not include Arm's IoT Services Group. SoftBank's undertakings with Arm, which were made as a part of its 2016 acquisition, are expected to be complete by September 2021.

As with any deal of this scale, this transaction is subject to regulatory approvals, and is expected to be finalized within the next 18 months.

• By zikalify
      Cyberflashing law reforms set to come to England and Wales
      by Paul Hill

The Law Commission for England and Wales has published proposals to better protect victims from harmful online behaviour. The proposals suggest an alteration to the Sexual Offences Act 2003 to cover Cyberflashing (unsolicited nude images and videos) and reforms to the Malicious Communications Act (MCA) 1988 and the Communications Act (CA) 2003 to criminalise pile-on harassment.

Pile-on harassment is defined by the Law Commission as several different individuals sending harassing communications to a victim. The proposed changes include communication such as emails, social media posts, and WhatsApp messages. It also includes communications over Bluetooth or a local intranet which aren’t yet covered by the Communications Act 2003.

The Law Commission said that online abuse is covered by the MCA 1988 and the CA 2003 but suffers from a range of problems including that they do not “adequately criminalise” cyberflashing and pile-on harassment. It also said the threshold of criminality is too low and with its reforms wants to heighten it to only include those who knowingly post false information about someone or are intending to cause harm.

Commenting on the proposals, Digital Secretary Oliver Dowden said:

In the proposal, the Law Commission also asks questions about other areas that could be reformed in the future. These included topics such as incitement or encouragement of pile-on harassment, knowing participation in pile-on harassment, the glorification of violence or violent crime, and incitement or encouragement of self-harm. You can find the full paper on the Law Commission’s website.