I tried to summon people once, no one joined. Maybe it was just coincidence, but I think people probably might not particularly enjoy fighting that one.

Maybe if the sucker didn't turn around so frigging fast...

What level are you? I could help, but at level 100 I'd need you to be around 85 I think.

What level are you? I could help, but at level 100 I'd need you to be around 85 I think.

Somewhere around 70, IIRC.

I'll probably leave that boss alone for now. Besides getting my ass handed to me, there's something uneasy about fighting Ebrietas. The fact that she's there minding her own business not even going aggro until you do  :/

Ok, who am I kidding, it's because she beats the ###### out of me  :laugh:

Somewhere around 70, IIRC.

I'll probably leave that boss alone for now. Besides getting my ass handed to me, there's something uneasy about fighting Ebrietas. The fact that she's there minding her own business not even going aggro until you do :/

Ok, who am I kidding, it's because she beats the ###### out of me :laugh:

There is a potential story related reason for killing her ;)

The official guide shows she is weak to bolt damage and also the holy damage I think it is. So Ludwig for 50% bonus damage and the non-transformed mode of the threaded cane for 20%. Apply bolt paper to either of those weapons for maximum output.

Also if you're bloodtinge focussed, Evelyn and the cannon with bone arrow mash or whatever it's called wreck her if aimed at head.

Did you guys get all the top blood gems and runes? I've been making my way through Chalice dungeons (still) and after dying (a lot) I'm on Defiled dungeoun and the boss here one-shots me, it's getting ridiculous. 

On the plus side I've been getting quite a few invasions on Mensis and been doing pretty good with my +9 weapon, Souls experience does help some. 

Did you guys get all the top blood gems and runes? I've been making my way through Chalice dungeons (still) and after dying (a lot) I'm on Defiled dungeoun and the boss here one-shots me, it's getting ridiculous. 

On the plus side I've been getting quite a few invasions on Mensis and been doing pretty good with my +9 weapon, Souls experience does help some. 

Not yet, but I've read how difficult the defiled dungeons can be. What level are you? Also is your weapon +9 because you used the blood rock on something else?

Seeing as defiled halves your health bar a good investment in vitality helps.

So I am not even kidding, this damn strategy guide has made me lost.  :/  :blush:  :rofl:

SPOILERS AHEAD FOR ANYONE WHO HAS NOT PLAYED. I was going to use the Spoiler thread but that would mean paragraphs of black text.

Since I decided not to start over I tried to pick it up and use the guide pretty much a little after after the Father G fight. I did tell the girl in the window about the Cathedral as well. I already broke down the brooch for a gemstone too.

I talked to the old person (not sure if it is a man, women, or witch) at the start of the cathedral and also lit the lamp. I followed the guide and it basically just told me to keep going down and down (basically stay to the left at the well, do not go right on the stairs to the right towards the first giant, but stopped telling me what to do after I opened the tomb or passage or whatever it is, So I went down those stairs and just kept going down and down until I got to a lamp and a door that I believe said entrance to Old Yarnham. I could not see any reference to that lamp or door in the guide at all. So it confused the hell out of me.

I felt like I had missed something so I went back to the Catherdral Ward lamp and checked out that area. There is the one gate when you go straight from the Cathedral Map and up the stairs that is closed completely, but I know I can pay the Messengers 10,000 Blood Souls to get the thing to open it or I believe I can do something in Old Yarnham instead. I am choosing to do something in Old Yarnham instead (at least for now, if someone can make a compelling argument to pay the messengers, I should be able to get 10,000 Blood Echoes.

Then I went the other way and took a right by the well (by the tree with the crazy portal that I now know to avoid) and took the path where you fight the two Giants. If you take a right at the first Giant there is another gate that is locked (I can see the switch on the other side) and if you take a left after the first Giant, you fight another giant, some crows and two big dudes and eventually get to a downstairs room that has a chest with a door to the left of it. That door to the left of the chest is closed for me when I try and open it, but the guide made it sound like it should be opened??? The guide also mentioned something about fighting Whispering Dreams or something like that? And I never saw them at all?? Did I not have enough Insight activated?

Because I thought it may be insight related, I used all my Madmans Knowledge.

I am now at 13 Insight I believe. Don't know if that was a mistake or not.  :laugh:

So should I...

• Go back to the Old Yarnham lamp and finally enter Old Yarnham?
  • Or can I open that door by the chest past the path with the two giants (it was the path you get the Monocular) and I am missing something obvious?
  • Or should I purchase the thing to open the gate for 10,000 Blood Echoes?

I know I am asking a lot of questions here, and all of it is me going off of memory as I am at work so the details may be a little weird so it may or may not make sense, but I am hoping it does and in particular perhaps Audioboxer can reply since he also has the guide.  :D (Y)

As far as I know, the badge to open the gate is optional. You don't need to buy it in order to progress. I bought it, but I ended up opening the gate it's linked to from the opposite direction, and never really needed it.

You do. Mild sploils ahead to boss names and locations to explain why

You need to kill vicar Amelia (i don't think she is optional).

And to go yar gull unseen vilage which is mandatory to enter in the nightmare of mensis

Edited by Andrew

As far as I know, the badge to open the gate is optional. You don't need to buy it in order to progress. I bought it, but I ended up opening the gate it's linked to from the opposite direction, and never really needed it.

It's a waste of 10k echoes. I'd advise everyone to explore for another way to open it ;)

It's a waste of 10k echoes. I'd advise everyone to explore for another way to open it ;)

Can you PM me how or put it under the spoiler tag ? i really can't see how you would go to the areas beyond the gate , or from those areas to the other side of the gate

Can you PM me how or put it under the spoiler tag ? i really can't see how you would go to the areas beyond the gate , or from those areas to the other side of the gate

Hint, kill BSB, and then a door will open near a lamp. From that door head down. You'll uncover two new areas, the one furthest down will unlock a shortcut that will allow you to open that gate.

Thanks for the replies Zodiark & AB. Looks like I am off to Old Yarnham next time I play.

Which I may take another break from BB. I had NO CLUE the new Wolfenstein The New Blood comes out tomorrow. I preordered it off of + as soon as one could. I swore for some reason it did not come out until the end of the month. I am super excited to play it as I loved TNO. It is my easily my favorite FPS last year, and one of my favorite games of last year actually.

Hint, kill BSB, and then a door will open near a lamp. From that door head down. You'll uncover two new areas, the one furthest down will unlock a shortcut that will allow you to open that gate.

That is a long trip x'D but yes you are right i forgot the path to the devils chamber xD

Thanks for the replies Zodiark & AB. Looks like I am off to Old Yarnham next time I play.

Which I may take another break from BB. I had NO CLUE the new Wolfenstein The New Blood comes out tomorrow. I preordered it off of + as soon as one could. I swore for some reason it did not come out until the end of the month. I am super excited to play it as I loved TNO. It is my easily my favorite FPS last year, and one of my favorite games of last year actually.

Definitely less stressful :p

Display Picture. Pull your mind out of the gutter, this ain't Playboy! ;)

No need to be offensive :/ .

Never had i heard display picture before as a synonim to Avatar or Profile picture.

I like the gall .. unlike most people who find her disturbing (you aren't alone).

AB, have you finished all of the chalice dungeons?

What level were you when you defeated Queen Yharnam? I'm level 72, 1.2m souls, and trying to get an idea of how much of a bitch the last few chalices are going to be if I don't level.

AB, have you finished all of the chalice dungeons?

What level were you when you defeated Queen Yharnam? I'm level 72, 1.2m souls, and trying to get an idea of how much of a bitch the last few chalices are going to be if I don't level.

Nah I haven't. That's all I need to do for my platinum. I'll be doing it at level 100 with 40 vitality.

Nah I haven't. That's all I need to do for my platinum. I'll be doing it at level 100 with 40 vitality.

I was thinking something similar. (Y)

• 2 weeks later...