Halo: The Master Chief Collection coming to Xbox One this year, collects Halos 1-4

I hope they don't mess up online coop like they did in Halo: Anniversary. 

Was completely unplayable for so many people, would lag immensely for whoever wasn't the host. This even happened when I tried to play over LAN directly with a cable so it wasn't my network. 

I have no problem playing it online with my friend as host.

Why? Halo 3 isn't even HD to begin with and while Halo 4 is native 720p (I think?) a bump up to 1080p would be welcome (Y)

Just going from the definition: "A seemingly absurd or contradictory statement or proposition which when investigated may prove to be well founded or true". I just thought what with them being released on a console that touted HD graphics that giving them HD re-releases sounded redundant. :P As you said, Halo 3 isn't HD to begin with (640p) and Halo 4 is merely 720p, so the paradox statement is technically correct.

Obviously, it's a big difference being released on the Xbox One. It's a guaranteed money-spinner that they need right now; they've definitely got at least one new Xbox One owner in the future, as one of my friends pledged to buy it as soon as she saw the news (Halo is the only reason she's ever bought every Xbox so far).

Tomb Raider Definitive Edition or the older titles?

PS3 didn't get the first 2 titles from Crystal Dynamics until the HD collection. They were on PS2 only, so it was actually a worthwhile Collection for them. Both of them are older than Halo 3. The TR collection on 360 was pointless as the games launched in HD from the start. The only advantage being the reduced cost and inclusion of DLC IIRC.

The Last of Us is the big one and there is rumours now of GT6 being ported and announced at E3. There's been quite a few PSN titles which were remade and available to PS4 owners via crossbuy too.

The last one that was on PS3 and 360 and then launched as the definitive edition on next gen.

sure the games arein HD as far as models and such go. but they don't exist on the next gen consoles playable in full HD. 

That would be more than welcomed on my part as well.

Can you picture Halo 1-4 as one massive game. That would be sweet. I wonder if anyone at Microsoft is thinking the same thing.

1-4 as one game wouldn't make sense, 1-3 sure. but then you suddenly start a new series/arc in the last quarter of the game wouldn't make much sense.

The last one that was on PS3 and 360 and then launched as the definitive edition on next gen.

sure the games arein HD as far as models and such go. but they don't exist on the next gen consoles playable in full HD.

1-4 as one game wouldn't make sense, 1-3 sure. but then you suddenly start a new series/arc in the last quarter of the game wouldn't make much sense.

Couldn't they just put a filler in there, to show the transition to the new story arc?

They could but it still wouldn't make sense, to have one full arc and then begin another unfinished arc in the same massive game. 

better to have one massive game for the Halo arc and another disc for Halo 4

Couldn't they just put a filler in there, to show the transition to the new story arc?

Nope. I think you need reminding what happens at the end of Halo 3 and the start of 4 and where Chief is and what he is doing :P If they retcon it, it would screw up the new trilogy too.

Technically 3 and 4 are connected in the story arc through Cortana but that's about it.

That's what caused half the problems, Anniversary was literally Halo 1 with a new renderer bolted on. I even ran into glitches that I hit originally during my first play through.

I wonder if they'll do the same with H2:A, using the original engine keeps the same "feel", but of course also brings back all the bugs (Including stuff like super jumps, which people actually want for MP) There's also the issue that Halo 1 didn't have online play while Halo 2 did, so are we going to see the original MP code with new XBL support, or something like a port of the Halo 4 netcode with new maps, it'll be interesting to see.

It was meant to be like that -- the original game, warts and all, simply with the new engine. I'm sure that's all the remake of the second game will be.

I know that :laugh:

One of the issues with Anniversary was that they apparently used the PC port instead of the console build as the base, and for whatever reason (Considering it was released later) the PC port randomly uses assets from much older builds (And even includes a bunch of cut content like Engineers), so things like the texture for Keyes is wrong.

4.jpg

People are still fixing the PC port to work properly (Just recently a Bungie employee released an update to enable shaders to work properly on Nvidia hardware). I don't think the PC port of Halo 2 had these issues, but either way the PC port is just the wrong thing to base it on.

Edit: Random easter egg, the line above his name on the badge says "Hello My Name", because they couldn't fit in the "is".

This what they should do to pay homage to Chief and Halo.

Steel Book

This what they should do to pay homage to Chief and Halo.

Steel Book

Yep still got it... And the game is in amazing condition. Considering the abuse it would take from family members when I wasn't home...

post-469420-0-55831300-1400638807.jpg

post-469420-0-19996300-1400638905.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

No idea if real but it looks pretty and convincing. 

If it is real, the trailer seems to support the rumours that Master Chief a) has his own ship and b) is able to select where he goes to some extent. 

ClKUrM7.png

The Current Objectives on the screen read:

\\Ship Maintenance

Fuel level - Critical

Autopilot active

Oxygen Levels - High

\\Patrol Alpha Canis Minoris

Intercept Dropship

\\Alert:

Distress Signal: Urs System

SCm5o9W.png

Something about the Urs system and Sanghelios. 

As an aside - I see that Microsoft has made Kinect work nice and fluid in the 26th Century. That responsiveness is incredible. :D

aaaand false alarm. I just found the original on Vimeo.

Whoops :P

(That's what I get when I'm bored and mucking around on YouTube and other video sites. False excitement :( )

It will be interesting to see what the full size of the game will be. It looks amazing but I am guessing that it is going to be around 40gb

Ah ######, just realized Nov 12th is likely the day I leave for my honeymoon... :laugh:

Congrats! I hope you and your Xbox have a great time together! I'm sure that your Xbox will understand if you jiggle the travel dates around a wee bit so that you can get the Halo collection before you both leave on your honeymoon.

Wait. Did I get that backwards?

• Like 3

I was wrong (Y)

But where's my Reach and ODST?

I can see them making them $10 - $15 DLC Expansion Packs

Don't get my hopes up :laugh: I get the feeling that Microsoft considers Reach and ODST to be secondary games that don't matter as much.

Problem for me is that I honestly think they're the 2 best games of the series, MC is a cool character and all but I'm not really a fan of the lone wolf style gameplay, Reach and ODST paired you with other characters and the relationships between them made the game much better.

Don't get my hopes up :laugh: I get the feeling that Microsoft considers Reach and ODST to be secondary games that don't matter as much.

Problem for me is that I honestly think they're the 2 best games of the series, MC is a cool character and all but I'm not really a fan of the lone wolf style gameplay, Reach and ODST paired you with other characters and the relationships between them made the game much better.

ODST was my favourite in the series for the reasons you just noted. I really hope they give ODST and Reach it's own bundle.

I don't think they will, I mean this new pack is a setup for Halo 5, remember that it comes with access to the Halo 5 beta and also the little video series that ties Halo 4 and 5 together story wise.   It makes little sense to do Reach and ODST when they're not really tied to Halo 5 other than being in the same universe.

Still, who knows?  I think it'd be better for them to work on other things, Reach and ODST aren't that old. 

I enjoyed both ODST and Reach but to me they are essentially the same games with different characters.

1. Do a bunch of random tasks

2. Oh wait... now you have to take this package and deliver it "over there".

:/

Reach had a very weak story compared to what they could do with the lore.

• Like 1