Sudan Woman Faces Death for Apostasy

I am against the women being unsafe in West. Its barbaric how they are treated!

Deflecting again, hmm?

Y'know... All the women I know in my life feel perfectly safe walking down the street except one. My sister, who was raped and beaten by her Islamic Arab husband for daring to say no to him.  

Example?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=muslim+women+rape+victim+whipped

But I'm sure you'll stick your head in the sand again, or claim they all deserved it...

Do they work under any other law?

Nope, which is why they're not a deterrent and should be outlawed.

Guys, this isn't about rape. This isn't about Islam. This is about apostasy being classed as a crime in a country. You have other threads to discuss the other subjects, please stick to the topic or I'll have to close the thread.

Should apostasy be classed as a crime in a country?

Should it carry the death penalty if broken?

But Nick, how can de-link the "crime" of apostasy from religion when the crime itself only exists because of religion?

That's like trying to de-link the crime of theft from the act of taking something which doesn't belong to you. Cannot be done.

Guys, this isn't about rape. This isn't about Islam. This is about apostasy being classed as a crime in a country. You have other threads to discuss the other subjects, please stick to the topic or I'll have to close the thread.

The answer to both questions is 'No.' Plain and simple.

Deflecting again, hmm?

Y'know... All the women I know in my life feel perfectly safe walking down the street except one. My sister, who was raped and beaten by her Islamic Arab husband for daring to say no to him.  

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=muslim+women+rape+victim+whipped

But I'm sure you'll stick your head in the sand again, or claim they all deserved it...

Nope, which is why they're not a deterrent and should be outlawed.

There are lots and lots of "Excepts", you know, I have given you the statistics.

As far your link in concerned, let me read them and study and then I will be able to reply.

Edit: FFM how about we open a thread for this as this is not the topic for this discussion. What you say Nick?

Barbarism is a rape every 2 minutes, and rapist? Walking freely. This is barbarism. Every example falls short in front of this.

D00d in the West we try and rehabilitate a criminal, we don't hang them or cut off their hands.

If someone is a homosexual we accept them, not try and kill them by hanging them till they are dead.

As for your bloated criminal figures, they are not head of the population.

One person can burgal 700 houses, they record 700 crimes not 1.

But Nick, how can de-link the "crime" of apostasy from religion when the crime itself only exists because of religion?

The answer to both questions is 'No.' Plain and simple.

Look, Frank just did it. He didn't need to bring religion in to the mix, nor his thoughts on western society vs eastern society. Should this kind of thing in the article be a country law in today's world?

Why you two are discussing rape statistics is beyond me. It's not mentioned once in the article. As Mazhar suggested, if you want to discuss rape statistics or how it is viewed in other societies, please either find the appropriate thread or open a new one. That's all I'm getting at.

Fine, if you want to oversimplify the issue into a basic yes or no, then obviously it's no to both.

But I don't believe oversimplifying it is valid and makes for a very short conversation.

Yes its crazy they are treated as equal to men! They need to be locked up at home!

YES, HOW DARE WOMEN HAVE EQUAL RIGHTS!? They must be stoned whenever they don't do what we men like them to do! Also, their skin must not see the sunlight! They should all wear black ###### and never walk alone because they are not safe due to all of us being murderers, criminals, rapists!

... sigh...

Why should it be considered a crime? Because these people are supposedly belonging to an other artificially defined box? Because they fit to criteria B instead of criteria A?

Hell no!

No. Death penalty is abhorrent to me.

That said, Nick, it is difficult to avoid civilization comparaisons.

If we consider certain progresses from the Age of Enlightment in western civilizations, there are TWO important freedoms related to religion in the frame of equality of citizens

My Freedom OF Religion means that I am free to pratice my religion as long as it does not interfere with the laws of a secular regime and that it must be guaranteed to every other citizen.

My Freedom FROM Relgion implies that I should be affected by others' religions and these people should not be affected by mine.

This is a part of a western legacy and I find that flabbergasting that this question is raised in 2014.

• Like 2

They don't care about the things in their countries, look at the rape stats and suicidal rates in Europe and US. Every 2 minues, a single american is raped and the rapist will not go to jail, heck the police will not be reported in most cases. This is the civilised society!

I'm not being funny, but have you ever stopped to look at the names of rapist? I'm in the UK, and every couple of weeks there's another news story about a woman being gang-raped. And, lo and behold, the rapists always, ALWAYS have Islamic names. There is a sickness in the Muslim culture that belittles and dehumanises women, promoting men as somehow being of a higher social class and devaluing women to the point where they are seen as nothing more than slaves, vacuum cleaners with a vagina. So yes, there is a lot of rape in the west, and most of it is from immigrants from Muslim countries. There, of course, isn't much talk of rape in those countries, because forcing yourself on a woman is perfectly fine and acceptable behaviour - there isn't any rape because, for Muslims, forcing a woman to have sex isn't rape, it's just using a piece of meat. People like you, who bury your heads in the sand while promoting your evil religion, your days are numbered. Religion is failing. Science has shown the true method for finding the light. That light, what you might call God, will never be found in a centuries-old book of fables and folk-tales, but in the sensors of a supercollider at the end of an electron microscope, in the mind of people who aren't held back by a culture that is persistently living out the 7th century like some evil, murderous Groundhog Day.

• Like 3

Are you serious? Why do you think apostasy is a punishable crime in the first place? It's entirely religiously motivated. I agree the topic went off the rails about rape, but this is still entirely an example of religious barbarism.

A Sudanese court has sentenced a woman to hang for apostasy after she left Islam and married a Christian man.

Frankly, you should have posted this topic in the official religion topic because this is a religious story. You're a mod, you should lead by example.

We should have a rule similar to the joke forum's tag rule. If you post a story that should be in the official topic (religion, climate change, LGBTI, etc.) it gets locked.

I'm not being funny, but have you ever stopped to look at the names of rapist? I'm in the UK, and every couple of weeks there's another news story about a woman being gang-raped. And, lo and behold, the rapists always, ALWAYS have Islamic names. There is a sickness in the Muslim culture that belittles and dehumanises women, promoting men as somehow being of a higher social class and devaluing women to the point where they are seen as nothing more than slaves, vacuum cleaners with a ######. So yes, there is a lot of rape in the west, and most of it is from immigrants from Muslim countries.

The stats which I quoted shows that 60% are not reported, what you are gonna say about that?

Then the para I quoted mentions that women are not safe in taxi and a girl was raped 90 times in a week?

And Western people talk about women in Islam? They should take care the position of their women first.

Secondly, give me a proof that " there is a lot of rape in the west, and most of it is from immigrants from Muslim countries.

Also give me proof of "I'm in the UK, and every couple of weeks there's another news story about a woman being gang-raped. And, lo and behold, the rapists always, ALWAYS have Islamic names"

Fine, if you want to oversimplify the issue into a basic yes or no, then obviously it's no to both.

But I don't believe oversimplifying it is valid and makes for a very short conversation.

I am waiting for your reply. Should we open a thread to discuss your link?

Okay where it says that the woman was raped and she was sentenced because she was raped?

I gave you my reply, if you've read the material, open a thread on it if you like. I may or may not bother to reply to you. I'm sure plenty will though.

I gave you my reply, if you've read the material, open a thread on it if you like. I may or may not bother to reply to you. I'm sure plenty will though.

Why would you bother? You asked answers from me, so I will open the thread with you as the audience and I will not entertain others much.

I'm not being funny, but have you ever stopped to look at the names of rapist? I'm in the UK, and every couple of weeks there's another news story about a woman being gang-raped. And, lo and behold, the rapists always, ALWAYS have Islamic names. 

is that right? do you have a link so I can see this 

The stats which I quoted shows that 60% are not reported, what you are gonna say about that?

Then the para I quoted mentions that women are not safe in taxi and a girl was raped 90 times in a week?

And Western people talk about women in Islam? They should take care the position of their women first.

Secondly, give me a proof that " there is a lot of rape in the west, and most of it is from immigrants from Muslim countries.

Also give me proof of "I'm in the UK, and every couple of weeks there's another news story about a woman being gang-raped. And, lo and behold, the rapists always, ALWAYS have Islamic names"

Okay where it says that the woman was raped and she was sentenced because she was raped?

Google it. Frankly it disgusts me to think about. In Kent, for instance, 53% of rapes are by immigrants, in Surrey 50%. And we aren't talking French immigrants here - 91% of Muslim male immigrants in the UK are reported to have been charged with some form of sex offence. And take Oslo, where there was 111 rapes last year with 72 being from non-western ethnic origins. Consider that non-western ethnic origins makes up about 3% of the population! yet account for 60% of rapes... You don't need to go far to see the Muslim culture is heavily pro-rape. http://jonathanturley.org/2008/04/02/leading-english-muslim-endorses-the-killing-and-raping-of-non-muslims/

Just google the statistics, as I say. Instead of coming on and saying that the west is full of rapists, turn an eye towards yourselves. But you won't. You'll ignore what I have written, or you won't believe it, or you will justify it with some other nonsense. The fact is, Muslim culture endorses rape.

http://shariaunveiled.wordpress.com/2013/08/06/95-of-child-rape-and-molestation-convictions-in-the-uk-were-committed-by-muslims/

http://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/3846/britain-child-grooming

http://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/3854/uk-taxi-rapes

http://www.frontpagemag.com/2014/frontpagemag-com/gavin-bobys-fight-against-muslim-rape-gangs-in-the-u-k-on-the-glazov-gang/

Now, don't get me wrong. I don't care if you're Muslim, Jew, Catholic of Jedi, but when you come here shouting nonsense about a rape culture in the West, I find it hard to take anything you say seriously.

Are you serious? Why do you think apostasy is a punishable crime in the first place? It's entirely religiously motivated. I agree the topic went off the rails about rape, but this is still entirely an example of religious barbarism.

Frankly, you should have posted this topic in the official religion topic because this is a religious story. You're a mod, you should lead by example.

We should have a rule similar to the joke forum's tag rule. If you post a story that should be in the official topic (religion, climate change, LGBTI, etc.) it gets locked.

Not really, to simplify apostasy its "do as we say or we kill you", When its looked at like that you see its not different to any other nut-case cults/religions out there.  

The fact is, Muslim culture endorses rape.

Okay I will read your material, but let me reply this. Muslim culture endorses rape? Muslims culture comes from the scriptures, so you now have to proove from scriptures that "Muslim culture endorses rape". Please do, I am waiting.

Google it. Frankly it disgusts me to think about. In Kent, for instance, 53% of rapes are by immigrants, in Surrey 50%. And we aren't talking French immigrants here - 91% of Muslim male immigrants in the UK are reported to have been charged with some form of sex offence. And take Oslo, where there was 111 rapes last year with 72 being from non-western ethnic origins. Consider that non-western ethnic origins makes up about 3% of the population! yet account for 60% of rapes... You don't need to go far to see the Muslim culture is heavily pro-rape. http://jonathanturley.org/2008/04/02/leading-english-muslim-endorses-the-killing-and-raping-of-non-muslims/

Just google the statistics, as I say. Instead of coming on and saying that the west is full of rapists, turn an eye towards yourselves. But you won't. You'll ignore what I have written, or you won't believe it, or you will justify it with some other nonsense. The fact is, Muslim culture endorses rape.

http://shariaunveiled.wordpress.com/2013/08/06/95-of-child-rape-and-molestation-convictions-in-the-uk-were-committed-by-muslims/

http://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/3846/britain-child-grooming

http://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/3854/uk-taxi-rapes

http://www.frontpagemag.com/2014/frontpagemag-com/gavin-bobys-fight-against-muslim-rape-gangs-in-the-u-k-on-the-glazov-gang/

Now, don't get me wrong. I don't care if you're Muslim, Jew, Catholic of Jedi, but when you come here shouting nonsense about a rape culture in the West, I find it hard to take anything you say seriously.

Not wanting to continue the rape theme but just wanted to point out out that all those sites are well known anti-Islamic & anti-immigrant sites.  Just saying.

Not wanting to continue the rape theme but just wanted to point out out that all those sites are well known anti-Islamic & anti-immigrant sites. Just saying.

Just did a quick google and those were the top results. From the BBC news website, 53% of rapes in Kent, 50% in Surrey are caused by non-Western immigrants. 5% of the UK is non-western immigrants. Now the BBC isn't going to come out and say 'Muslims', but the statistics are there for all to see. Just look at the names next time you see a news paper article about a gang-rape.

Just did a quick google and those were the top results. From the BBC news website, 53% of rapes in Kent, 50% in Surrey are caused by non-Western immigrants. 5% of the UK is non-western immigrants. Now the BBC isn't going to come out and say 'Muslims', but the statistics are there for all to see. Just look at the names next time you see a news paper article about a gang-rape.

They can not state they are Muslim as it would not be true, its just people associating skin colour and names (when they are given).  Filling in the blanks if you will.