Sudan Woman Faces Death for Apostasy

If that's the case then you should talk about laws which are becoming a disease!

Laws don't become a disease. They do become outdated though and need ammending. And this is precisely the discussion here: should this law be changed? Executions are becoming less common around the world, shouldn't they lower the sentence for this "crime"? Or even better, abolish the law completely due to its oppressive nature. It's the equivalent of the situation in North Korea - think like us or you'll disappear, which just isn't right.

Laws don't become a disease. They do become outdated though and need ammending. And this is precisely the discussion here: should this law be changed? Executions are becoming less common around the world, shouldn't they lower the sentence for this "crime"? Or even better, abolish the law completely due to its oppressive nature. It's the equivalent of the situation in North Korea - think like us or you'll disappear, which just isn't right.

What you mean think like you?

What is the justification in a 21st century society for hanging someone for making a choice which is affecting no one but her?

That's the question that needs to be answered.  If the answer cannot be decoupled from teachings of slamic faith,then points about Islam being an oppressive faith are well founded

What you mean think like you?

The law in place makes it a crime to change your beliefs. If I were born in Sudan then there is a high probability that I would have been raised a muslim. But when I get older and start thinking for myself, I'm not allowed to say, "I have reached the conclusion that I don't believe in Islam anymore." Effectively I would be being told what to think, and if I disagreed - like this woman did - I will be punished for it according to the law of the country. That is what I mean.

They don't care about the things in their countries, look at the rape stats and suicidal rates in Europe and US. Every 2 minues, a single american is raped and the rapist will not go to jail, heck the police will not be reported in most cases. This is the civilised society!

You mean as opposed to Islam countries where women get jail and stoned for being raped.

And where Muslim men come to western countries and consider it ok to rape western women because they don't dress according to how they think they should or because they drink... Yeah...

• Like 2

I can understand Sudan's way of thinking, but I believe the law behind it inhibits free thinking. One should be allowed to switch to a different religion (though, in her case, she was raised by a Christian mother, left by her Muslim father, which automatically makes her Muslim, she never really switched)

Muslims should be able to prove, and want to prove, that Islam is an okay religion, is not violent (as media outlets and zealots will say), and is able to exist in the 21st century, because this law doesn't belong in the 21st century. Until then, this event will only add fuel to the fire in the debate of whether or not Islam is a peaceful religion. If these events keep happening, there's no telling what our media is going to do. So please try to stop this.

But... Muslims would never do such a thing! The Qu'ran says people can leave Islam if they want, right?  It's a religion of peace!

There is no compulsion in religion!!!!11111111

(Except in the case of apostasy. Then it's all about compelling folk.)

• Like 2

You mean as opposed to Islam countries where women get jail and stoned for being raped.

And where Muslim men come to western countries and consider it ok to rape western women because they don't dress according to how they think they should or because they drink... Yeah...

Have you ever seen the position of so-called developed countries? Let's see:

U.S.A

Now here comes the super power of the world. But hang on! This super power is at the first position in the race of rapes. Males are majorly the rapist holding a proportion of 99%. Out of all the victims, 91% are females while 9% are males. Out of all, only 16% of the total cases are reported. Outdoor rape is not common in USA rather most of the rape cases takes place inside homes. Girls in the villages are at risk more than those living in populated cities. Almost the quarter of the college girls are reported to be the raped ones mostly at the age of 14. It has been reported that the lady officers in US army also do not feel safe as they are sexually assaulted even at the fields. So if USA has to keep her identity as a SUPER POWER, she needs to come over this crime immediately.

about_victims.jpg

sa_statistics.jpg

reporting.jpg

about_offenders.jpg

Here's more:

3) United Kingdom

A number of people wish to live or even visit UK as it is one of the most developed countries. But they surely must not be aware that this country is also involved badly in the crime of rape. A number of taxi rapes take place in UK. And the state keeps on making ladies aware that no single woman is safe in taxi. The most vulnerable case is that a girl was raped 90 times in one week.

post-173562-0-15177900-1400240170.jpg

Source 1 and Source 2 and Source 3

I mean, in the article, it says she had a muslim father who left her, and she was raised by a christian mother. Naturally, one would assume she was Christian, though, if I'm assuming correctly, the government believed that due to the fact that her father was muslim (Even though he left her at a young age and never impacted her with his beliefs), she was muslim too, so when she married a Christian man, the government believed she had "switched". My argument was that she had never switched because she had been raised Christian, and married a Christian man. Sorry for the confusion. should have been, "Never really switched"

World domination?  Wasn't there a dictator in the 20th century who thought his ideology was "the way", tried to dominate the world, only to shoot himself in a bunker in Berlin?

But this time it will work, since they're using Pinky and the Brain's plans for world domination.

They don't care about the things in their countries, look at the rape stats and suicidal rates in Europe and US. Every 2 minues, a single american is raped and the rapist will not go to jail, heck the police will not be reported in most cases. This is the civilised society!

False equivalency.

The West is in no way perfect, but you can't compare its shortcomings to the barbarism of execution based on apostasy. When was the last time anyone, anywhere in the West  was killed because they switched religion? Or because they were a victim of a rape? You have to go back a pretty long way to find an example. There is also a huge difference between a country failing to punish perpetrators as well as they should and a society which hides behind savage religious ideology to blame & punish the victim.

I mean, in the article, it says she had a muslim father who left her, and she was raised by a christian mother. Naturally, one would assume she was Christian, though, if I'm assuming correctly, the government believed that due to the fact that her father was muslim (Even though he left her at a young age and never impacted her with his beliefs), she was muslim too, so when she married a Christian man, the government believed she had "switched". My argument was that she had never switched because she had been raised Christian, and married a Christian man. Sorry for the confusion. should have been, "Never really switched"

No, no, I am really interested. How does one switch religions? Is there a process that one has to go through and sign contracts with Allah, Christ, Elune, C'Thun...?

False equivalency.

The West is in no way perfect, but you can't compare its shortcomings to the barbarism of execution based on apostasy. When was the last time anyone, anywhere in the West  was killed because they switched religion? Or because they were a victim of a rape? You have to go back a pretty long way to find an example. There is also a huge difference between a country failing to punish perpetrators as well as they should and a society which hides behind savage religious ideology to blame & punish the victim.

Barbarism is a rape every 2 minutes, and rapist? Walking freely. This is barbarism. Every example falls short in front of this. Women in west are not even safe in taxis? How cheap and shameful! West is number 1 in crimes, top 10 countries are all Europe and US.

The executions / cutting off of hands / removal of eyes /severing of spines /hangings obviously don't work as a deterrent under Islamic law as they still occur.

So what is the purpose of these barbaric acts?  Retribution?

Have you ever seen the position of so-called developed countries? Let's see:

about_victims.jpg

sa_statistics.jpg

reporting.jpg

about_offenders.jpg

Here's more:

attachicon.gifUntitled.jpg

Source 1 and Source 2 and Source 3

Good job using a straw man to ignore 99% of my post and avoid having to defend your religion from persecuting and punishing and killing the victims. And since Muslim countries often don't report rape since the victim is the one that gets the death penalty of course you have a lower stat... Irrelevant, you stats are flat out wrong.

You can say the same thing about Christianity and every other religion that's ever existed.

I frequently do.

If by taking over you mean the world will accept Islam then yes before the judgement day, it will happen. Islam will spread all over the world. Not a single home will be without it.

As usual, you take someone's words and make pathetic attempt at twisting them.

Crime is crime, it happens everywhere and happens for many reasons, non of them religion based..what goes on in these countries is barbaric in the name of some made up bull crap and is the cause of many of the worlds problems.. I can't see a way past the situation so if i had my way i'd do them all a favour and nuke their countries to put them all out of their misery.

Religion needs to die and anyone who disagrees die with it.. this wont be well received but i simply just cannot get my head around how people believe this stuff, not only believe it but dedicate their entire lives to it, they are missing out on so much.. freedom and thinking for yourself, they should try it they might enjoy it.

If we were to examine the death penalty from other areas of the world I am sure there would be much more revulsion as shown here, right?  Because this is linked to Islam all the haters come out of hibernation to post their Holier Than Thou messages.  

I'm against the death penalty, period. It''s barbaric and completely unnecessary.

And in an Islamic state, when a women is raped, she then gets sentenced to 100+ lashes for adultery and the guy usually gets off.

I'm against the death penalty, period. It''s barbaric and completely unnecessary.

I am against the women being unsafe in West. Its barbaric how they are treated!

And in an Islamic state, when a women is raped, she then gets sentenced to 100+ lashes for adultery and the guy usually gets off.

Example?

The executions / cutting off of hands / removal of eyes /severing of spines /hangings obviously don't work as a deterrent under Islamic law as they still occur.

So what is the purpose of these barbaric acts?  Retribution?

Do they work under any other law?

Yes its crazy they are treated as equal to men! They need to be locked up at home!

Example?

I'm just waiting for you to defend the punishment of victims on rape in Islamic states, and how Muslims in the west consider it ok to rape assault our women when they move here.

I'm just waiting for you to defend the punishment of victims on rape in Islamic states, and how Muslims in the west consider it ok to rape assault our women when they move here.

Give me an example where it happened.