Anyone vape? Just started. Was so easy to quit smoking!

:rolleyes: I smoked full strength cigarettes and ordered high nicotine at first and it was way too strong. I'm on the lows now and plan on going to zero nicotine.

$19.95

EDIT: BTW, nicotine is not harmful. It's kinda like coffee. Do you hate Starbucks too?

Harmless!?

I think you need a little education.

Nicotine alone isn't nearly as harmful as nicotine + all the other crap in cigarettes.

Whilst true, don't fool yourself into thinking it's harmless either.

Going on 2 weeks now without a cigarette. Have absolutely no desire for one either.

If you're a smoker you just have to give vaping a go. You wont be sorry. You can get a decent starter kit for under $20.

I was blowing $250 a month on stinky ashes and killing myself.

What vape do you use?  My mates use one and no longer smoke, so I should do the same.

Obviously stopping smoking only to replace it with vaping is not as good as completely quitting.  You're not even replacing one habit with another; you're changing the delivery device.  However, it should be clearly obvious to anybody that it is much, much safer and healthier.  If you can't quit it's the next best thing.

I agree, tentatively.  However, you just can't beat quitting.  I did it myself just under 15 years ago and haven't looked back. Mind you, I had a really good incentive to quit, my wife fell pregnant with our first and I just will not smoke around pregnant women or kids!

Crushed out the one I was smoking, tossed the rest of the pack in the bin, haven't smoked since!  (For those interested, the worst of the cravings were gone in only a couple of weeks, so do try it!).

Congrats! I did the same not long ago and as of April 8th, I have been smoke free myself. I used one of those flavored e-cigs just for the hand habit, but after one of them not lasting, I just tossed it and ate more food. :) lol. Now over a month, and, to be honest, it doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would. Now to loose the 12 pounds I gained from eating to occupy my hands and mouth. :( Was quite surprised how easy it was to quit after 21 years of smoking..

Harmless!?

Thanks. I'll have to read that.

What vape do you use?  My mates use one and no longer smoke, so I should do the same.

I use an Ego style battery with clearomizers. This but with the CE5's for free. CE5's have replaceable heads so you dont have to throw them out once they gunk up. I ordered a spare battery to start so that one can be on charge while I use the other. Later on, I ordered a variable voltage spinner type.

For juices, I've ordered Windstone tobacco flavor with my initial order and don't like it at all. The corner gas station carries VaporX Formula51 10ml bottles at 6 dollars a pop. Thats amazingly cheap for a brick and mortar quick mart type of store.  I got a few flavors and loved the Vanilla Dream. I love peppermint (constantly sucking on Tic Tacs) so I ordered a big bottle of the Ultamint( I think that's the name) from madvapes.com but it taste like menthol to me. I still have some grape and blueberry from the corner store so going through those now. Not as good as the vanilla but they're OK. Guess I like something mildly sweet. Everyone has their own preference.

I did that a looong time ago, quit for ~3 years in my 20's, wasn't easy.  Fell into the "oh just one won't hurt me" trap, sure as hell did.  Just don't have that willpower anymore, ugh.  Kudos if you make it all the way.

Thanks, yea I've had that feeling a couple of times of "one won't hurt me" but got passed it.  Now i just like candy more and have the same reaction of eating a Milky Way the way Seth Rogen and James Franco did in 'This is the End'.

I agree, tentatively.  However, you just can't beat quitting.  I did it myself just under 15 years ago and haven't looked back. Mind you, I had a really good incentive to quit, my wife fell pregnant with our first and I just will not smoke around pregnant women or kids!

Crushed out the one I was smoking, tossed the rest of the pack in the bin, haven't smoked since!  (For those interested, the worst of the cravings were gone in only a couple of weeks, so do try it!).

Vaping isn't about quitting.  Vaping is about getting your nicotine in a way that is more enjoyable and less harmful.  People have used vaping as a gateway to quitting, but it is not a smoking cessation method.  If vaping is outlawed or taxed to the point where it becomes unfeasible for the average person then most vapers will probably just go back to smoking.  Personally, I'd probably just find a way to get my gear illegally.

Nonsense.  Oxygen, for example, say Hi

Oxygen is a poison.  Good luck avoiding it, though; ironically we kind of need it to live.

Personally, I'd probably just find a way to get my gear illegally.

I hear that. I get regulation and approve of it actually, keep it out of kids hands, etc etc.. but if they try and tax it sky-high like they do cigs.. well, I'm not sure what I'll do exactly but I'm sure it won't be legal. Go back to smoking cigs? Screw that, I'll try and sue the crap out of them first just to see what happens and then start importing from China or something.

Oxygen is a poison.  Good luck avoiding it, though; ironically we kind of need it to live.

All you have done with this is prove that anything is good or bad dependant upon dosage

Yeah, not really what I was aiming at. Obviously too little or too much oxygen can be especially harmful or even fatal, but even at normal levels it is harmful.

Harmless!?

You like caffeine? Harmless!?

Wait, what am I reading? The harmful effects of both nicotine and caffeine are almost identical!?

You like caffeine? Harmless!?

Wait, what am I reading? The harmful effects of both nicotine and caffeine are almost identical!?

I don't really drink coffee, or tea, or anything with caffeine in it. :p

Harmless!?

Referring to education and posting Wikipedia articles? Please.

http://dengulenegl.dk/English/Nicotine.html

My argument is, with the positive effects of nicotine outlined above can be delivered without the hamful toxins. Is nicotine such a bad thing?

Vaping isn't about quitting.  Vaping is about getting your nicotine in a way that is more enjoyable and less harmful.  People have used vaping as a gateway to quitting, but it is not a smoking cessation method.  If vaping is outlawed or taxed to the point where it becomes unfeasible for the average person then most vapers will probably just go back to smoking.  Personally, I'd probably just find a way to get my gear illegally.

My thoughts exactly, I enjoy my vape and also attending our regional meetup once a month with a few beers and a cloud chasing battle. Truth is I don't have the will power to quit, I've tried numerous times until I found vaping and have been for 3 years without looking back. As you say, it's nicotine delivery in a less harmful way. Most studies have concluded that vaping is far less harmful, though the long terms effects still need to be established. The market is booming at the moment and has done over the past few years. The EU is trying to restrict us to 4mg per 30ml bottle, along with some other restrictions. Like yourself I would probably also buy my gear and liquid illegally.

There seems to be some evidence to support the case that vaping helps people quit. If it works, I say try it out.

Nah, my doctor put me on Champix (Varenicline) last October and I haven't touch a cigarette since. I wholly recommend this, other products are just not worth the money.

I just can't get used to using it everyday. I have cut back smoking a ton, but it just gets old after awhile.

I just can't get used to using it everyday. I have cut back smoking a ton, but it just gets old after awhile.

What device are you using?

I've been reading a lot lately about acts governments are taking, considering taking or plan on taking. One that really annoys me is when some want to ban vaping in public places because the may "normalize smoking again". ARGH!!!  :angry:

I've been reading a lot lately about acts governments are taking, considering taking or plan on taking. One that really annoys me is when some want to ban vaping in public places because the may "normalize smoking again". ARGH!!!  :angry:

If you want to suck stuff into your lungs, harmful or not, that's your choice and your right. But you don't get to force it on people who don't want to inhale it.

Nah, my doctor put me on Champix (Varenicline) last October and I haven't touch a cigarette since. I wholly recommend this, other products are just not worth the money.

My dad used that to give up smoking after 50 years.