Anyone vape? Just started. Was so easy to quit smoking!

I was a smoker and snuff user until December 2013. Since I have been 100% vaping. I am seeing the health benefits in breathing easier, taste is back, etc. I am currently using the Vision Spinner 1300ma battery.The Tabac BCC Tank. (this iteration works best for me) The vision spinner battery last all day and into the next dependent on how heavy I hit it. The Tabac BCC tank is a bottom fill. I hated those top fill tanks and they leaked on me. This one works the best with no leakage. I get a nice "hit" and it last me about 3-4 weeks until the coil burns out. You can also buy the coils only for about $11 a 5 pack.

What I use:

2 chargers 1 for home 1 for work $11 each (so far 7 months)

2 Vision 1 Spinner Batteries $35 each (so far 7 months)

1 Tabac BCC Tank $9 (Been using this one for 7 months)

5 Pack of coils $ 11 (1 coil lasts about 3-4 weeks could get 5-6 if you don't mind the burnt taste )

1 30Ml bottle of juice 12 mg $22 (lasts about 2 weeks)

199920_491502297540059_593747471_n.jpg 

I quit smoking using ecigs and haven't gone back. Currently I'm using a KangerTech EVOD VV battery and KangerTech Mini Aero Tank but about to purchase this kit instead:

http://www.aspirecigonline.com/aspire-premium-kit-consisting-of-nautilus-mini-and-vv-battery-p-81.html

A friend of mine has the same tank but the large version and it works way better than any of the KangerTech or Joyetech (two of the biggest brands in this area) tanks I have tried. That kit comes with 1000mAH battery which should last you a couple of days and the tank should last you a good day or two as well - depends on how much you "vape" tho but even if you smoke a whole bunch you should get a full day's worth from both the battery and the tank. DO NOT buy those regular cigarette looking ecigs - they are absolute garbage, don't last for nothing and are complete waste of money you will just get annoyed and go back to smoking regular cigarettes in 2 days tops.

I buy my juices from www.ejuicemonkeys.com - a 30ml bottle costs $13 and some change and you get a free sample bottle with each purchase. Only thing that sucks is their shipping is $5 so essentially you're paying $18 for a 30ml and a 6ml bottle. I would recommend ordering their sample pack ($18) which will give you 5 x 10ml bottles and you can still get a 6th free sample one and figure out which juices you like. I personally would suggest finding at least 2 flavors that you like so you can alternate otherwise you will get used to a certain kind fairly quick and might not find it as enjoyable anymore.

Cheers.

Currently I'm using a KangerTech EVOD VV battery and KangerTech Mini Aero Tank but about to purchase this kit instead:

Hrmm - think my local retailer has that, name sounds familiar. Been pretty happy with my KangerTech but.. post a review when you get it, may switch if it's worth it.

I will should be getting it sometime next week but he let me use one of his tanks (he has 2) for a week and the flavor was so much richer and smoother using the same juice. They use different ceramic coils which are much bigger than the Kanger ones so as soon as you see the coil you will see why it works so much better (and in the end it's all about the coil). He uses the regular Aspire Nautilus tank with Vision Spinner 2 battery but I personally prefer something slightly more compact and that kit looks perfect - a little thicker than our Kanger batteries but also shorter for being 1000mAH...

They use different ceramic coils which are much bigger than the Kanger ones so as soon as you see the coil you will see why it works so much better (and in the end it's all about the coil).

Yea that I have noticed, I've gone thru various models and the coils are still fairly small. It does do a decent hit and all but it could be better. Now I know the lifespan varies depending on the fluid used (I noticed, at least for mine, the darker the fluid is, the less life you get out of the atomizer), but just out of curiosity, in your opinion how's the lifespan fare versus the smaller ones?

Been using eGo-T (can't remember, but think with a 900mah battery) with CE4 atomizers that I bought for five bucks (as a kit) for a few months now and it isn't terrible. But after using it, I decided to try something different and ordered myself Vamo V5 for about 30 bucks as an upgrade. Also purchased a few different atomizers for it (tumbler and vivi nova) to try.

Will tell how they're after using them for a bit. Read good things about them.

KangerTech Evod here and absolutely zero problems with it.  Well worth the money, good quality product and feels sturdy and well built to me.

KangerTech Evod here and absolutely zero problems with it. Well worth the money, good quality product and feels sturdy and well built to me.

Love the feel as well feels more luxury than normal cigarettes indeed

I use a G-pen for my medical marihuana concentrates :D

happy birthday!

You might check out www.volcanoecigs.com. They're based in Hawaii, but you usually get your stuff in about 3 days. I should've mentioned that a while back.  I have a massive list of ecig shops though.  I usually recommend Volcano to beginners. They have great customer service. They have a few mall kiosks stateside, too. You don't need to buy a full kit if that's too expensive; all you really need is a battery, a cartomizer/tank, and a charger (and some liquid, or course).

• 2 weeks later...

Got the vamo v5 two days ago. The thing is ######ing amazing and much better than my previous ego-t I was using.

Very happy with it so far. The only thing that's bad, is that the atomizers that came with are pure ######. I don't even know what they are. Here's a pic of one that I used and later washed immediately after (the only good thing about it by the way. Very easy to clean it):

http://i.imgur.com/uQtUPHa.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/nHFi5hy.jpg

The wicks on it are non-existing, which result in terrible leakage problem that ruins it all. So had to go back to my old CE4. But even with the old atomizer, the thing is still really good. The taste is much better and the amount of vapor is just crazy compared to what ego-t was producing. And I'm not even using the vamo v5 in full power. Used this chart that I found online: http://i.imgur.com/5qsCxOG.jpg and set the voltage to 4, as the vamo v5 showed the atomizer had 2.4 ohms.

Still didn't get the atomizers that I ordered (vivi nova and tumbler), but can't wait to get them and try them with the vamo v5. Hopefully, the results are going to be much better than with CE4. And if they're better, I'm ######ing set. Because I'm already happy with the results that I get with the CE4.

• 2 weeks later...

I too am giving this very serious consideration. I've not yet taken the plunge, but definitely interested in the whole thing.

The cost of regular smokes doesn't bother me too much because in my line of work, I'm always getting hold of duty-frees so that doesn't bother me, but obviously, as is usual, the health thing really kicks in when you actually start to believe it, and now is the time for me to actually do something about it.

Just a case of getting hold of one of these kits and giving it a whirl.

One question though because I never actually got a decent answer out of anyone, does it make your breath or clothes stink?

One question though because I never actually got a decent answer out of anyone, does it make your breath or clothes stink?

None what so ever. If anything, there's a slight smell of the flavour you've got in it briefly in the room after but that goes in seconds. 

Been vaping for close to 2 years now. Used to smoke 1-2 packs a day. On the plus side, I feel much better, stopped coughing and don't stink of cigarettes. On the negative side of things, no idea how much nicotine I'm getting now, but never OD'ed so far. Also, vaping causes some mouth/throat dyrness so make sure you drink lots of water. 

Of course, most of the liquids are made in China so the QC on contaminants is probably lacking. It's true that no one know yet what the long term effects of vaping are, but I short term I know what my body tells me.

I've been reading a lot lately about acts governments are taking, considering taking or plan on taking. One that really annoys me is when some want to ban vaping in public places because the may "normalize smoking again". ARGH!!! :angry:

The problem is that some people assume that it doesn't bother anyone. I have a guy in the office who vapes at his desk and the smell of it makes me feel sick.

I haven't said anything because I know he was a heavy smoker so if this is helping then I'll try and put up with it but I certainly mind it.

Should have linked to the article that that blog post linked: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/journalists/sarah-knapton/11056964/Ban-toxic-e-cigarettes-indoors-says-World-Health-Organisation.html

Which still says that vaping is safer than smoking and filled with generalization. You can get e-liquid without any nicotine or make one yourself at home, if you're unsure of the content in the liquid.

The problem is that some people assume that it doesn't bother anyone. I have a guy in the office who vapes at his desk and the smell of it makes me feel sick.

I haven't said anything because I know he was a heavy smoker so if this is helping then I'll try and put up with it but I certainly mind it.

What flavor of e-liquid he's using? Try gifting him some other one with better smell (some fruits for example), so you wouldn't need to say something about you not liking the smell.

Ive been thinking of trying them out. Ive never smoked so Id get the nicotine free variety. Any issues with exhaling water vapor around PCs and other electronics?

If you never smoked why get it in the first place? Surely these are made for people to quit apparently. If anything they trying to hook people to smoke, by adding stupid flavours and so on. Becuase everyone knows that if cancer levels dropped then a bunch of people would be out of their jobs. Just like cancer research. Iam sure that there is already a care but why bother doing anything if you get free donations? Its all business, and the sooner people realize the better.

If you never smoked why get it in the first place? Surely these are made for people to quit apparently. If anything they trying to hook people to smoke, by adding stupid flavours and so on. Becuase everyone knows that if cancer levels dropped then a bunch of people would be out of their jobs. Just like cancer research. Iam sure that there is already a care but why bother doing anything if you get free donations? Its all business, and the sooner people realize the better.

Alot of people who don't smoke real cigarettes started smoking these for social reasons. Hipsters....

I don't think they were made for people to quit. I had the impression that they were a cheaper, and less health damaging way to get your fix. They work good for people who do want to quit smoking because you can gradually reduce the nicotine levels.

i'm not a smoker, other than an occasional cigar when i'm sitting outside thinking about stuff (relaxing), but we sell these at the shop so i got some to mess around with. Mostly all hurt my throat. I'm not an expert in them, i heard there were several types of liquids and some people are sensitive to some of the types.

Menthol for me seems to be okay. Maybe i'm just a weakling.

I think i'd rather stick to the actual cigars. I love the smell, and I rarely ever inhale them anyways.

All the people who say they now quit and only use Vape, to be honest you are all just fooling yourselves. The fact is you havent quit, becuase you still do the same thing, only now get it through a different method. You quit when you stop craving it completely. Doesnt matter if its e-cig or not the fact is youre still doing same thing.

Its the same thing as drug addicts swallowing pills, then decide to inject instead. Same drug, different delivery method doesnt mean you stopped.

All the people who say they now quit and only use Vape, to be honest you are all just fooling yourselves. The fact is you havent quit, becuase you still do the same thing, only now get it through a different method. You quit when you stop craving it completely. Doesnt matter if its e-cig or not the fact is youre still doing same thing.

Its the same thing as drug addicts swallowing pills, then decide to inject instead. Same drug, different delivery method doesnt mean you stopped.

No, its not the same thing as swallowing pills, or injecting yourself with hardcore drugs.

It anything, its the same as having a morning coffee, or an extra scoop of sugar in your cereal. All stimulants.

Maybe they don't need to quit? if its not harming their health (avoid the sensationalist "news" articles, that have no real proof either way).

If they can get the drug of choice (we all have ours) without killing themselves, why not? Why be so negative about it? Should be happy any someone reduces the negative health risks on themselves and others.

Personally, i don't see why you're so passionate about what other people do with their own bodies.

Stop trying to make people feel bad about themselves, and go live your own life.

• Like 1