Not ironic .. Just woken up and realised I don't give a toss.

Its refreshing to hear you say that. Hopefully more people online follow your lead and the silly resolution/framerate wars can end.

Its ok to once be obsessed with it and then realize how silly it is.

Honestly I am close to being done with it all myself.

I've been done since the days of the XBox, GC and PS2 system wars lol

I still post here and there for fun but i don't really give a ****. Fans still make me laugh though. I mean the only thing they have to say is "yes you are right 1080p looks slightly better than 900p but the difference is minimal and i don't care i love my system and i'm happy with my purchase". End of story.

Personally i care about art and gameplay more than other things. I do like to run my games at native res though. But it's not the end of the world if i can't. Even the best upscaller will still create some blurriness. This said all console games are blurry anyway because of the cheap AA tech used in most of them so i'm not sure i should care when it comes to console games.

I spend most of my time playing indie games lately. I have yet to finish Rogue Legacy and Legend of Grimrock and i'm working to finish them (outstanding games). I just bought Baldur's Gate EE and i'm playing that a lot too (still awesome after all those years) and i'll buy the second one when i'm done with it. Will probably buy Trine EE too since i played Trine 2 only and loved it. I'll start to play the new Shadowrun when i'll find the time.

I could not care less for AAA games these days. Most of them are uninspired and too long and too easy. Instead of playing 40 hours cause the game is hard yet fun you play 40 hours cause you need to do the same tedious things over and over and over. A game like Just Cause 2 had a lot of potential. But it was way too long to complete everything and the auto aim did break the fun. I still play AAA games. Tom Raider and Xcom were great. Skyrim and Alan Wake good. The Witcher serie is maybe the last AAA games i played that i would call outstanding.

So picked up my copy thanks to the GameSpot trade in the PS3 version and get the PS4 remaster for $25. I loved the game and will replay it, but also really am going to try and get into the MP this time around as well.

The absolute easiest way to see the different between 30 and 60 FPS, which they let you change on the fly, is to just spin the right analog stick (the camera) in a circle. There is a major difference when you do that, and honestly I cannot see how anyone in their right mind would choose 30 just because of nicer shadows. There is no way they are worth an extra 30 fps, at least to me. Only way I would choose it is for Photo Mode, which I think might even default to 30 even if you are playing at 60, so there really is never a reason imho.

Although I have said on these very forums I have no issue playing console games at 30 FPS, I will be damned if I would not prefer them to be at 60 if and when it is possible. Here's hoping more developers aim for it.

• Like 3

Had a brief look today. Graphics aren't overwhelmingly improved. It looks good, better than the PS3 version, but you can definitely still see it is just a massaged version of an old game. There isn't the difference in quality there was between Tomb Raider and Tomb Raider Definitive, presumably because they had higher quality assets for everything from the PC version to pull from where as ND only has higher quality assets for certain things. Also some weird graphical glitches and clipping I didn't notice on the PS3.

That said, it is still a pretty decent upgrade, and you don't get this game solely for the graphics. Looking forward to going through the story again, and playing the DLC and MP that I didn't play first time around.

Just finished on Grounded difficulty. Crikey my blood pressure. Time for Left Behind on survivor, as I understand there's no Grounded trophy for that dlc. 

My screenshot collection. Some people regard one of these encounters as a spoiler though. Proceed at your own risk.

I'm referring to the Giraffe Encounter http://imgur.com/a/HUq0z

Just timed my Grounded run, as it's all saved on Twitch. 16 hours 30. 

The PS4 version has enough updated graphics to make me appreciate my purchase. The game was a winner the first time around on the PS3, and I held off on playing through it again when I heard the PS4 version was being worked on.

I think I am going to play this one slowly over several days in order to appreciate it fully. That, and enjoy the multiplayer from a fresh level 0 perspective.

Tomb Raider and Tomb Raider Definitive,

There's few differences between Tomb Raider (the game itself not a particular version) and the Definitive Edition. Tomb Raider is also a PC game and at maximum settings it looks pretty much like the Definitive Edition minus some tweaking. The Definitive Edition is just the same game at higher settings.

Since The Last of Us is console only they surely had more work to do to improve it since unlike Tomb Raider the job was not already done.

My screenshot collection. Some people regard one of these encounters as a spoiler though. Proceed at your own risk.

Wow, it really looks definitively better. Your screens do the gave a better favor than the official ones.

There's few differences between Tomb Raider (the game itself not a particular version) and the Definitive Edition. Tomb Raider is also a PC game and at maximum settings it looks pretty much like the Definitive Edition minus some tweaking. The Definitive Edition is just the same game at higher settings.

Since The Last of Us is console only they surely had more work to do to improve it since unlike Tomb Raider the job was not already done.

You basically just repeated the exact same thing I said. Tomb Raider on PS3 > Tomb Raider Definitive on PS4 was a huge noticeable difference due to them already having the PC version to work from.  TLOU PS3 > PS4 isn't mind-blowingly different (although certain parts do look exeptional), and I don't want to under-sell how much of a beast it must have been even getting the code to even run let alone improve it,  however what they have done is make one of the best games ever made even better and for that it is worth a purchase.

I'm taking my playthrough slow, probably about half way and absolutely loving immersing myself in the world again.  I had to drop it down from Hard to Normal though. I don't know how anyone can do grounded :s  I will have to leave that to watching other people's playthroughs.

McKay, where is the games arcade you screenshotted?  I don't remember coming across that. Was that in the DLC?

I'm taking my playthrough slow, probably about half way and absolutely loving immersing myself in the world again. I had to drop it down from Hard to Normal though. I don't know how anyone can do grounded :s I will have to leave that to watching other people's playthroughs.

McKay, where is the games arcade you screenshotted? I don't remember coming across that. Was that in the DLC?

It was in the Left Behind DLC yes.

I have my play through recorded on Twitch, www.Twitch.TV/mckay91

Be warned if you do watch it though. The last 2 videos for single player I had my mic in, and after failing certain scenes for the 20th time, strong language began to emerge.

Let us know your impressions of the upgraded visuals as you go along AB. I won't be getting a copy of it for a while, so it will be nice to hear how it feels overall.

Let us know your impressions of the upgraded visuals as you go along AB. I won't be getting a copy of it for a while, so it will be nice to hear how it feels overall.

First thing... woah... 60FPS.

It feels "weird" at first coming from the PS3 version. Literally just started playing.

First thing... woah... 60FPS.

It feels "weird" at first coming from the PS3 version. Literally just started playing.

Cool. I'm interested in hearing how 60fps feels over a longer play through. If it keeps feeling weird, or if it starts to feel superior. Plus, does the performance stay rock solid throughout the game.

been playing since last week & 60fps definitely runs nice

i got in on the XIM4 preorder last week so that should be coming in the mail today or tomorrow. will be so nice to place this game with the PS Move Navigation Controller and a Mouse :)

Cool. I'm interested in hearing how 60fps feels over a longer play through. If it keeps feeling weird, or if it starts to feel superior. Plus, does the performance stay rock solid throughout the game.

Weird as in one heck of a difference compared to the 30 we are used to.

Putting the 30 lock on is absolutely disgusting when you see the difference.

Yeah the 60fps looks amazing when you can toggle it on and off to compare it immediately. Although sometimes it makes it feel like the camera is on a just swooping arm behind the player when you pan the camera. Worthy upgrade.

The only downsides are that the assets they didn't upgrade and the ps3 spec geometry stick out like a sore thumb.

And I don't think they got the old code to run quite as well on the PS4 as I came across some absolutely game breaking clipping issues.