My cat saved my son

I never imagined a cat would do that... wow. That dog would probably get put to sleep in the UK for that incident.. 

Animal control already took it away, I don't know if they killed it yet but most likely they will.

Ah, ok.  Thanks.  The last bit wasnt in the OP vid.

I wasn't sure what the policy was about posting videos of a graphic nature, so I found one that didn't show the wounds. Sorry.

Wicked shoulder charge!!

I'm glad there are very few dog owners where I live.

It's nice not having to worry about my son being mauled by a wild animal.

My dad had a huge black Maine Coon named Blacky, well over 30 lbs which isn't unusual for the breed. Looked like a flippin panther. Crazy thing thought it was a dog, even chased cars, and no dog in its right mind would challenge him. A Demon from Hell, that one.

I live in a Unit, not fair to the Cat. When we buy our House (which we're in the middle of right now) I'll finally be able to get one. It shall be my minion and do all my biddings!

Or, it'll just give you a filthy look and go back to sleep... :p

Go cat go!

I had a cat that fought off a fox once.

My cat now won't even fight a bug. Lazy.

A moth landed on my cats nose a week ago.  He just looked at it then went back to sleep...

I bet I can get it to sleep 16 hours day.

I need to know this secret of cat sleeping, anything to stop the little buggers running the house like lunatics.

I need to know this secret of cat sleeping, anything to stop the little buggers running the house like lunatics.

Play with them so they get tired, works the same as with kids.

My male cat's favorite is playing catch with paper balls, runs like mad to grab it and brings it back for another throw. Rinse and reapeat until he drops down like "ok, enough".

Oh yeah, actually, my Ex had a chihuahua and it was the most vicious Dog I've ever seen. Thankfully it couldn't even draw blood because it wasn't strong enough to break skin, unless you pulled away quickly from fear of the bite, which some people did. Screw Chihuahua's.

Cats though, I like Cats. Probably obvious. I've met a few Cats I didn't like but most are just awesome. I wish I had a Cat :(

Chihuahua is not a dog. It's an overfed rat.

You can never be 100% certain about a dog's behaviour. Especially a terrier's. We have a Patterdale Terrier and a Doberman. The little terrier is easily the boss and the one I wouldn't trust round little ones even if she is very small.

I never understood terriers until I saw her try and kill another dog. All sweet and innocent and then BAM 'I need to kill that'

Owners responsibility to know their dog. Certain breeds of dogs and mongrels who contain those breeds shouldn't be allowed off their lead in public. Our Terrier is now muzzled whenever she goes out and isn't allowed off the leash.

• Like 1

You can never be 100% certain about a dog's behaviour. Especially a terrier's. We have a Patterdale Terrier and a Doberman. The little terrier is easily the boss and the one I wouldn't trust round little ones even if she is very small.

I never understood terriers until I saw her try and kill another dog. All sweet and innocent and then BAM 'I need to kill that'

Owners responsibility to know their dog. Certain breeds of dogs and mongrels who contain those breeds shouldn't be allowed off their lead in public. Our Terrier is now muzzled whenever she goes out and isn't allowed off the leash.

Unfortunately most owners don't think like this.  They either miss the warning signs or choose to ignore it.  People forget these dogs were bred to hunt.

That cat needs a medal!

I see a huge law suit and a Dog being put down.

The Cat was adopted when the boy was born, so the Cat sees the boy as her own Kitten.

That Cat is a proper Cat, shame the Dog was not a proper Dog.

That boy would had been dead a minute later if the Cat or mother was not around.

Dog didnt bite the kid.  Look liked it was his shoe/sock that he was after.  If he was bitten, doubt the kid would be walking or the mom left her lay there. Still aggressive for a dog to do something like that..

Did you watch the video all the way through?  Kid got 10 stiches and the wounds were NASTY.   

Did you watch the video all the way through?  Kid got 10 stiches and the wounds were NASTY.   

OP vid had the end cut off.  Another user posted the full video which I replied to.  So since the OP didnt have the full vid, I didnt see the end initially.

I never imagined a cat would do that... wow. That dog would probably get put to sleep in the UK for that incident.. 

You see, this is what I hate about the general perception of cats. They not might be neurotically-all-over-your-face-i-need-love like dogs, but they are loving too. There are many zoologist studies that show that cats even see the family's youngest as their own kittens.

Three personal experiences from two cats:

I had a cat named Rabishu (my most loved cat pal ever). One day this guy went to my house looking for a fight. I gentlemanly obliged and we were at it when, from I dont know where, Rabishu jumped over this guy's back and did some very nasty scratches, almost like xacto cuts.

Years later Rabishu got a very nasty cut from barbed wire. It resulted harmless because it was only hide deep but it was very painful. He thought he was dying, the veterinarian said. This is important because, after getting the cut from quite far (the nearest fence with barbed wire from the house was about 4 blocks distance) he carried himself all the way back, found a way to snuck into the house and laid in my bed waiting for me.

Now, my mom have this cat, Pusheen, a very tender and loving siamese. I gave her to my mom in order to help her overcome my dad's suicide.

Pusheen, without any training at all, does something since she was very little, and it's a very caring and moving action indeed: Every time my mom cries Pusheen insists her to carry her and once my mom lift her she starts licking her tears. If my mom happens to be on the bed or a couch in a crisis then Pusheen simply jumps over and do the same, without asking.

This is tenderness. This is love.

• Like 4

If the cat wears a medal, then he will act like Flavor Flav.

:rolleyes:

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!! XD

You see, this is what I hate about the general perception of cats. They not might be neurotically-all-over-your-face-i-need-love like dogs, but they are loving too. There are many zoologist studies that show that cats even see the family's youngest as their own kittens.

Three personal experiences from two cats:

I had a cat named Rabishu (my most loved cat pal ever). One day this guy went to my house looking for a fight. I gentlemanly obliged and we were at it when, from I dont know where, Rabishu jumped over this guy's back and did some very nasty scratches, almost like xacto cuts.

Years later Rabishu got a very nasty cut from barbed wire. It resulted harmless because it was only hide deep but it was very painful. He thought he was dying, the veterinarian said. This is important because, after getting the cut from quite far (the nearest fence with barbed wire from the house was about 4 blocks distance) he carried himself all the way back, found a way to snuck into the house and laid in my bed waiting for me.

Now, my mom have this cat, Pusheen, a very tender and loving siamese. I gave her to my mom in order to help her overcome my dad's suicide.

Pusheen, without any training at all, does something since she was very little, and it's a very caring and moving action indeed: Every time my mom cries Pusheen insists her to carry her and once my mom lift her she starts licking her tears. If my mom happens to be on the bed or a couch in a crisis then Pusheen simply jumps over and do the same, without asking.

This is tenderness. This is love.

I did make my comments as someone who did grow up around cats, and has lived with plenty of cats... so not an ignorant comment.

Prefer dogs by a mile ;)