Difficulty with Firefox

I am having some difficulty with Firefox 29 on multiple computers.

First, on my XP computer, Firefox used to be extremely slow to start. It often took five minutes to get it started. I periodically kept getting 'unresponsive plugin' messages. It seems that Shockwave Flash was the source of the message and it would often cause the entire computer to become slow and unresponsive. Now those two issues have gone away, and Firefox is now crashing frequently.

On my Windows 8.1 computer, when I go to certain sites, Firefox freezes and has difficulty scrolling. On the Windows 8.1 computer, I have IE and Chrome as alternate browsers.

I'm probably going to be replacing the XP computer soon since it's outdated. With problems with Firefox on Windows 8.1, I'm thinking that overall Firefox is not a reliable browsers. I guess what I am wondering is what's causing Firefox to constantly crash and on certain sites, what is making Firefox have difficulty with smooth scrolling?

Check your addons. Most likely the case. Would you be able to list them?

Most likely addons, plugins, 3rd party modules hooking into it, driver bugs, etc.

If you open "about:crashes" in Firefox it will show you a list of every crash it's recorded, and if you click on them will open a page on their site showing what caused the crash (Post those links here)