Looking For Security

Basically, I read in a magazine that you can edit the registry to heighten security on my 98, and I was wondering if there was anything else I could do.

Got a firewall, latest Windows Update, and a virus scanner.

And I did the registry entries, anything else I missed? :)

Spybot S&D and an anti-virus scanner. Also turn off ActiveX, java, vbscript, etc. in your browser.

I am a Win98SE user right here, with Internet Explorer 5.0 (though I don't use it). No service packs at all, a few patches for Windows Media Player, DirectX9.0b and some patches for Telnet/Hyperterminal. F-prot antivirus, Spybot S&D and ZoneAlarm Pro.

Spybot S&D and an anti-virus scanner. Also turn off ActiveX, java, vbscript, etc. in your browser.

I am a Win98SE user right here, with Internet Explorer 5.0 (though I don't use it). No service packs at all, a few patches for Windows Media Player, DirectX9.0b and some patches for Telnet/Hyperterminal. F-prot antivirus, Spybot S&D and ZoneAlarm Pro.