Anyone vape? Just started. Was so easy to quit smoking!

Try dropping some of the vape on your tongue and you?ll find out. I did couple of times, seemed like I put on 4 nicotine patches at once.

Sure, I am no expert at nicotine and all of this but sure as hell it cant be good for you if its that addictive. :rofl: Last I cheked I can live fine without coffee without having any physological side effects. While being without nicotine a day or two Ill turn into a grumpy old man.  :rofl:

I didnt do it on purpose. The vape chamber started to leak and some of it got on my tongue, man, felt like crap for hours.

I didnt do it on purpose. The vape chamber started to leak and some of it got on my tongue, man, felt like crap for hours.

I didn't think you did, just a general warning to anybody reading this :)

I've had the liquid in my mouth, from where I've flooded the device, or just accumulated residue. It does not taste good. Never felt sick though.

How strong was it?  24mg+ would probably make you feel a bit queezy if you got enough of it in your mouth.

I've had the liquid in my mouth, from where I've flooded the device, or just accumulated residue. It does not taste good. Never felt sick though.

Oh gawd the first time is the worst, didn't get sick either from a nicotine OD or otherwise, you'll immediately want to rinse your mouth out regardless though, it's... nasty.  It may say Pina Colada flavored on the label, but in liquid form... not so much.   Learn a really good lesson on how not to fill your device doing that. 

I quit smoking in March last year using the electronic cigarettes! I started off on 2.4mg liquid and worked my way down to the point where I was using liquid with 0.2mg liquid and then I stopped completely for about 2 months.

Then....I went for a night out for the first time and my first instinct was to smoke, I thought what the hell, its one night! I was wrong so Im smoking again but im only smoking 1 when I wake up, 1 on lunch break at work, and 2/3 in the evening so as soon as my tobacco is done, im going to try and not buy anymore.

The actual physical habit is harder to break than the addiction imo.

I managed to stop smoking for 3 months with mine. I lost it when I moved and like a moron, instead of splashing out on a new one, I started smoking again thinking, it'll be fine, I'll just stop again when I get a new ecig.

Well, I got a new ecig and for some reason, it doesn't seem to stop the urges to smoke like it did the first time around, I keep switching from one to the other :/

I quit smoking in March last year using the electronic cigarettes! I started off on 2.4mg liquid and worked my way down to the point where I was using liquid with 0.2mg liquid and then I stopped completely for about 2 months.

Then....I went for a night out for the first time and my first instinct was to smoke, I thought what the hell, its one night! I was wrong so Im smoking again but im only smoking 1 when I wake up, 1 on lunch break at work, and 2/3 in the evening so as soon as my tobacco is done, im going to try and not buy anymore.

The actual physical habit is harder to break than the addiction imo.

Try getting some 0mg liquid for when you're on a night out. Might work, might not.

2.4mg is very low to start off at though, how did you manage that?! I started at 18mg, which I believe is similar to the amount you get in a real cigarette...

Coffee and tea (I know other things have caffeine, but these are the biggest carriers and most commonly used) both have also been shown to have antioxidant and anticancer properties, and even possibly slow or prevent age-related issues like dementia and Alzheimers. I have been reading about nicotine since first engaging in this topic, and can say that I've found what I've always sort of suspected--nicotine and caffeine are actually quite similar in the stimulant effect and overall lack of being directly harmful. Nicotine has an appetite-suppressant quality as well, whereas caffeine does not. Nicotine, however, is much more highly addictive. It stimulates the "reward centre" of the brain by producing dopamine (so also having a calming effect in addition to stimulant), whereas caffeine does not.

Caffeine certainly does have an appetite-suppressant quality. When I used to drink Relentless I could go all day without food (wasn't intentional, just something I noticed after drinking it regularly for a while). I would completely forget to eat and work through meals regularly. I had to "force" myself to eat just because I knew regardless of what my body felt, it needed fuel.

When you drink excessive amounts, i.e life dangering levels, then sure it would have the opposite effect, but you'd be talking hundreds of mg. Relentless for example has 150mg which is way more than your average cup of coffee, iirc around 9 standard cups I worked it out as back then. When you get to that stage you've got much bigger problems than appetite though :laugh:

Well, I got a new ecig and for some reason, it doesn't seem to stop the urges to smoke like it did the first time around, I keep switching from one to the other :/

It took a while for me to stick with mine full time, couple of weeks. Didn't taste the same, didn't hit the same, etc etc.. usually 2 or 3 a day with vaping for the rest until I finally switched permanently. Can't go back now, a year or so back I hit one of my wife's regular cigs, *gak* no thanks.

Oh man I love my vapes. I've been vaping about 3 years now and haven't looked back, analogues are dead to me. I sit there toking on my vapes at work, in the car, at the pub, at home... There's a lot of tolerance in public places with them. The biggest thing for me is the flavours and the good hit of nicotine. I started out on the cheap starter kits you can buy at petrol/gas stations, they didn't do much for me until a friend showed me his custom mod and atomiser... the nicotine hit was so overpowering after a few tokes. I've gradually move up into the higher-end "lightsaber" style of ecig. I've been on and off using drippers but half the time I can't be bothered with the cleaning and coil wrapping.

I have quite a collection of mods and atomisers, but these are my personal favourites:

WP_20140513_21_14_11_Pro_zps120056fe.jpg

Oh man I love my vapes. I've been vaping about 3 years now and haven't looked back, analogues are dead to me. I sit there toking on my vapes at work, in the car, at the pub, at home... There's a lot of tolerance in public places with them. The biggest thing for me is the flavours and the good hit of nicotine. I started out on the cheap starter kits you can buy at petrol/gas stations, they didn't do much for me until a friend showed me his custom mod and atomiser... the nicotine hit was so overpowering after a few tokes. I've gradually move up into the higher-end "lightsaber" style of ecig. I've been on and off using drippers but half the time I can't be bothered with the cleaning and coil wrapping.

I have quite a collection of mods and atomisers, but these are my personal favourites:

WP_20140513_21_14_11_Pro_zps120056fe.jpg

Those things look friggin amazing but I really don't want to go down that road. I could end up spending all the money I'm saving on cigarettes.

EDIT: Here's my starter kit. I just plan on getting some kind of tank system.

My_Starter_Kit.jpg

Edited by xdot.tk

Anyways.... Here are some DIY mods I made a while back.

post-18738-0-37313600-1400014672.jpg

post-18738-0-57182900-1400014731.jpg

post-18738-0-83426100-1400014761.jpg

post-18738-0-52238600-1400014795.jpg

Mostly made from torch/flashlight parts

Apologies for the rubbish photo filters, I was just having a bit of fun at the time :)

I started with e-cigarettes  about 5 months ago, never touched a real one since. However, I'm being realistic about this. The problem is not the nicotine, it's the gesture. You know, to "get something into the mouth". That's the real pain to let go to. I'm still on max nicotine (24mg), but I'm really starting to hate it, so I will go to a lower concentration at the next fill (18, or even lower). I don't feel the need to smoke, so that's a plus for me, I even hate the damn smoke now.

That being said, I really don't know if these e-cigs are healthy, like they say, or worse than real cigarettes. So I won't argue about this. But, to be honest, I don't see any improvements (yet) on my body, I still cough, I still can't run for more than 100 meters without loosing my breath, etc. (I smoked for 16 years, so this could be a reason :)) ). In fact, it's worse, I'm getting damn fat since I quit smoking, but I knew that this was something that can happen. 

I have been "vaping" for 6 months now, and have not touched a regular cigarette since. Unlike the poster above, I notice a massive difference in my health. I also am only doing 12 MG for the nicotine so perhaps that is why. But I coughed up some nasty stuff the first 3 months, then again a couple of weeks ago. I did some research and apparently that is a result of quitting the "analogs," so that is good to see.

The ultimate goal is obviously to quit completely, that is why I even picked up the vaping, but I am no doubt addicted to not only the nicotine, but as mentioned above, the act of smoking itself. I find it very relaxing. So yeah, I know I need to quit completely, but do not really want to just yet. That is the difference.

And to the members coming in here talking about how bad smoking is, how weak we all are, etc. etc., get off your high horse. I do not drink coffee at all. I see plenty of people who are dependent on it. You think I sit here and try and tell those people they are weak, etc? No, I realize to each their own. You would be much better off in life the sooner you realize the same.

Some of you people have some serious mods. I just have your standard 1000mAh and 1300mAh batteries and the Kanger Tech ProTank v2. I have considered the mods due to battery life, but man they just seem crazy. I am eyeing up a 1600mAh battery though. The new Vision Spinner 2.

• Like 2

I managed to stop smoking for 3 months with mine. I lost it when I moved and like a moron, instead of splashing out on a new one, I started smoking again thinking, it'll be fine, I'll just stop again when I get a new ecig.

Try getting some 0mg liquid for when you're on a night out. Might work, might not.

2.4mg is very low to start off at though, how did you manage that?! I started at 18mg, which I believe is similar to the amount you get in a real cigarette...

Ah that's what I meant! doh started at 24mg, worked my way down to 4mg lol

Caffeine certainly does have an appetite-suppressant quality. When I used to drink Relentless I could go all day without food (wasn't intentional, just something I noticed after drinking it regularly for a while). I would completely forget to eat and work through meals regularly. I had to "force" myself to eat just because I knew regardless of what my body felt, it needed fuel.

When you drink excessive amounts, i.e life dangering levels, then sure it would have the opposite effect, but you'd be talking hundreds of mg. Relentless for example has 150mg which is way more than your average cup of coffee, iirc around 9 standard cups I worked it out as back then. When you get to that stage you've got much bigger problems than appetite though :laugh:

Hmm, I think you're right, actually. I rarely eat anything in the mornings, and probably partially because of the coffee I don't even feel hungry until around lunchtime (the other part just being I'm naturally not a morning person and eating in the A.M. makes me sluggish and nauseated). You don't hear about people putting on weight after quitting caffeine, though, whereas it's a standard expectation when quitting cigs, especially cold-turkey. So I suspect it's a much stronger effect with the nicotine anyway.

I don't really hear about people quitting caffeine at all. Maybe I'm just not listening :whistle:

And now you're just killing yourself with who knows what is in them and I don't see how changing from 1 habit to another of this type is really that beneficial, other than the smell?

I've been vaping for years now, and I know exactly what's in them because I mix my own liquid, and before that I bought my liquid from people who basically made their own and then ended up going into business doing it.  It's nicotine, flavoring, and propyline glycol and/or vegetable glycerine.  That's it.  Except for the nicotine it's nothing that most Americans don't already ingest in their food/candy/soda daily, and they are substances that the FDA has been claiming for years is perfectly safe.  All this FUD about unknown chemicals that they are spreading around is to scare people away from doing it so the tobacco companies don't lose money.

Yes, it really is that beneficial.  Since the only thing you are putting into your body that is harmful is nicotine, you are cutting out the 80 someodd carcingens and 4000 chemicals found in cigarettes.  You won't be inhaling the tar created by burning cigarettes.  It's mostly harmless to you and completely harmless to those around you.  It not only smells better, but it doesn't cling to your clothes, skin and hair and make you reek like an ashtray long after you've smoked.  You regain your lung capacity and sense of smell and taste, the same as if you had quit altogether.

Obviously stopping smoking only to replace it with vaping is not as good as completely quitting.  You're not even replacing one habit with another; you're changing the delivery device.  However, it should be clearly obvious to anybody that it is much, much safer and healthier.  If you can't quit it's the next best thing.

I actually used it as an aid to help me drop the habit and it worked wonders.

Started from High Nicotine and worked myself down to No Nicotine for a while until I eventually broke the habit. Saved a bloody fortune.

Anything you inhale is going to damage your lungs. I quit the ciggies cold turkey 9 years ago after 20 odd years as a smoker and the only inhaling I do now is to breathe lol

• Like 2