Arrow (Season 3)

Rila Fukushima Replaces Devon Aoki As Katana On Arrow

Cx1b95M.png[/b]

Devon Aoki had to drop out of Arrow due to a scheduling conflict? so who will take her place as Tatsu Yamashiro, otherwise known as Katana?

The new Katana will be Rila Fukushima, according to Deadline. Fukushima is no stranger to high-profile comic book material ? she played Yukio in last year?s movie The Wolverine.

Arrow Season 3 premieres October 8.

109430406618993862879691.png

Actress Amy Gumenick Joins ARROW As 'Cupid'

As the villainous guest stars continue to build up for season 3 of the CW's Arrow, Carrie Cutter (a.k.a. Cupid) may present the most unique set of problems for Oliver Queen (Steven Amell) yet. Amy Gumenick (young Mary Winchester in flashbacks on Supernatural) has been cast in the role, and according to EW the character will be just like her comic book counterpart -- "a lethal villainness with a dangerously obsessive crush on The Arrow." Says Arrow executive producer and creator of Cupid Andrew Kreisberg: ?I always loved the idea of Green Arrow having a crazed fan,? When I was writing the comic book, my big goal was to create a villain who would last. Cupid has since appeared in the DC Nation shorts on Cartoon Network, and to have her fight our TV Arrow is so much more than I ever could have hoped for the character.? Arrow returns to the CW on October 1st, and Gumenick is expected to appear in the sixth and seventh episodes.

I've been a bit behind on this thread, so are they finally going to stop trying to take characters from batman and focus on all the Arrow characters from the comics?  Please say this is the case, enough with taking all the well known batman characters to help push the show, I mean if it's as good as you believe it to be (and by you I mean the writers) then it should be able to do fine using it's own source material and Arrow characters/villains.  I get that some cross-over is good, but we're not getting a Batman TV series, outside of Gotham which is a prequel and, IMO, not something I actual care to see and I'm a huge Batman fan.  They can just do Arrow and Flash crossovers and who knows what other TV show they could try and pull but please god just stop with batman.

I thank god someone at WB said no to Harley and probably got them to change that whole Oracle title as well. 

I've been a bit behind on this thread, so are they finally going to stop trying to take characters from batman and focus on all the Arrow characters from the comics?

Nope :p And Harley might still be used!

That would've been pretty awesome if he actually did reprise that role!

I'm all for Movie/TV crossovers, it makes sense to have the same character who was a success in the movie to reprise the role in the TV series. That's why I think they should use Stephen Amell for the Justice League.

I'm all for Movie/TV crossovers, it makes sense to have the same character who was a success in the movie to reprise the role in the TV series. That's why I think they should use Stephen Amell for the Justice League.

I rather someone older play Green Arrow.

Only if the movie and tv-series are set in the same universe, which in this case they aren't. The JL film isn't set in the same universe either. And putting him next to Ben Affleck and Henry Cavill would be odd imo. I'd just love to see Liam Neeson as Ra's because he portrait him really well!

If we have an older Batman in the movies then any Green Arrow will also have to be around the same age or it doesn't make sense. 

?Arrow? Casts ?Riddick?s Matt Nable as Ra?s al Ghul

HbKN3Kt.jpg

According to Deadline, the Australian former-Rugby League footballer has landed the part after arriving on the scene in his first role in 2007. The actor may be best known to our readers for his role as ?Boss Johns? in the latest Riddick movie, taking on a leadership role with another group of hired killers (while showing he?s not afraid of getting his hands dirty).

Little is known about how this version of Ra?s al Ghul will differ from those previously seen on film or in the comics, but Nable fits the physical description that the showrunners were looking for quite well. And despite his relatively short resume, Nable?s ability to convey a likable and believable bounty hunter (in an American accent, no less) made him a standout in the action-focused Riddick.

As far as Arrow?s version is concerned, the leaked casting description sounds like the showrunners are staying faithful to the source material:

?An iconic villain from the pages of DC comics. Leader of the League of Assassins. Regal, mysterious, of a bygone era. Proud and unforgiving. Ra?s is a ruthless strategist, a master of martial arts, and a shaper of history. He carries the wisdom of the ages, and protects some of its greatest secrets.Think the character of Bane from The Dark Knight Rises. Someone just terrifying. Not a lunkhead, but a smart and physically imposing man.?

nW844zk.jpg

Nick Tarabay Joins as 'Captain Boomerang'

Another major DC supervillian will make his live-action debut on the CW's third season of Arrow. According to Entertainment Weekly, Spartacus' Nick Tarabay (who also appeared in Star Trek Into Darkness) has signed on to play Aussie nutcase, Captain Boomerang. The character is normally more of a thorn in Barry Allen's side, but it seems we'll be getting the best of both worlds as Tarabay is expected to debut as Boomerang in episode 7, and then also appear in episode 8 which will be the Flash crossover ep. For the purposes of the show "Harkness will be a former A.R.G.U.S operative, highly skilled in martial arts and espionage, with a deadly thirst for vengeance against his former employers." The Flash debuts Tuesday, Oct. 7 and Arrow returns for its third season on Wednesday, Oct. 8.

Hopefully Captain Boomerang goes to The Flash after having been in Arrow. They're just using too many enemies from other series.

Hopefully Captain Boomerang goes to The Flash after having been in Arrow. They're just using too many enemies from other series.

Yeah he appears in episode 7 of Arrow and then episode 8 of Flash