KDE ships version 5.2 of plasma next workspace

I'd have to respectfully disagree there.

Ya me too. It's good not great, still has a hint of linux.

A Linux-based desktop environment has a 'hit of Linux'. You don't say. post-1302-0-96562400-1425826330.gif

A desktop environment has a hint of a kernel? Well, I'll award you 3 warwagons for that joke for making minimal sense.

Not to mention you get KDE for windows, so your comment makes even less sense than if you meant to put GNU/Linux.

A desktop environment has a hint of a kernel? Well, I'll award you 3 warwagons for that joke for making minimal sense.

Not to mention you get KDE for windows, so your comment makes even less sense than if you meant to put GNU/Linux.

Well the element OS is trying get away from the Linux Look and more to the Mac OS look.

Well the element OS is trying get away from the Linux Look and more to the Mac OS look.

yep and seems to lack about 100 options. for me it feels simply too castrated. btw. you can create that mac os look in kubuntu as well.

I agree, it's a tad too flat and bland.

Clicked on this and first post makes me go wow... scroll down to post and I have to endure 15 pages... dam looks so good.. this might be my next OS choice... thanks Jack

That KDE site is confusing... can't find the download link...

that's a desktop! nice

Could it be because KDE's design default looks so much like Windows 7 that it could almost be a clone?

Let's be honest, folks - other than wallpaper and icons, KDE 4.x could be a Windows 7 clone.  (Other than sheer minimalist fanatics, KDE is, after all, a favorite among Linux desktop users - including me.)

How much did Plasma 5 move from 4?

Even the default wallpaper didn't change THAT much.

KaOS now includes Plasma 5 as the default (replacing Plasma 4).

Now that I have enough HDD space, I'll be adding KaOS to my Linux VM library (Server 2012R2-based VM lab).

Could it be because KDE's design default looks so much like Windows 7 that it could almost be a clone?

Let's be honest, folks - other than wallpaper and icons, KDE 4.x could be a Windows 7 clone.  (Other than sheer minimalist fanatics, KDE is, after all, a favorite among Linux desktop users - including me.)

How much did Plasma 5 move from 4?

Even the default wallpaper didn't change THAT much.

KaOS now includes Plasma 5 as the default (replacing Plasma 4).

Now that I have enough HDD space, I'll be adding KaOS to my Linux VM library (Server 2012R2-based VM lab).

Really no. honestly, I've gotten myself stuck on windows because everything I do now, is on windows. If I could learn to break free.....

Linux uses its own libraries and filesystem I know. the look is different. the interaction is different.

The next release, which is plasma 5.3 already, could see new window decorations:

Decorations We may be looking forward to a new alternate decoration; originally based on Breeze and the result of a first-time hack gone too far,

Can that upside tool icon be moved , hidden or deleted ?  

sry i don't know what you mean. might mark it in the screenshot so i can see?

I did : http://imgur.com/M9b9JqV .

If that circled button can be moved as you said , it's fine . :)

oh you meant the cashew!!! now that's something different.

can be removed. ironically by installing another widget :laugh:

kde.jpg

oh you meant the cashew!!! now that's something different.

can be removed. ironically by installing another widget :laugh:

kde.jpg

Does the widget letting my desktop clean ? [ in its upside ] ?

Can I move the cashew all around that desktop ? 

Does the widget letting my desktop clean ? [ in its upside ] ?

Can I move the cashew all around that desktop ? 

by default you can move the cashew into all corners of your screen and also in the middle on the upside.

this widget removes the cashew completely so in that aspect everything will be clean

by default you can move the cashew into all corners of your screen and also in the middle on the upside.

this widget removes the cashew completely so in that aspect everything will be clean

Many thanks , mate .