Frozen's Elsa is Coming to ABC's "Once Upon a Time"

Speaking to The Hollywood Reporter, the show's executive producers Eddy Kitsis and Adam Horowitz said her story will be based on the movie and not the original fairy tale:

Horowitz: We are dealing with the world of Frozen. We are honored to be allowed to do it. We loved the movie. We fell in love with it when it came out last year like everyone did and we want to do our best to do it justice.

Eddy Kitsis: [What] we loved so much about the character of Elsa was that she was considered a villain but she never really really was. She was misunderstood. That, on our show, speaks to us so strongly, that it was a toy we had to play with. It?s funny because I see lots of people [saying] ?Oh! Did Disney ask them to do this?? It?s quite the opposite. It?s actually quite hard to get these characters on the show. It?s not like you get a call from Mickey Mouse saying, ?I want you to sell mermaids this week.? It?s the opposite. It?s very hard to get these. We were very honored that Disney allowed us to take this toy off the shelf and let us play with it.

ktLYTyX.jpg

Source

What's with the "#" ? Some kind of escape character or glitch pulling fields from the database?

It's a hashtag used to mark posts with metadata on twitter or other social media.  There's a tag for Frozen and another for Once Upon A Time.

It does look sort of weird the way they have it used in there though.

• 4 weeks later...

dgnvkx.png

TVLine has learned that casting is now underway for the aforementioned conflicted ice queen ? who was glimpsed (and played by a stand-in) at the close of Season 3 ? as well as her sister Anna and ice merchant Kristoff. Elsa will appear in approximately nine episodes, the others a bit less.

Source

• Like 1

Speaking to The Hollywood Reporter, the show's executive producers Eddy Kitsis and Adam Horowitz said her story will be based on the movie and not the original fairy tale:

It?s quite the opposite. It?s actually quite hard to get these characters on the show.

ok, so she's based on the movie character and not the fairytale(I didn't know the movie was from a fairy tale either actually...), but Disney don't own the fairy tale characters so how can it be hard  ? They could just say "well Disney said no, so let's use the character from the fairy tale instead". They make it out as if Disney owns all the old Fairy tale characters, 

• Like 1

ok, so she's based on the movie character and not the fairytale(I didn't know the movie was from a fairy tale either actually...), but Disney don't own the fairy tale characters so how can it be hard  ? They could just say "well Disney said no, so let's use the character from the fairy tale instead". They make it out as if Disney owns all the old Fairy tale characters, 

Disney owns ABC so OUAT should be able to do whatever they'd like Disney wise, really. Not sure why there are so many hoops. But, despite his comments many of the storylines on the show have been that of the Disney tellings of the tale.

ok, so she's based on the movie character and not the fairytale(I didn't know the movie was from a fairy tale either actually...)

Derived from Hans Christian Andersen's The Snow Queen, but with plot changes.

During a recent Earnings Conference Disney made it very clear Frozen is going to follow The Lion King and Beauty And The Beast to a Broadway show, and that a Beauty And The Beast will he a live action musical film.

One can expect a similar path for Frozen if the Broadway show does well.

As with anything the Disney versions of the tales is what people know, why use the original and have people who watch the show question things because the plots don't match up?  Besides, how many people know the original version of most, if not all, of the tales?  I only know about 2 or 3 off the top of my head, but the Disney versions?  Heck, I remember them all.

It's a hashtag used to mark posts with metadata on twitter or other social media.  There's a tag for Frozen and another for Once Upon A Time.

It does look sort of weird the way they have it used in there though.

Ugh, hashtags...

• 4 weeks later...

They look so much like the characters it is just uncanny :blink: .

Scirwode

53bc3831e04a2.png

Elizabeth Mitchell joins Cast

Mitchell has joined the cast of ABC?s Once Upon a Time for a season 4 arc as part of the much-anticipated Frozen-inspired storyline.

Mitchell?s Once Upon role isn?t being revealed yet, but we?re told she is ?possibly malevolent? with ties to royal Frozen sisters Anna (newcomer Elizabeth Lail) and Elsa (Fringe familiar Georgina Haig) as well as to Storybrooke and Arendell.

• 2 weeks later...

They look so much like the characters it is just uncanny :blink: .

Scirwode

Her eyes are too small.

RaDvzjm.png

The introduction of Frozen?s Elsa really was just the beginning: After her blonde braid made its appearance in the Once Upon a Time finale, there have been numerous other chilly additions to the cast, from Anna and Kristoff to, most recently, a troll king and a human prince.

EW has confirmed that actor John Rhys-Davies, who played Gimli in the Lord of the Rings series, has joined the Once cast as the voice of Pabbie the Troll King, with Shameless? Tyler Jacob Moore officially signing on as the morally questionable Prince Hans.

Once Upon a Time returns Sunday, Sept. 28 at 8 p.m. ET on ABC.

EW has confirmed that actor John Rhys-Davies, who played Gimli in the Lord of the Rings series, has joined the Once cast as the voice of Pabbie the Troll King (...)

But... Ciar?n Hinds!