Anyone vape? Just started. Was so easy to quit smoking!

Nah, my doctor put me on Champix (Varenicline) last October and I haven't touch a cigarette since. I wholly recommend this, other products are just not worth the money.

My doctor also prescribed me with Champix back in 2008, I had quite a bad experience with it. Whilst it did work as intended I couldn't see the entire course through, it was making me feel ill and I followed the instructions to the word. I went back to my doctor and he told me that a few people had reported similar experiences. There's even reports of it being linked to suicides:

http://www.ibtimes.com/stop-smoking-pill-champix-raises-suicidal-tendencies-193045

http://www.lawyersandsettlements.com/features/chantix/chantix-scrutinized.html#.U33OXtxdWSI

http://whyquit.com/pr/052108.html

It's not something I'd personally try again, the list of potential side effects is quite terrifying. I had much better results with Zyban and quit for over a year with it, after that it's all down to will power which I don't have so much of. I'm quite happy with vaping like I have been for a few years now and will continue indefinitely.

If you want to suck stuff into your lungs, harmful or not, that's your choice and your right. But you don't get to force it on people who don't want to inhale it.

I don't want to breathe in your breath, therefore you shouldn't exhale air from your lungs.

What harm does it do? None? You're talking about a small puff of smoke that disappears into the air, unless someone is blowing it right into your face, I doubt you'll even notice.

I don't want to breathe in your breath, therefore you shouldn't exhale air from your lungs.

What harm does it do? None? You're talking about a small puff of smoke that disappears into the air, unless someone is blowing it right into your face, I doubt you'll even notice.

Its not even smoke, its water vapor.

Its not even smoke, its water vapor.

I just don't like it because it smells like crap (to me at least).  I have a networking guy that I work with a lot who vapes, and it makes me nauseous every time I smell it. 

Breathing isn't optional, vaping is.

I just don't like it because it smells like crap (to me at least).  I have a networking guy that I work with a lot who vapes, and it makes me nauseous every time I smell it. 

Ok then ban perfume, cologne, scented deodorant, food, and anything else that might *gasp* give off an odor you find offensive.

If you want to suck stuff into your lungs, harmful or not, that's your choice and your right. But you don't get to force it on people who don't want to inhale it.

is that what you tell the driver in front of you when his vehicle is blowing carbon monoxide and particulate matter at you?

You do realise that coffee is harmful, right? I used to drink coffee frequently and ended up with chest palpitations, which resulted in me going to hospital. Nowadays I'm strictly decaf. Lots of people have died from caffeine.

I was going to say that the coffee is not harmful but the caffeine, but you said it already. :)I too get palpitations and shallow breathing from too much caffeine and have also switched to decaf. I'll add that studies have shown that coffee is chocked full of antioxidants which can help to prevent certain types of cancers and other diseases.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/9105892/ns/health-fitness/t/coffee-top-source-healthy-antioxidants/#.U34s1fldURk

• Like 2

Ok then ban perfume, cologne, scented deodorant, food, and anything else that might *gasp* give off an odor you find offensive.

Amen!  Perfume/Cologne give me a terrible headache.  Probably would prefer that to body odor though.

Ive been using a Green Smoke e-cig for about 6mo. I quit smoking cigs 4mo ago. I miss it, but this e-cig is certainly helping. im at the point that i dont bring the e-cig to work or out in public w/ me. i pretty much only use it at home now. The problem is that it's creating another habit - i simply like to puff on it! it doesnt give me a buzz like a cigarette would; it's simply the act of smoking. i find myself chiefing the thing at night and have to put it down.

My doctor also prescribed me with Champix back in 2008, I had quite a bad experience with it. Whilst it did work as intended I couldn't see the entire course through, it was making me feel ill and I followed the instructions to the word. I went back to my doctor and he told me that a few people had reported similar experiences. There's even reports of it being linked to suicides:

http://www.ibtimes.com/stop-smoking-pill-champix-raises-suicidal-tendencies-193045

http://www.lawyersandsettlements.com/features/chantix/chantix-scrutinized.html#.U33OXtxdWSI

http://whyquit.com/pr/052108.html

It's not something I'd personally try again, the list of potential side effects is quite terrifying. I had much better results with Zyban and quit for over a year with it, after that it's all down to will power which I don't have so much of. I'm quite happy with vaping like I have been for a few years now and will continue indefinitely.

Yeah suicidal thoughts/actions can be a side affect but that can be true of other medications/treatments, but not everyone experiences side affects.

Ok, so I decided to go the vape route to try to get off cigarettes.

Anyone in the US (or outside the US with info on US stuff) have any recommendations as to which brand/kind to get and where to buy it from online?

Money as usual with me, is a limiting factor. I can't see myself being able to do anymore than about $40-50 to start with. Just for informational purposes that you guys know this in case price is a thing from different companies :)

Ok, so I decided to go the vape route to try to get off cigarettes.

Anyone in the US (or outside the US with info on US stuff) have any recommendations as to which brand/kind to get and where to buy it from online?

Money as usual with me, is a limiting factor. I can't see myself being able to do anymore than about $40-50 to start with. Just for informational purposes that you guys know this in case price is a thing from different companies :)

This looks like a cheap knockoff but you cant beat the price and it will probably do. 1.6 ml CE4+ Atomizer 650mAh Rechargeable Electronic Cigarette (Black) $7.09

Edit 1: (Just noticed. This doesn't come with a charger so you would need to get one)

Edit 2: Charger: Ego USB Charger Cable (Black) $1.79

Edit 3: No way, Jose. I found focalprice.com a few days ago but I just saw their delivery times and they blow.

Delivery time United States 15-20 calendar days

Delivery time In Peak Season 25-30 calendar days

Edit 4: Get this instead: eGO Electronic Cigarette CE4 Express Kit Comes with juice and it's only 19.95. Fast shipping.

That would be a good start just to test it out. Now all you need is some e-liquid/juice. I recommend not going for a tobacco flavor. I thought that's what I want but most people prefer other flavors. You may think you want a cigarette taste but it's not going to be like that. For me, tobacco flavors just tastes like I'm actually chewing on the cigarette.Gross! 

I'm still playing with different juices and everyone is different so I wont recommend anything beyond what I've already stated. 

Lucky for me, 200 yards from my place is a Mobil gas station that sells 10ml bottles for $5. That's way more expensive than what you can get online but they got me off the "analogs" as vapers like to call real cigarettes.

Good luck!

do the vaping fluid stuff not still contain Nicotine?

Yes but you can order 0% nicotine. I'm vaping 6 mg nicotine now which is like super light. I was at 11 last week. Hopefully I'll be at 0 soon but I might need some nicotine when I first wake up. That's when I feel the need for it the most.

Edited by xdot.tk

Ok so not focalprice.com I guess lol

And yeah, I am going to get a flavored liquid, I figured cherry or something vanilla or like that etc. So "juice" runs less than $5 a bottle? That's not bad, I thought it'd be more than that to be honest.

It's cheaper than $5 per 10 ml. That's from a local quick mart type store. It's more like $9 for 30 ml online and the stuff lasts a very long time. Some premium all organic juices are more but I haven't purchased any so far.

Was looking for some juice and came across a better deal for you LOC. Easy Electronic Cigarette Starter Kit | Virgin Vapor $14.99 Comes with juice.

This kit is super easy to use and super inexpensive!  A great way to introduce friends and family to vaping or to give it a try yourself without spending much money. 

The kit comes with everything you need to get started including:

1 x 1100 mAh battery

1 x CE4 clearomizer

1 x USB charger

Plus a free 4 mL bottle of Virgin Vapor e-liquid!  Free bottle comes in 100% VG and either 0 mg (no nicotine) or 12 mg (medium) nicotine level.

NOW AVAILABLE IN SEVEN GORGEOUS COLORS AND STYLES!

These people look like they make better juice than AquaVapor. Their juice is organic.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd stay away from those 2 companies. They look like your typical slick company trying to cash in. If you see what vapers call cigalikes(looks like a cigarette) on their front page, run. They have eGo type batteries on those 2 but I cant tell if they have the proper threading. You'll want an eGo type battery with what's called eGo threading and 510 threading.

If you're in the states, MadVapes is a good seller and member of the vaping community. They have this kit for $18.99. Not sure about the UK. You should join the ECF forum and have a look around there.

Yeah I'm in the US, so looking over the MadVapes site now and the ECF forum (which I discovered earlier while searching the googs about Tripl3's Ecig's).

Thanks for the heads up on the eGo stuff. Wasn't quite sure if that kind was important or not, apparently it is :)

• 2 months later...

And if so what brand / modell?

I bought me the joyetech ego cc a few days ago and loving it so far. Tastes much better as you have a wide range of liquids you can chose from. Bought me strawberry menthol which I like most so far but also tobacco n1 and champagne.

Also normal cigarettes block my nose and breathing but even cigarettes kinda free it that's another advantage

Used the Ego for a year or so, currently using a KangerTech EVOD and quite happy with it, prefer that tank/atomizer setup versus the Ego but that's just me. (Also helps I have a local store a few blocks away that carries the parts.) Haven't had a real cigarette in ~5 years now. Now just need to kick the nicotine habit itself.. one of these days.