European GameCube Launch

Just browsing a ninty site and saw this :D

----------------------------------------------------

May 3rd is the date, ?249/?150 is the price! Sources have indicated that the cube is launch here in Euroland for half the price of an Xbox. We love you Nintendo!

Nintendo we expected to launch the Cube for a rather reasonable ?330/?200. But sensationally Nintendo are to release the Cube for a whopping ?150 less than the Xbox, in a move which should ensure success for Nintendo. These details were leaked from Nintendo insiders earlier today, and thanks to Computer and Videogames online we can reveal more information on this highly anticipated console launch.

Around 20 titles have been confirmed for release alongside the console when it launches in Europe; including Luigi's Mansion, Wave Race: Blue Storm, Sonic Adventure 2: Battle, Batman, FIFA, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3, Star Wars: Rogue Leader and Crazy Taxi. Smash Brothers Melee and the stunning Resident Evil GC are set to hit stores shortly after launch on May 24, with Pikmin following soon after on June 14.

Is this true then? wheres the site. If this is true, I'm gonna be first in the queue in EB (although May 3rd is a long way away) but it'll come out in time for me finishing my degree so GC 24/7 methinks...

Massive bargain considering Xbox is ?300, I've only seen it selling in packages as well, Dixons have it with two games and a controller for ?405 ($567!!!), nice to see we're paying almost the same as the americans (~$210)