Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
einsteinbqat

Outsourced

16 posts in this topic

I just discovered this TV programme. It?s so funny. Love it. Anyone knows it? Why was it cancelled?

it was aired a few years ago and I liked it. I guess the rating wasn't that good and cancelled before the end of 1st season.

Generally a program is canceled due to low ratings and Ad incomes.

But it?s such a funny TV programme, and so different from what we usually see. It?s so refreshing.

Was probably due to the low ratings, it doesn't cost much to make these so cancelling them is easy

I really liked it also.  The movie isn't too bad either.

it was aired a few years ago and I liked it. I guess the rating wasn't that good and cancelled before the end of 1st season.

Well, it still got 22 episodes.

remembering the cancellation of this show just reinforces my dislike for nbc

i really liked this show too. it wasnt something i'd normally watch, but it was quirky. the characters were pretty amazing - esp. Manmeat!

i really liked this show too. it wasnt something i'd normally watch, but it was quirky. the characters were pretty amazing - esp. Manmeat!

Hahaha! Totally!

I liked that show too, but due to low ratings and the fact that it's NBC, it only lasted one season. It had quite a few caricatures and was not without its share of cheesy jokes, which probably also added to its demise.

It had quite a few caricatures and was not without its share of cheesy jokes, which probably also added to its demise.

I think that it was part of the point of the show, some self mockery. I'm not Indian, but whatever the skin colour, you need to be able to laugh at yourself from time to time. It's like the Big Bang Theory, so many stereotypes, and caricatures there, but it's one of the top hit TV programmes.

Makes me think of this upcoming ABC programme about the Asian family. Wondering how long it will last.

I think that it was part of the point of the show, some self mockery. I'm not Indian, but whatever the skin colour, you need to be able to laugh at yourself from time to time. It's like the Big Bang Theory, so many stereotypes, and caricatures there, but it's one of the top hit TV programmes.

Makes me think of this upcoming ABC programme about the Asian family. Wondering how long it will last.

Yeah, there has to be some amount of stereotyping in these shows, but it can be hit and miss. I would have watched had it carried on -- if only for Rebecca Hazlewood and Pippa Black -- but alas...

Yeah. This is was awesome. I laughed and laughed and laughed. Didn't feel good when it got the boot.

1 person likes this

It wasn't forced enough.  It seems everything needs to be extremely over-exaggerated with major actors that don't even try to act.  Seriously the TV shows that make it now really suck, the ones that don't (Almost Human, Outsourced, Believe etc) get canned before they even get a chance.  If Friends and Seinfeld were held to today's standards they would have been canned first season.

It wasn't forced enough.  It seems everything needs to be extremely over-exaggerated with major actors that don't even try to act.  Seriously the TV shows that make it now really suck, the ones that don't (Almost Human, Outsourced, Believe etc) get canned before they even get a chance.  If Friends and Seinfeld were held to today's standards they would have been canned first season.

I know, right, They barely let the chance to the programme to run that they cancel it already.

They probably just run a programme to see if they get enough advertising revenues.