Supernatural (Season 10)

kXDKZu0.jpg

Fans of the character feared he would not return as Collins was yet to sign a contract to appear in the tenth season. Castiel has featured on the show since the fourth season where the character has been both part of the guest starring and regular cast since.

Collins recently spoke to E! News about returning to play the angel:

"I don?t know what is left other than cross-dressing Cas. He?s been crazy, he?s been megalomaniacal, he?s been contrite, he?s been self-loathing, he?s been whimsical, he?s been human, he?s been a leviathan,?

Adding: ?I think there?s enough here they want to go back down any of those roads, there?s plenty to mine. But he has not done cross-dressing yet, so that is a pretty wide-open field right there!?

Showrunner, Jeremy Carver had this to say of the season 9 finale ?All bets are off when Sam, Dean and Castiel take the fight to Metatron. Uneasy alliances and brutal choices await? all culminating in shocking consequences.?

Source

• Like 2

Man this show is going the way of Smallville. The tone is completely different. It used to be horror with a touch of comedy, but now it's comedy with a touch of horror. The angels are so boring. Well at least Kevin Tran is dead... Season 7 literally ruined the show with the Leviathans.

I still watched it for the interaction between the main characters, not really caring about the story arcs anymore.

Alaina Huffman looked nice in Supernatural but won't be in season 10.

I just hope they finish off this angel pissing match and move on to something new, the angels are boring.  I'd like to see the show get back to its roots a little bit, being downright scary in some episodes.  Lately it's gotten too predictable, but I still watch hoping they turn it around.

• Like 2

I just hope they finish off this angel pissing match and move on to something new, the angels are boring.  I'd like to see the show get back to its roots a little bit, being downright scary in some episodes.  Lately it's gotten too predictable, but I still watch hoping they turn it around.

That's pretty much what I said a few posts above yours. The angels are boring, and this show is now just total comedy with bits of action and hardly any horror. I remember the good old days when we'd see something creepy and then the Supernatural logo would appear, and I couldn't wait to see what the Winchesters were going to do about it. Now...we get Metatron trying on a jacket and a Supernatural logo. Really? They need to fire the writers and get Kripke back to save his show because its been run into the ground.

• Like 1

I'm all for the idea of god coming back, putting some smack down and letting the show move on or end.  I think 10 seasons is a good run IMO and as much as I'm a fan I think it's time to put it to rest.

I'm all for the idea of god coming back, putting some smack down and letting the show move on or end. I think 10 seasons is a good run IMO and as much as I'm a fan I think it's time to put it to rest.

I think that's it's time for them to go back to their roots. We had enough of angels.

I think that's it's time for them to go back to their roots. We had enough of angels.

Yeah but if you've noticed, as with most shows, the scale keeps getting bigger and the enemies more dangerous.  I think they're trying to top the Leviathans  but Angels and demons aren't hard to kill at this point so they're putting less emphasis on the actual bad guys and more on the character development.   So before we had Sam going through "changes" and now we have Dean and they're flip flopping it.   But after all this, even if they go back to their "roots" it'll feel boring I bet because you've taken the scale out of it, it'll feel like some little side mission in a video game that's left to do after you've already completed the grand main story missions.   

Yeah, you just can't go back to season 1 at this point, even though I still enjoy season 1. Its basically an entire season of monster of the week, fighting random monsters.

That's what made the first five seasons gold. They had a plan that covered that time span and kept it intriguing each season and kept getting better (though the finale of 5 was disappointing). Now it's pretty much a season to season arc that doesn't strongly tie to the previous except that you're seeing the aftermath instead of a continual build up. Sucks that the creator stepped away because it shows, though Season 6 is an exception imo.

That's what made the first five seasons gold. They had a plan that covered that time span and kept it intriguing each season and kept getting better (though the finale of 5 was disappointing). Now it's pretty much a season to season arc that doesn't strongly tie to the previous except that you're seeing the aftermath instead of a continual build up. Sucks that the creator stepped away because it shows, though Season 6 is an exception imo.

This.

The show was designed to run the course of 5 seasons, all the seasons built up to the show down with the devil.  In terms of good and evil you cant really top that.  The show has basically gone the way of Charmed which suffered a similar downward spiral after they beat the multi-season over-arching evil.  Now each season is just rehashing the same pattern between the bothers in between battling some type of season villain. 

If this was a UK show would have ended with S5, instead as long as ratings exceed costs guess we are going to keep flogging the horse.

Why is season to season based arcs bad? I wish all shows had one arc per season. That way every show wipild end finished, you wouldn't end the show with a stupid cliffhanger that only irritates people after the last episode and by the time the show starts up again everyone forgot what it was, making it pointless. Season end cliffhangers don't work.

I like shows that have episodes that end and seasons that end

Why is season to season based arcs bad? I wish all shows had one arc per season. That way every show wipild end finished, you wouldn't end the show with a stupid cliffhanger that only irritates people after the last episode and by the time the show starts up again everyone forgot what it was, making it pointless. Season end cliffhangers don't work.

I like shows that have episodes that end and seasons that end

I don't think anyone is saying that it's bad, but in the case of Supernatural, it excelled by building up and being more serialized rather than having isolated stories between seasons as it's done the last four. Having the creator leaving after the fifth season hasn't helped either.

Supernatural was best before they got super vested into the whole mega arc. And the best episodes where the stand alone filler eps.

• 1 month later...

Season 10 begins with Sam?s frantic search for his missing brother, who is gone without a trace. The road to recovering the wayward Dean takes Sam down dark paths, with consequences that will shake the boys to their core. Meanwhile, Castiel has to pick up the pieces in the aftermath of Metatron?s campaign. With his grace failing and rogue angels still on the loose, Cass will face the ticking clock of his own mortality as all-new threats emerge to once again push all of our heroes to their limits.

Source

• 2 weeks later...