This + DS3 = a very preoccupied AB!

DLC looks amazing :yes:

For sure, Bloodborne <3 DS3 is far off :(

New bow is understandbly a skill weapon and transforms into a blade. Skill <3 Pimp cane bros unite.

Isn't it a bit weird that they show some stuff from the original game in the DLC trailer? 

The vanilla game will probably get somewhat of an overhaul (maybe new enemy placements and the likes). With the DLC seemingly about 1/3rd into the game I guess they want to show you can play through a lot of the original game with the DLC weapons/arcane utilities.

They're also selling an on disc version of the DLC bundled with the main game so I suppose to attract new buyers it's all "new content".

The vanilla game will probably get somewhat of an overhaul (maybe new enemy placements and the likes). With the DLC seemingly about 1/3rd into the game I guess they want to show you can play through a lot of the original game with the DLC weapons/arcane utilities.

They're also selling an on disc version of the DLC bundled with the main game so I suppose to attract new buyers it's all "new content".

I hope that's the reason, and not that the actual new content is small when it comes to new areas and story.

I hope that's the reason, and not that the actual new content is small when it comes to new areas and story.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-09-18-bloodbornes-two-dlc-packs-have-been-combined-in-the-substantial-the-old-hunters

;)

There will be three new areas within The Old Hunters, with some familiar locations folded in with the all-new ones. When you consider that Bloodborne's approximately 13 areas took players some 30-40 hours to complete, The Old Hunters should present around 8 hours of content in its entirety - depending on your own pace, of course.

The Old Hunters also features around 10 new weapons, although only a handful were available in the demo build. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

New covenant coming in the upcoming patch (not tied to DLC)

The League

22734715516_f60c37dc0ensv4.jpg

An upcoming patch will offer all players exciting new features in the original game, including The League, additional co-op NPC hunters, and more.

The League is a band of Hunters who have taken an oath and are bound by a single purpose. By aligning yourself to The League, led by a mysterious figure in a constable’s garb and bucket helmet, you can assist other players online in the game and compete in The League’s online rankings leaderboard.

In addition to The League, players will also be able to use The League cane and summon co-op NPCs within the game, perfect for tackling challenging areas and bosses.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/11/05/bloodborne-patch-details-new-screenshot-from-the-old-hunters/

Sunbros unite.

• 2 weeks later...

New "Covenant" -- The Federation

This is the covenant of the hunters that share the objective of the "Federation". You can meet Charles, leader of the Federation, and join the Federation by talking to him when available.

The Federation will be available in the hut next to the first shortcut in the Forbidden Forest, next to the first lamp.

You will receive an item after each successful multiplayer session -- an "insect". Your ranking within the Federation is determined by how many insects you have crushed.

Additional NPC Co-op Partners

It will be possible summon NPC phantoms of Federation members in several areas.

Old Hunter NPCs will now be available to for summon in both the Chalice Dungeons and the base game. After you meet certain criteria, you will be able to purchase the "Ancient Summoning Bell" in the Hunter's Dream. Using this item will consume insight and will allow you to summon the phantoms of certain Old Hunters throughout the game. It should be noted that you can only have a maximum of two summoned NPC phantoms at one time. Summoning a real player will reduce that amount to one and so on.

Changes in the Chalice Dungeons

Non-root Chalice Dungeons will now have have a standardized glyph that will open the way for far more co-op and pvp opportunities. You should now be able to connect to players exploring the non-root/story dungeons without needing to meet with them via their unique glyph. However, you will still be able to create these non-root dungeons with a "unique" glyph if you wish to not participate in random co-op and PvP.

Changes in Co-op Partner Illusions

If you are the player using a summoning bell, you will now have the option to see phantoms or ghosts of other players also searching for co-op or multiplayer.

Plays who are searching for co-op or multiplayer will now display ripples on their phantom, indicating that players in the area are searching for each other. Please note that you can only see the ripples on phantoms that are within summoning range of your character.

We have also implemented some other changes and improved the matchmaking to some degree.

Thank you.

New patch is out. 

They weren't kidding when they said the DLC is hard :| Jumped in on a new level 49 character... Think I'll need to level some more! The Whirligig Saw is fricking awesome. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/26/2015, 4:36:03, Audioboxer said:

They weren't kidding when they said the DLC is hard :| Jumped in on a new level 49 character... Think I'll need to level some more! The Whirligig Saw is fricking awesome. 

Damn, I already think the BEGINNING of the game (which I am still on) is hard. :(

1 minute ago, Kvally said:

Damn, I already think the BEGINNING of the game (which I am still on) is hard. :(

Well I've completed it now :p But I am level 110.

I completed the DLC on Friday, and FROM did it again. It was a pretty fantastic DLC. Well worth the money, and it's right up there in quality along with Artorias in my opinion. All of the bosses were memorable. (all for good reasons, except for one: see spoiler below) The new weapons were great, and except for the pizza cutter, pretty nicely balanced. And it was fairly long too. I wish we were getting more Bloodborne content in the future. :cry:

Spoiler

Most of the bosses were memorable for typical 'Souls' reasons, but Living Failures was notable simply because of how laughably easy it was. The "attack" or phase that it has where it turns the surroundings into the night sky/galaxy view was fantastic, but I only found out about it after the fact. I killed the boss so quickly that it never triggered for me. I found out about it while reading up on the boss afterwards; thinking I glitched it somehow. When I did, I had to look it up on youtube to see it. It looked awesome, so I'm disappointed I didn't get to experience it for myself.

10 hours ago, Kvally said:

The beginning is one of the hardests parts of the game, not because of that part on itself but because your character is weak, you can't level up yet and you are still getting used to the combat mechanics (which are rather simple, but sometimes counterintuitive too).

21 minutes ago, ichi said:

The beginning is one of the hardests parts of the game, not because of that part on itself but because your character is weak, you can't level up yet and you are still getting used to the combat mechanics (which are rather simple, but sometimes counterintuitive too).

That really is good to know. I am going to get back at it.

2 hours ago, ichi said:

I actually kind of felt they made the beginning so hard to weed out the people that wouldn't be able to handle this type of game. It took a friend watching on shareplay to help me finally get through the first part the first time. Now I farm it like a pro LOL

• 2 weeks later...

The new bosses hit damn hard (at least the first two, I haven't seen more than those yet). It's probably the first time in Bloodborne that I've been killed with one single hit (rather than one combo, which is more usual in this game).

We are doing the whole DLC in coop (which makes it easier, but coop is always a lot of fun anyway) and we spent about a couple of hours trying to kill the first boss in my friend's world, failing every single time :laugh: it's going to take us way over those 8 hours to finish this (plus the time to finish the DLC in my own world).