My Rebuild: Corsair Carbide 500R + Phanteks PH-TC14PE

CG-88

Hi Guys,

I received my new case and CPU cooler from the awesome overclockers.co.uk yesterday. It arrived before I went to work...longest day ever haha

Anyway I took some pictures as I was doing it for the hell of it and would like to share some results:

Rig before:

24dl9hi.jpg

MoBo before:

10icqk4.jpg

MoBo with cooler :o

m23d4.jpgbdjhhc.jpg

With fans:

zmy2pg.jpg28s8uas.jpg

Clearance:(I moved the fans up about 5mm after this picture)

343lo60.jpga0vxoz.jpg

Rig after :D

52npg2.jpg35kii35.jpg29w1rte.jpg

28kiy6e.jpgjphn46.jpg

Overall I am very happy. In regards to the install of the CPU cooler, it was an absolute breeze!!! There were literally no issues at all. Remove stock retention bracket, add on the new bracket, screw it mounting plate to the cooler and install to the new retention plate. Job done.

Before I got the case and cooler I was playing Battlefield 4 on medium GFX settings as the CPU was shouting at me when it was on Ultra due to the temps going over 70 degrees.

The below tests were done with battlefield 4, on medium settings, resolution 1920x1080, 10 minutes after boot:

Before new case and cooler:(idle and load - PWM with stock cooler)

CPU Idle: 29 degrees

CPU Load: Max I saw was 64 degrees

After new case and cooler:(PWN with two fans on the cooler: PWM fans at the top of the case and rear exhaust, 200mm side case fan and two 120mm case fans at the front on Corsairs fan controller on medium setting)

CPU Idle: 26 degrees

CPU Load: 33 degrees

And the below test is also with battlefield 4, on Ultra settings, resolution 1920x1080, 10 minutes after boot with the same settings with the case etc as above

CPU idle: 26 degrees

CPU load: 42 degrees

So as you can see the idle temperatures have barely changed, but the load temperatues are absolutely outstanding!!! It seems the hotter the CPU tries to get the better this cooler performs.

For the case itself, very easy assembly, everything feels well built and strong, lots of clearance for coolers taller than this one even though there is a 200mm fan on the side.

Cable management is awesome! Lots of room at the back as there is an indent in both sides of the case for cables etc.

Very impressed :) And it looks good too lol

Regards

CG-88

• Like 5
Jason S.

I have that case too. really nice isnt it? that cooler is absolutely gigantic, though!

CG-88

I have that case too. really nice isnt it? that cooler is absolutely gigantic, though

It is really good! I love it so far. Good build quality and lots of room for improvements, customisation and upgrades :D

Haha yeah it is, I think it looks epic and performs really well!

Jason S.

how's the noise w/ all those fans stuffed in that case?

D!ABOL!C

That's sweet!

Questions for you, are you using a software program to get those temps or are you taking the temperature from inside the case with a probe?

tsupersonic

Whoa dat cooler. I've always wondered with coolers like that and massive graphics card (2-3 lbs!), that must be a lot of stress on the motherboard. 

CG-88

how's the noise w/ all those fans stuffed in that case?

There is a slight buzz on idle from one of my top case fans but the rest are absolutely silent, even on full load!

That's sweet!

Questions for you, are you using a software program to get those temps or are you taking the temperature from inside the case with a probe?

I'm using AI suite as it is the software for the motherboard. I compared it with a few others like HWmonitor etc and they all say the same temps.

Whoa dat cooler. I've always wondered with coolers like that and massive graphics card (2-3 lbs!), that must be a lot of stress on the motherboard. 

haha I know! Makes you wonder how motherboards handle tri SLI etc with aftermarket coolers etc.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By News Staff
      Enter the Ultimate Gaming Giveaway Ft. Xbox Series X, PlayStation 5 & more
      by Steven Parker

Valued at over $5,000! Win the hottest consoles of 2020 from PlayStation and Xbox, plus gear from Bose and Sony

What happens when you gather up all the best gaming devices, subscriptions, and gear of the year? You get the Ultimate Gaming Giveaway. We're finishing up the year with a splash — by giving away every gamer's dream wish list. From the hottest consoles of the holiday season: PS5 and Xbox X Series to a premium gaming setup featuring a Bose Gaming Headset, a Corsair Gaming Keyboard, and even a 65" Sony 4K Smart TV, this giveaway is stacked with value. Enter, share with your friends, and bring home the jackpot.

Immerse yourself in 4K gaming with faster and smoother frame rates with a brand new PlayStation 5 Score the powerful, all-new Xbox console before your friends Get all the benefits of Xbox Game Pass and PlayStation 5 for the next five years Level up your gaming setup with a Bost QuietComfort Gaming Headset, the TITAN Gaming Chair, and Corsair Gaming Keyboard Use your new consoles to binge your favorite movies on your new Sony 65" 4K TV What you can win
      PlayStation 5 Console (Value: $499) 5 Years of PlayStation Plus (Value: $299.95) Xbox X Series Console (Value: $499.99) 5 Years of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate (Value: $899.40) Secretlab TITAN Gaming Chair (Value: $459) Corsair Optical Gaming Keyboard (Value: $229.99) Sony X900H 65 Inch TV: 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV (Value: $1,897.99) Bose QuietComfort 35 Series 2 Gaming Headset (Value: $329.99) Total Value: $5,115

Gallery: Ultimate Gaming Giveaway
      How do you stand a chance to win?
      All you have to do is sign up for free on the Neowin Deals website with your email or social media account to enter the competition. Share with family and friends to gain more entries.

Open to everyone (Worldwide) You can purchase additional entries (optional) Drawing is February 26th, 2021 Alternative cash option of $2,500 USD The small print
      This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You are providing your information to StackCommerce, Inc. and not to Facebook. Please also check out the official rules on this page.

>> Click here for the Ultimate Gaming Giveaway page <<
      Get $1 credit for every $25 spent · Give $10, Get $10 · 10% off for first-time buyers.

Not for you?
      If this offer doesn't interest you, why not check out the following offers:

Enter the Home Gym Giveaway | Ultimate Gaming Giveaway Ivacy VPN - 5 year subscription for just $0.99 per month NordVPN - 2 year subscription at up to 68% off +3 months for free! Private Internet Access VPN - subscriptions at up to 71% off Unlocator VPN or SmartDNS - unblock Geoblock with 7-day free trial Subscribe to Neowin - for $14 a year, or $28 a year for Ad-Free experience Disable Sponsored posts · Neowin Deals · Free eBooks · Neowin Store

Disclosure: This is a StackCommerce deal or giveaway in partnership with Neowin; an account at StackCommerce is required to participate in any deals or giveaways. For a full description of StackCommerce's privacy guidelines, go here. Neowin benefits from shared revenue of each sale made through our branded deals site, and it all goes toward the running costs.

• By Jay Bonggolto
      Corsair announces a new wireless gaming headset for Xbox One, Series X, and Series S
      by Jay Bonggolto

Corsair today announced a new wireless gaming headset that's compatible with Xbox One and Windows 10 PCs. The company says the HS75 XB headset will also work with Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S when these consoles roll out on November 10.

The headset uses 50mm neodymium drivers and has a uni-directional microphone that should minimize unnecessary sounds from the environment. Corsair also claims the HS75 XB is the company's first headphones to feature Dolby Atmos spatial sound. It also includes on-ear game audio and chat mix controls.

Connectivity-wise, the headset can pair directly with your console through Xbox Wireless technology, with up to 30 feet of wireless range. That means it won't require a wireless receiver installed on the console to function. However, you will need an Xbox Wireless Adapter to connect the headphones to your Windows PC. The adapter is also sold separately.

The headset's battery can last up to 20 hours on a single charge. It's available starting today via Corsair's online storefront and authorized retailers worldwide for $149.99. The product comes with a two-year warranty as well.

• By Newb
      Hey guys!
      I'm thinking of upgrading my deepcool de600 psu to this corsair cx550m power supply but I can't decide because I've seen so many good and bad reviews about this one. What are your thoughts about this?

My Specs:
      Micro atx board
      Ryzen 5 1400 (upgrading to 3000 series in the future)
      Gtx 1050 ti 4gb OC (upgrading to an rx580 8gb or gtx 1660 in the future)
      2x8 gb ddr4 3200mhz
      1 hdd(1 tb)
      1 hdd(500 gb)
      1 nvme m.2 ssd(250 gb)
      1 sata ssd(120 gb)

• By indospot
      Corsair announces plans to acquire controller maker SCUF Gaming
      by João Carrasqueira

Corsair is mostly known for building a wide range of PC components and accessories for gaming, but it started expanding its business with the acquisition of Origin PC, which allowed it to get into making custom-built PCs. Now, it's expanding yet again, but by adding a new range of accessories to its portfolio: the company is acquiring controller maker SCUF Gaming.

SCUF has been around since 2011, and it specializes in high-end, modular controllers that can be customized to the user's needs. SCUF controllers often include plenty of customizable components, including D-pads, swappable thumbsticks, trigger stops, faceplates, and more. SCUF has also worked with Microsoft on special variants of the Xbox Elite Controller, which is pretty customizable in itself.

Andy Paul, CEO of Corsair, commented on the addition of SCUF controllers to its portfolio:

Following the acquisition, SCUF will continue to operate as a separate brand from Corsair, and keep its HQ in Atlanta. The deal is expected to be completed within the next month.

• By indospot
      Corsair announces its acquisition of Origin PC
      by João Carrasqueira

Corsair, a company well-known for its gaming-oriented PC components and peripherals, has announced that it is acquiring Origin PC. Both brands are likely familiar to the PC gamer community - Corsair's products including gaming mice and components such as RAM modules with RGB lighting, and Origin PC is one of the best-known makers of custom-built PCs. Just yesterday, the latter company showed off a machine that brought together a PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4, in addition to a Nintendo Switch dock.

The goal of the acquisition is to make it easier for gamers to transition from consoles to PCs by making it easier for customers to have the PC they want built for them, rather than having to build it themselves. Andy Paul, founder and CEO of Corsair, said:

As mentioned above, since Corsair has its own components and Origin PC builds computers using said components, this seems like a somewhat logical move. Origin PC's will soon start being integrated with Corsair's iCue software to control RGB lighting, and the Hydro X cooling solution will also make its way to some Origin PC systems in the near future. More cooperation like this should also be expected in the future.

Origin PC will continue to operate from its existing headquarters in Miami, Florida, and it will keep its branding within Corsair. Corsair didn't disclose how much the acquisition was worth.