Do i have to have Water Cooling if i am going to Overclock?

My Corsair H50 (4 years ago?) was nosier than the new Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO Cooler I bought last year, and it cools even better than the H50. I've overclocked by about 1GHz, makes no sense the EVO is way cheaper but there you go :)

Remember to connect the fans on the radiator to a temperature controlled connector so it doesn't run at full speed all the time, radiator fans can run really slowly and still be effective. my H50 is barely audible, all I hear is my damn graphics card. 

Serious overclockers don't use cheap closed loop setups ;)

I am not ready to jump in to deep waters just yet :)

My Corsair H50 (4 years ago?) was nosier than the new Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO Cooler I bought last year, and it cools even better than the H50. I've overclocked by about 1GHz, makes no sense the EVO is way cheaper but there you go :)

So i could use the 212 for small OC no problem?

212s should OC pretty well.  I wouldn't know if they're alright for heavier OCing, since I don't do that.

My 212s are quieter than my old water cooling setup heh.

Serious overclockers don't use cheap closed loop setups ;)

Which is what I said in my first reply. 

water cooling is for silence. and don't necessarily cool better than air unless you have a custom built setup. 

Arguably if you're a serious silence fan you need a custom water cooling setup then to since you'll want to cool the CPU, Chipset, and VGA, and if you're extreme the PSU.   and if you're an overclocker you throw in the RAM and stuff. And then you throw in an external radiator tower and you have a overclockable super silent monster.